Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Here is the last video of the night from NCAA Football 10. In the snow...

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 moylan1234 @ 06/15/09 12:53 AM
as always love the footsteps and that QB slip looks great. now all we need are some snow angels!

# 2 Tovarich @ 06/15/09 12:59 AM
yikes

The run...the safety on the right side of the screen...in the same direction the run goes, for no apparent reason(after the ball has already been handed off) switches directions for just a second and turns around as though to run in the other direction, that one random turn for one second that's done for no reason causes the touchdown. He'd be there to make the tackle otherwise. Pursuit angles may have been improved, but if the safety is going to turn around for no reason, that seems to cancel the bad pursuit angles out.

# 3 Gossennator @ 06/15/09 01:25 AM
Why are all the sleeves gray and not white?

# 4 NoLittleBabies @ 06/15/09 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
yikes

The run...the safety on the right side of the screen...in the same direction the run goes, for no apparent reason(after the ball has already been handed off) switches directions for just a second and turns around as though to run in the other direction, that one random turn for one second that's done for no reason causes the touchdown. He'd be there to make the tackle otherwise. Pursuit angles may have been improved, but if the safety is going to turn around for no reason, that seems to cancel the bad pursuit angles out.
Yeah, you would think someone should've noticed that. At this point it isn't really surprising, though.

# 5 GetYaWeigtUp @ 06/15/09 02:23 AM
The run defense has been brutal in all the videos so far. This is ridiculous, there is no defense in this game whatsoever. This game may be worse than 09!

# 6 moylan1234 @ 06/15/09 02:35 AM
did you guys not see this vid? http://www.operationsports.com/videoview.php?id=425 mostly run plays and the only one that went for big yards was due to a hold. seems pretty balanced to me.

# 7 rudyjuly2 @ 06/15/09 06:07 AM
I liked the number of slips. Weather will actually matter this year.

# 8 rudyjuly2 @ 06/15/09 08:26 AM
I'm just happy that the RB animations on long runs is better now. The animation doesn't deteriorate into a wounded galloping animal.

# 9 marcoyk @ 06/15/09 08:58 AM
I liked everything I saw except for the crowd. On the kickoff return TD the crowd all stood up as the returner crossed the goal-line, even though it was certain that he'd score since about the 40 yard line. That really isn't a big deal for me but is something I've noticed in 09 as well. The slipping and footprints in the snow look really good. Thanks for the video.

# 10 jdrhammer @ 06/15/09 09:35 AM
Is it just me or should the KO teams have a slight bump because this is ridiculous. 09 & from the looks of 10, the KO teams just get mauled when they have all the momentum. The suction/grapple animations need to go on KO's and Punts. It is more bang/bang and people don't stop to engage in whatever you call that. KO teams need to swarm more aggressively and in these situations I could see a need for a slight ratings boost or something to give the KO team a small advantage.

Call me crazy but I think this is a definite need for the next rendition along with the speed of the O in the backfield vs. the speed of the D. The extra momentum or downhill feeling isn't there. That pocket clip of OL/DL interaction of Buffalo vs Baltimore looked really good.

Same goes for the forest gump running and turning on a dime only to run straight for the sidelines. The only way you should be able to make a 90 degree turn would require an animation similar to the slip where you practically stop and lose speed because you start over. The speed burst should not even kick in unless you are in a fairly straight line. Any change of direction from that path would result in running at normal speed even if you are murdering the R2 button. If you want to change directions then you need to juke and even then you'd lose a little speed.

So it looks like we need to scrap the current animations for DL/OL interaction too.

# 11 jdrhammer @ 06/15/09 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm just happy that the RB animations on long runs is better now. The animation doesn't deteriorate into a wounded galloping animal.
The long run by #32 looked much better indeed.

# 12 jrod1981 @ 06/15/09 11:29 AM
The only thing completly unbelieveable in that vid is having ANY Wisconsin RB scoring on a 90+ yard run Vid looked good to me. I do wish they would slow the game speed down just a tad. Also, I REALLY hope the commentary is so hit or miss because its a beta version. Then again, i'm used to the commentary on The Show.

# 13 Drocks @ 06/15/09 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
yikes

Are you sure he wasn't playing the pass there, thinking it was a fake? I'm not saying that's totally legit either, but maybe that's a function of the "setup" plays thing, where he "thought" he saw a fake, reacted, and it put him in a bad place. I think that's the logic involved there. I don't think it was completely random.

# 14 funky_chicken @ 06/15/09 11:59 AM
The QB and the defender slipping were pretty cool. It will make playing in bad weather a bit of a challenge.

# 15 legendkiller5 @ 06/15/09 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Slipping animations (especially the QB animation) are beautiful.

I wonder if we'll see bad snaps outta shotgun, punt and FG formations in bad weather.
I can't remember which video it was in, but there was a bad shotgun snap. Pretty sure it was snapped below the knees, but I don't think it was related to bad weather.

# 16 huntt26 @ 06/15/09 12:07 PM
Yep, I've seen the bad snap in a different video. Hope to see some bad punt snaps, that would be cool and realistic.

Glad to see the QB slip, and the ripping at the ball animation is also good. Running and some blocking stuff is still very messed up though. Looking forward to the demo later this week!

# 17 KG @ 06/15/09 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
In the open field it looks good but between the tackles it looks bad. No foot planting, breaking stride, or acceleration/deceleration at all.

The slips looked good.

# 18 TreyIM2 @ 06/15/09 12:39 PM
This vid looked pretty good and you guys pointed out the good stuff such as the slipping QB and the run animations. I was on the fence about this game after first saying I would get it but now I'm back to my original feeling that I will be picking this up next month...unless the demo makes me feel otherwise.
The only issue I had with the vid was when dude scored the TD after such a long run and he basically stopped his momentum after a couple steps in the endzone as if it was nothing. After such an "exhaustingly long" run, there is no way he should be able to stop his momentum so quickly.
Oh, and for the snow, which I've already stated about Madden, they need to up the ground snow deformity to include footsliding and bodysliding/imprints. I hope they can work that in, next year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.