Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Just captured a screenshot from NBA Live 09 and compared it to the screenshot from today's NBA Live 10 screenshot. What'cha think? Spot the differences?

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MatthewCox10 @ 06/18/09 12:42 PM
Live 10 looks a lot better than Live 09 in that pic. Just think their not even close to being done with the game and it already looks that good. I'm so excited!

# 42 Jamin23 @ 06/18/09 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr logic
Are you gonna start beating people up because they have opinions too?

Where do you get off?

I respect stephensonmc for understanding that they are in fact going to get blamed for passed itineration’s of LIVE, as they should. (Until they produce a quality title)

Sure it may not be their fault directly and they may have had very little to do with the development of the last few titles, but that doesn't mean they completely get a pass.

They are part of the process now and just because they claim to know what the problems are doesn’t mean they can fix them.

I surely hope they can fix them because that would be fantastic for us gamers and great for the LIVE franchise and frankly, I am very glad to hear that all, if not most, of the guys who developed the last couple of NBA LIVE games have been put out to pasture. THAT’S A GOOD START.

Constructive criticism

- Fix Player models (no more fifa street bs)

- Please fix SpongeBob squarepants shorts

- I don’t even need to say anything about the questionable animations you guys push

-Step the presentation up, use espn more, implement like an "Around the horn" type of weekly highlights show.

-Having the actual media (ESPN) heavily implemented will make things like franchise more appealing and more immersive. And I’m not talking about espn signage everywhere, I’m talking about using their sports-writers, basketball analysts, PTI guys... any of these options brings life and context to a franchise mode.

- If you're going to add a "superstar mode" or "road to the league" make one that is worth playing for more than 15 min. This type of mode, if done properly, would be a huge hit considering how much emphasis and impact one player can have in the NBA unlike other sports.

- Lastly TJdaSportsGuy,

Go f*** yourself. Everyone is entitled to their opinion constructive or not. Who the hell are you to tell me I cannot voice my frustration about getting porked by NBA LIVE for the last 3 years.

Am I signed into OperationTJdaSportsGuy.com?
No, I didn’t think so.
You can have constructive criticism without being disrespectful. The mods don't have to come on here but they do out of their own time and we need to appreciate that. The way some people go back and fourth bashing nba live is not the way to go. That's just my two cents. Oh and in the future try not calling out mods. That is a way to get yourself banned.

# 43 23 @ 06/18/09 01:00 PM
please ban this guy TJ

# 44 Nokstar @ 06/18/09 01:00 PM
Stephen..PLEASE...PLEASE..tell me you guys worked on the shape of the player models...they player models for the last few years along with alot of animations looked very un-natural..please tell me they don't have that weird "wirey" looking frame. The players models and alot of the animations really bothered me the past few years...its like alot of the animations you guys don't even motion capture or something..why is that?

# 45 illwill 12 @ 06/18/09 01:09 PM
Marcus Stephenson,

I have a question. Will the right analog stick still be used for the crossovers in NBA LIVE 10?

Thank you

# 46 Behindshadows @ 06/18/09 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
please ban this guy TJ
Yeah! I agree with this statement. I've been following his post and they are just to bash the game, with input too.

But to tell a moderator to go blank themselves is just a instant violation.

# 47 Drocks @ 06/18/09 01:18 PM
The lighting is definitely the first thing that sticks out when comparing the two. That and the face textures. The crowd looks better as well. I likes.

# 48 theanswer34 @ 06/18/09 01:43 PM
The crowd looks different plz plz dont copy 2ks rowdy fan animations sorry fans don't act like that.

# 49 Behindshadows @ 06/18/09 01:50 PM
Quote:
Like I said. I'm glad that EA is listening to the community and investing in their ideas. I do appreciate it. That is more then I can say for 2k, but come on seriously, I can’t voice irritation from LIVE 07, 08 and 09 being extremely overhyped.

That’s reality. If these new devs are as great as they are and if Mike Wang is the answer to all basketball simulation problems then what’s said in here should be expected and it should just roll off their back. (As it seems to be)

And excuse me for feeling that I have been disrespected by EA's overhyped basketball games falling extremely short of the mark for the last 3 years.

Your right, I should bow to EA and thank them for propelling the NBA LIVE franchise into the depths of the $5 games bin at blockbuster. And I should also blindly believe whatever they say about how much better NBA Live 10 will be, based on some screen shots of course.

And if you want to ban me go for it. It makes total sense to ban someone who doesn’t agree with your point of view...
I don't like telling people what to say, because I'm not a God! But seriously your post are just vague. No one said,"bow down to EA"!

But to sit here and scream and babble to developers who didn't make Live 07 or 08 is just dumb. These are new developers, EA is a corporation name, not a development group. So stop labeling, Mike, Steph and Innab! EA! They aren't EA, they are employee's who have come to re-establish the series in a good name and faith. And your bashing them for titles they didn't make.

They are playing clean up crew and trying to re grow the series. You might want to do some research. Other than that, the ban was for fighting or should I say disrespecting a moderator, it's un called for, because he didn't point you out by name, but was talking about a group of post and you went off the handle.

Even I must admit, Live 07 out the box was terrible. Playmakers edits and sliders repaired the playability but the game overall.

Live 08 was just boring and honestly never really pulled me in.

Live 09, wasn't bad at all, but needed more animations and better player faces and it would have been just fine. Also the crowd running at 30fps and not a smooth 60fps like everything else. Looked even worse, but the game didn't play bad at all and was actually more sim than 2k9.

I know you want to vent and get it off your chest about your discuss at previous games, because this team isn't responsible for those games. And for them to do as much as they did with Live 09 from Live 08 in under 10 months was great. Now they have a full year with all of them on the same development schedule, hopefully Live 10 will be that game that gives this series more life.

But calm your nerves broham and stop trying to do stuff and say stupid and crazy **** to get yourself banned, no sense in all the internet toughness. lol

It's suppose to be a forum of late teens and adults, trying to give positive input on the series, not run the past into the present, when they've come here for the first time the last 2 seasons to give early news and get early feedback not constant bashing.

It's one screenshot with more to come!

# 50 bateman11 @ 06/18/09 02:21 PM
When does the radio broadcast start?

# 51 23 @ 06/18/09 02:35 PM
Quote:

And if you want to ban me go for it. It makes total sense ...
Trust me, its coming

# 52 stephensonmc @ 06/18/09 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Trust me, its coming
don't ban him dude. Want to show what we're doing to people who don't have much faith.

I understand why they don't, I just want to show them.

# 53 23 @ 06/18/09 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
don't ban him dude. Want to show what we're doing to people who don't have much faith.

I understand why they don't, I just want to show them.

Per the rules on this site, two active infractions = an automatic ban from that forum for a month and a week in the cell.

I know what you mean but he violated the OS TOS against himself.

# 54 bowdown2shadi @ 06/18/09 03:08 PM
Quote:
And if you want to ban me go for it. It makes total sense to ban someone who doesn’t agree with your point of view...
Quote:
- Lastly TJdaSportsGuy,

Go f*** yourself. Everyone is entitled to their opinion constructive or not. Who the hell are you to tell me I cannot voice my frustration about getting porked by NBA LIVE for the last 3 years.

Am I signed into OperationTJdaSportsGuy.com?
No, I didn’t think so.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...5-25-09-a.html
Might want to read that

# 55 WTF @ 06/18/09 05:42 PM
I hope they have the pregame routines (i.e.- Lebron's chalk toss) from different camera angles, instead of just one angle over and over each time. This will help keep it more fresh I think.

Overall, I can see quite a bit of improvement in that one simple screenshot. Lighting looks much more true to life, and the skintone looks well beyond what they had last year. Hopefully the face textures, etc are up to par, and I believe they will be. Graphically, this game should be leaps and bounds over anything that we've seen.

Looking forward to future screens of The King.

# 56 23 @ 06/18/09 05:51 PM
Whats up WT

Will you actually have time to play this year?

# 57 WTF @ 06/18/09 05:57 PM
Eh, I should. I'm buying it, and between the soon to be wife, and job, we'll see how much I'll get to play. I doubt I'll be playing online leagues, but I'll get some PT on the PS3.

# 58 stmark @ 06/18/09 06:37 PM
the maturity on this site amazes me every day.....smh

# 59 Jamin23 @ 06/18/09 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Made your decision on buying it already?

There's a confident buyer
I'm buying it.

# 60 GSW @ 06/18/09 06:52 PM
im gettin it..360 tho

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.