Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Just captured a screenshot from NBA Live 09 and compared it to the screenshot from today's NBA Live 10 screenshot. What'cha think? Spot the differences?

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Dantecamp21 @ 06/21/09 10:24 AM
Nice post HOLLIDAY1183's . I rather read your long, well written post rather than some slang filled post full of dumb requests.

About Live 07, man...I know how that felt...

I also thought Live 07 was going to be the greatest SPORTS game ever after the totally impressive showing from Live 06. I don't even have a 360 anymore because they all crashed on my face, but I still keep my copy of NBA Live 06 (hoping that the next 360 will feature backwards compatibility).

I don't know what happened. Even the graphics took a downgrade in 07. Maybe stephensonmc being a developer can explain what causes a development cycle to be such a retrocess.

# 82 stephensonmc @ 06/21/09 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
Nice post HOLLIDAY1183's . I rather read your long, well written post rather than some slang filled post full of dumb requests.

About Live 07, man...I know how that felt...

I also thought Live 07 was going to be the greatest SPORTS game ever after the totally impressive showing from Live 06. I don't even have a 360 anymore because they all crashed on my face, but I still keep my copy of NBA Live 06 (hoping that the next 360 will feature backwards compatibility).

I don't know what happened. Even the graphics took a downgrade in 07. Maybe stephensonmc being a developer can explain what causes a development cycle to be such a retrocess.
Focus and priorities. We were using new tech and tried to run before we could walk. Remember all of that LIVE 07 footplanting stuff?

Like I said, run before we could walk.

# 83 WTF @ 06/21/09 01:33 PM
Stephenson, brother, glad to have you on board. I haven't been around a lot lately since you've been on the boards, but I have been following everything that you're doing with the community, and just want to say that I appreciate it. This is how you garner long time customers and develop a fanbase. Interaction. Mike has always been very interactive with the community, and I'm glad the rest of the team is taking an interest in the same path.

Everything is sounding great this year, and I'm glad I'll be around to talk about it. Looking forward to Friday already. I haven't had this kind of anticipation since the days of Tipoff Tuesdays when Mike first went over to the 2k series from Inside Drive.

Fast Break Fridays are back baby

Looking forward to Live this year.

# 84 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 06/21/09 04:54 PM
@ dantecamp.. hey thanks man, I hardly ever post anywhere, I just feel like when you're posting to give feedback, it's extremely pointless to make irrelevant posts arguing or advertise for the competition (lol). These guys are in here interacting with us for one reason, feedback to improve their game. I wish devs in more genres would do this more.

Plus, I'm a hardcore bball sim guy, I buy a bball game and play several franchises, go online, and play it almost exclusively for the whole season. The closer it is to the real thing (and the less things that pull you out of the realism, like weird ball physics or rim sfx) the better. I see people asking for things like throwback jerseys, when really the focus should be on gameplay period, until it's nailed.

I've played 2K to death this year, but with their decision to make the Lebrons and Kobes COMPLETELY unguardable (especially against skilled users), heck, if Live shows me that these guys can be at least limited somewhat in their game, it's almost to the point that alone will sell me on '10...

# 85 stephensonmc @ 06/21/09 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
Marcus,

So why is it after everyone proclaimed the NBA games will have foot planting that we still see sliding and teleportation into animations?

I'm starting to question if the people working on 2k and Live are serious basketball players in real life or gamers who got stuck doing sport games.

If technology exponentially gets better why at the end of the first decade do we still have lackluster showings with fluff and gimmicks?
LOL

not even getting into this one.

# 86 Dantecamp21 @ 06/21/09 10:38 PM
Marcus, now talking about a more direct request: please put the scoreboard on the bottom of the screen.

After a couple of days without playing Live 09, I played it for 8 straight hours last night and had a good time because I was able to focus on what the game does well.

The only thing I couldn't get past was the scoreboard placement. I kept changing the camera settings in vain since the scoreboard was always in front of everything, hindering the experience.

Please fix it man, such a small thing keeping our beloved game from being better than it could.

# 87 raidersbball20 @ 06/21/09 10:51 PM
sometimes you don't realize how much better things look

# 88 yankeesgiants @ 06/21/09 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
david,

If you notice the Roster Accessory Thread (in my signature) I updated the shoes a billion times throughout the season.

I know there are 3 changes during the season for most players but if we don't have a shoe, we can't change it. Budget, art in on time are the two most common occurences. I'll let Ryan Santos speak about our plans for shoes this year. I think it'll be awesome.
If it's what a proposed a few months ago in the 09 accessories thread, then it's a great thing that only makes sence. plus it makes everybodys life easier.

# 89 Behindshadows @ 06/21/09 11:46 PM
I hope they can add some type of Nike ID feature, so we can alter colors and create shoes. So when later limit edition shoes are made we can add them to the game.

It would be nice to have a shoe option added to the players edit menu too. Kind of like this.

(HOME SHOE)

(AWAY SHOE)

(ALL-STAR SHOE)

(ALTERNATE UNIFORM SHOE)

(LIMITED EDITION PLAYOFFS SHOES)

# 90 stephensonmc @ 06/21/09 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
Marcus, now talking about a more direct request: please put the scoreboard on the bottom of the screen.

After a couple of days without playing Live 09, I played it for 8 straight hours last night and had a good time because I was able to focus on what the game does well.

The only thing I couldn't get past was the scoreboard placement. I kept changing the camera settings in vain since the scoreboard was always in front of everything, hindering the experience.

Please fix it man, such a small thing keeping our beloved game from being better than it could.
the score ticker won't be a problem this year

# 91 TrailBlazersFan @ 06/22/09 12:51 AM
Not having played NBA Live 2008, or NBA 2009 the last NBA Live game i played i believe was back in NBA Live 2005 with Carmelo Anthony on the front cover for the Playstation 2. So i have alot of catching up too do on the Live series once i Buy either a Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. But having looked at the screenshot comparison's from NBA Live 09 and NBA Live 10 the lighting and player model animation of Lebron James is greater (Not that the player model animation of Lebron James in NBA Live 09 isn't great though because both comparisons are really top notch amazing looking). But what def stood out to me was the lighting effects and the crowd models in the background in the arena for this year for the screenshot of NBA Live 10.

All the little extra's in any basketball game, sure are nice and dandy. But without getting the basketball game right down to the heart of the matter and that's the game of basketball and getting the game to be as smooth and as realisitic and as real life as the game can be for every die hard NBA/NCAA/High School etc basketball junkie then all of the little extra's added as features to the game are use less if the true basketball game it's self isn't as great as it can be.

But given Live's track record in the series for so long. I'm sure NBA Live 10 will be right on point again with another great game for this year.

I can't wait to play the game and see the next gen beauty and play amongt other die hard basketball fans. But i hope to get around to playing NBA Live 09 first before NBA Live 10 is released so i can sharpen up.

# 92 cam21224 @ 06/22/09 01:14 AM
Quote:
Steph I hope you guys do it big(coming from a 2k guy). They totally pissed me off with 2k9, so much that I play Live's 09 demo more then I play 2k9.

I'm looking forward to following these blogs by you Live devs, and hopefully you blow 2k out of the water this year. They are down & lazy time to kick them while there down there.

I know you guys know what needs to be done and I look forward to being able to come back to being a Live gamer very soon.

BTW Screenshot looks nice, excellent ritual.

# 93 Dantecamp21 @ 06/22/09 06:43 AM
Thanks man!

# 94 Muzyk23 @ 06/22/09 07:31 AM
Quote:
nice..it was sometimes difficult to shoot 3 from the top corner (press box)

# 95 lindo9595 @ 06/22/09 03:15 PM
[quote=FadeEmAll;2039736093]Not only do both shots look similar with very few differences. These cutscenes don't mean anything about how the game will actually look. Hopefully they will improve those stick men bodies and ridiculous faces. The face on Darko Milicic is a horrible representation.

Are you joking me. Ridiculous faces. Have you seen 2k's faces. Especially Andrew Bynum. Look at this comparison of allen iverson in nba live 09 and nba 2k9. Live's looks way more realistic than 2k's.
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4827/iversoncm4.jpg

# 96 thmst30 @ 06/22/09 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Not only do both shots look similar with very few differences. These cutscenes don't mean anything about how the game will actually look. Hopefully they will improve those stick men bodies and ridiculous faces. The face on Darko Milicic is a horrible representation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindo9595
Are you joking me. Ridiculous faces. Have you seen 2k's faces. Especially Andrew Bynum. Look at this comparison of allen iverson in nba live 09 and nba 2k9. Live's looks way more realistic than 2k's.
Face comparisons have been covered many times by many sites/people. Also stop the EA vs 2K crap.

# 97 bowdown2shadi @ 06/22/09 03:26 PM
[quote=lindo9595;2039737358]
Quote:
Not only do both shots look similar with very few differences. These cutscenes don't mean anything about how the game will actually look. Hopefully they will improve those stick men bodies and ridiculous faces. The face on Darko Milicic is a horrible representation.

Most Live faces are hit or miss really. Same with 2k, but I think 2k 'hit' more players then Live 09 did.

I dont want to turn this into a Live vs 2k thread so I'll stop there.

# 98 lindo9595 @ 06/22/09 03:42 PM
[quote=bowdown2shadi;2039737413]
Quote:
Most Live faces are hit or miss really. Same with 2k, but I think 2k 'hit' more players then Live 09 did.

I dont want to turn this into a Live vs 2k thread so I'll stop there.
O whatever i still think live 10 is going to kill 2k10 this year in everything.

# 99 thmst30 @ 06/22/09 04:08 PM
Quote:
O whatever i still think live 10 is going to kill 2k10 this year in everything.
You're entitled to your opinion.

# 100 thmst30 @ 06/22/09 04:32 PM
Quote:
Yeah everything on this site has been covered somewhere else so I don't know why you would make a statement about it. As far as the EA vs. 2K crap I never mentioned 2K at all, so I hope you weren't addressing me. My quote centered on the screen shot and NBA Live period.
No the quotes got screwed up somehow and you got quoted along with lindo. I brought up the face comparisons elsewhere because every single place I saw that done 2K was declared the winner. It was my response to his post, but I didn't want to keep the 2K vs EA stuff going so I just said it's been covered. However both games have some hideous faces, and could use some serious work.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.