Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Just captured a screenshot from NBA Live 09 and compared it to the screenshot from today's NBA Live 10 screenshot. What'cha think? Spot the differences?

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Dantecamp21 @ 06/22/09 08:01 PM
Marcus, last night I was playing Live 09 with the FIBA teams and noticed that the players on the US squad donīt have their tatoos. Oddly enough, only Kobe had his. One more thing: the players form the FIBA teams canīt be edited. Little stuff, just felt it was worth mentioning. Please take it to the rest of the devs.

# 102 stephensonmc @ 06/22/09 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
Marcus, last night I was playing Live 09 with the FIBA teams and noticed that the players on the US squad donīt have their tatoos. Oddly enough, only Kobe had his. One more thing: the players form the FIBA teams canīt be edited. Little stuff, just felt it was worth mentioning. Please take it to the rest of the devs.
FIBA can't be edited based on FIBA's guidelines and regulations.

# 103 heat3me @ 06/22/09 11:22 PM
im sorry to botha ya but when are the next video/pics coming

# 104 thesniper321 @ 06/23/09 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heat3me
im sorry to botha ya but when are the next video/pics coming
friday. Why?

# 105 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 06/23/09 02:44 PM
I see a lot of you saying things I completely agree on, things like "2K really pissed me off with 2K9" or generally saying 2K dropped the ball a bit this year, or that they were Live players at some point years ago. This is why I think 2010 is going to be a moment of truth for both 2K and EA, and it's exciting.

Coupla things though I just noticed, after playing 09 and 2K9.... you guys REALLY need to jam in as many sig shots as possible. Really. Because playing 2K9, even with a lot of them not perfect, the variety and feel of the game is brought up so many notches by seeing everyone, even some of the scrubs, with sig shots. Even if ya'll have to just include tons in the edit player feature, and let us change them (like 2K), that will be good.

Also, sig movement too... While 2K9 pisses me off with how they take control away from us with all these animations, there are times when it just looks sweet as heck to see that TMac has the lazy stutter step, but AI has the over the top And 1 mixtape crossover. It just brings you into the game so much more. You guys really need to just overdo it with animations, but PLEASE let us break out of them if we want.

The way the ball interacts with the rim is really a lot bigger factor than you might think. I had my girlfriend watching me playing them last night (she's actually kinda into these games lol) and that was one of the things she instantly picked out ("Dave, why does the ball bounce on the rim like that, it's weird?"...or "it doesn't really look like it's going into the basket like in the other game"). 2K has nailed this, so it's not really noticeable--but it's GLARING when it's not done right.

One other thing that will guarantee you my $60 (along with a way to defend superstars) and banish 2K from my Xbox forever, is the "ball-you-man" principle being applied in the game. I've played organized bball from rec league to D2 college, and the first thing we went over in practice even at the rec league level was "ball-you-man", meaning that if the ballhandler is on the left side and my man is on the weak side, as a defender I am in help side. The closer the ball to me, the closer I am to my man. I know ya'll who play and watch bball know this, so I can't for the life of me understand why a NBA game dev would not. 2K has really f#@$@ up this year. I have the ball on the left wing with Kobe and Fisher is standing in the right corner, his man glued to him. I drive, his man stays GLUED TO HIM. WTF. As a player this stands out to me immediately and the game has felt broken all year because of it. If you guys have this in your game properly, it's bye-bye 2K.

lol my bad for another rant, lol. But I feel like it's worthy constructive feedback

# 106 Dantecamp21 @ 06/23/09 04:35 PM
Following HOLLIDAY1183's comments, I just think 2K has provided the more "organic" experience out of the two games over the years.

I think the main thing for Live is to get the "robotic" feel out of the game and concentrate its efforts on animations but keeping the control of the game in the hands of the users, like stated above.

I know it's a long shot by now, but I think you guys should take a long hard look at NBA Street Homecourt (in my humble opinion, a digital masterpiece) and check those awesome animations and how they blend into the gameplay elements without breaking the experience. Since we're talking about in-house technology, I believe it's a valid research.

I know Ryan Santos worked on that game and he's now working at Live 10 too. So, from an art standpoint, I believe everything is set.

Please Marcus, tell us the animations are being a big focus on this development cycle.

# 107 krazyboy225 @ 06/23/09 06:42 PM
Attachment 17866

i loved this pic so much i made mine

# 108 krazyboy225 @ 06/23/09 07:52 PM

# 109 krazyboy225 @ 06/23/09 09:13 PM
did anyone notice the differential in skin tone in live 09 and 10.... in live 09 its kinda like a pale brown...while in 10 its more of a real looking skin tone

# 110 FearlessKaz @ 06/26/09 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
did anyone notice the differential in skin tone in live 09 and 10.... in live 09 its kinda like a pale brown...while in 10 its more of a real looking skin tone
I think it has a lot to do with the way the lighting reflects off the player models in Live '10. It definitely looks more natural.

# 111 krazyboy225 @ 06/26/09 07:06 PM
probably

# 112 Gabeking17 @ 06/29/09 03:03 PM
I honestly don't see that much of a difference... 10 may be a bit brighter.

# 113 Moegames @ 07/05/09 01:19 AM
Well im a graphic's whore, im pretty aware of all the latest techniques being used in the latest games...i can definitely see a improvement from 09 to 10, mostly the lighting but also textures have been spiced up..not like 09 looked ugly..i thought 09 was as good as 2k9, in some cases better but 10 looks better..its amazing what some lighting improvements can do for realism of the player models...the color pallet seems more realistic too although its kinda hard to judge all this from one screenie.

Im looking forward to Live 2010, i still enjoy Live 09...i thought and still feel Live 09 is a decent playing game and much more freshing to me then the 2k series..dont get me wrong...2k has a pretty solid bball game..the problem is..i think VC has been milking it a tad too much the past recent years ...its time for them to step it up because the Live dev team is about to surpass them ...

I just hope the LIVE team understands the importance of Atmosphere and Presentation...to me, its one of the biggest things sports game developers fail to put as priority when in all honestly... Atmopshere/Presentation for ANY sports game should be top priority ..atleast up there with quality game play... its what keeps the gamer pumped and excited while playing...you can have a solid playing game but if there is no "soul" and no "life" in the game..its gonna get boring regardless how good of gameplay it may have... Madden 2010 finally saw the light this year...after a handful of us pressured the Madden dev team to add some "soul" and "life" into madden they listend and understood our point of view and improved the atmosphere/presentation 10fold for Madden10 this year... boy its amazing how much different madden 2010 feels just beceause of that one improvement... hopefully the "LIVE" team see's the light as well...

# 114 23bluesman @ 07/05/09 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Well im a graphic's whore, im pretty aware of all the latest techniques being used in the latest games...i can definitely see a improvement from 09 to 10, mostly the lighting but also textures have been spiced up..not like 09 looked ugly..i thought 09 was as good as 2k9, in some cases better but 10 looks better..its amazing what some lighting improvements can do for realism of the player models...the color pallet seems more realistic too although its kinda hard to judge all this from one screenie.

Im looking forward to Live 2010, i still enjoy Live 09...i thought and still feel Live 09 is a decent playing game and much more freshing to me then the 2k series..dont get me wrong...2k has a pretty solid bball game..the problem is..i think VC has been milking it a tad too much the past recent years ...its time for them to step it up because the Live dev team is about to surpass them ...

I just hope the LIVE team understands the importance of Atmosphere and Presentation...to me, its one of the biggest things sports game developers fail to put as priority when in all honestly... Atmopshere/Presentation for ANY sports game should be top priority ..atleast up there with quality game play... its what keeps the gamer pumped and excited while playing...you can have a solid playing game but if there is no "soul" and no "life" in the game..its gonna get boring regardless how good of gameplay it may have... Madden 2010 finally saw the light this year...after a handful of us pressured the Madden dev team to add some "soul" and "life" into madden they listend and understood our point of view and improved the atmosphere/presentation 10fold for Madden10 this year... boy its amazing how much different madden 2010 feels just beceause of that one improvement... hopefully the "LIVE" team see's the light as well...
Great post, totally agree!

# 115 MeloFan @ 07/14/09 03:30 PM
Is It Me Or Does Lebrons Jersey In Live 10 Look Paper Thin Like The 2k Jerseys...I Hope Not Cuz I Hate The 2k Jerseys

# 116 lindo9595 @ 07/14/09 04:10 PM
It's a work in progress screenshot so you can't judge it just yet until they give us the finished ones.

# 117 MeloFan @ 07/15/09 05:30 AM
True...

# 118 MeloFan @ 07/15/09 06:28 PM
Is it me or does the LeBron '09 pic make him look a lil sweaty but hella ashy at the same time?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.