Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Here is a new NCAA Football 10 video that features some adjusted sliders. More specifically, AA, Pass Blocking 0, Break Block 100. I'm going to try and grab a user vs. AI clip before bed.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 rudyjuly2 @ 06/18/09 06:35 AM
Broken sliders is a game killer for me. Steve just posted a human vs. AI video with the same thing. With run blocking at 100, Georgia Tech (which was one of the best rushing teams last year and ran it all over Georgia) sucked at running the ball. Seriously, does every EA developer want perfect pass protection and be able to easily stuff the run? Can't you fix the sliders so we can create a realistic football unlike the one you put on the disc? Absolute fail and I won't be buying this game unless it's patched. I'm done with NCAA 10 until then.

# 102 callmetaternuts @ 06/18/09 09:12 AM
These decisions are just unbelievable. Sliders not being effective completely amgnify some of the broken issues. If the pass rush was neutered on default AA, but we could enhance it via sliders, I could live with it. But the fact that portions of the game still play the same wonky way as last year, and WE CANT CHANGE THEM, is just ridiculous.

Sliders were broken last year, they were (supposedly) fixed in the patch, now we are back to the same place? I'm holding out hope that they actually do work and for some reason, this is just a goof up.

But some of the other issues, the way the CPU QB wont take a sack, the lack of pass rush, the fact that you can bring 6 guys and have it picked up EVERY SINGLE TIME is infuriating. I play 95% User vs CPU in offline dynasty. I play a sim game, on Heisman, no money plays, run the ball, set up the pass, play real D, blitz as needed. I usually get 5+ seasons in to my dynasty. Last year, I made it 1.5 because it go so old. I could score on every other play it seemed. Playing defense wasnt fun. I just super simmed it becuase all i did was call zone and hope that my D shut them down. I couldnt get pressure, man defense was broken, so why even bother.

Now, its not fixed for this years game (the pass rush). At this point we have to accept it. Its obviously a very clear gameplay decision that was made. How else can you explain it being left out in 3 different occassions (09, patch 09 and 10)? This is the way they want the series to play out.

Now some people might say, "They can still patch it this year". IF they fix it in a patch, that will be a welcome addition, but why wait until then? This was a known issue with the game and the community. Patches should only be used to fix huge bugs, not to add features because they were busy adding game fluff.

Just unbelievable. We saw what happened to Ortiz and team as they focused on the fluff (ring builder), what happens here? The game has to take a DRASTICALLY different approach in years moving forward, thats obvious.

# 103 callmetaternuts @ 06/18/09 09:17 AM
I want to add, that they did fix some of the big issues that plagued the AI. The QB Read play hasnt been called by slow QB's (yet). It's a shame because they made such great progress in other areas, but some areas that are clearly broken werent touched.

It's great to see some of the screwed up items being fixed, its nice to see the CPU go deep and kudos on fixing that, but why were some issues addressed and others, which were known a year ago, not addressed?

# 104 greenegt @ 06/18/09 09:42 AM
Damn, damn, damn. I was pumped for the game until this issue popped up. I'm quickly sliding off the fence into the "no buy" zone. I won't completely give up on it until we get user impressions and see what the inevitable patch does, but as of now, I can't buy this on day one.

# 105 youALREADYknow @ 06/18/09 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Broken sliders is a game killer for me. Steve just posted a human vs. AI video with the same thing. With run blocking at 100, Georgia Tech (which was one of the best rushing teams last year and ran it all over Georgia) sucked at running the ball. Seriously, does every EA developer want perfect pass protection and be able to easily stuff the run? Can't you fix the sliders so we can create a realistic football unlike the one you put on the disc? Absolute fail and I won't be buying this game unless it's patched. I'm done with NCAA 10 until then.
After not buying NCAA for 3 years and purchasing NCAA 09, I have absolutely no problem keeping my $60 this year.

Not playing NCAA 09 for 2 months has given me some perspective on the game's issues. None of the serious non-bug related issues that plagued NCAA 09 for me are fixed in NCAA 10.

I can't see any reason for me to purchase this game. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Once it was announced that sliders were the same as NCAA 09, it was the nail in the coffin. These videos honestly did nothing to sway me either way because "They are who we thought they were".

I might buy Madden this year just to show some support to a team of developers who actually sees the bigger picture in sports video games. Madden is also far from perfect, but you can tell a lot of sweat and hard work went into the product.

# 106 Jackdog @ 06/18/09 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamf30
Hey KingVMSU, 9 wins- it sucks- and TWO straight bowls... WOW... That is impressive.... WAIT no it isnt hahahaha.... Try Some SEC teams: Florida, LSU, Bama... THOSE ARE IMPRESSIVE TEAMS BUD...

Keep the discussions about the game & sliders.

# 107 Brandwin @ 06/18/09 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
QFT.

You can have it both ways.

Little Timmy or Joe "I don't know a damn thing about football" Shmoe can still pop the game in on default settings and get their 8 TDs a game with no punts on 5 minute quarters.

But if you give us sliders that work and VASTLY improved CPU AI on the higher difficulty settings...we "sim" guys can have an experience as close to a real college football game as a video game can get.

But they keep dropping the ball.

They keep showing a severely skewed interest in catering mainly to the casual "arcade" crowd and much less to us sim guys.

See "Season Showdown"....an absolutely useless feature in the ACTUAL game. It doesn't affect anything in the actual game..and yet this is a huge addition that is plastered all over 3 blogs by EA and is constantly brought up in interviews.

By that same token...an absolutely essential aspect of football...a pass rush...is still left unattended.

Even after 365 days of screaming at the top of our collective lungs to fix it...dear lord...FIX IT.

They don't.

"Then at least give us more and effective sliders to make the game play more realistically."

They don't.

This isn't an exaggeration...we have someone with the game, posting visual EVIDENCE that neither of these near "game killing" (yes I used the phrase) issues have truly been fixed. Not one bit.

Again...I am completely flabbergasted and very upset about this.

And to top it all off...we were lied to about these aspects getting a major overhaul.

Again...a picture is worth a thousand words. 10 videos are worth a million words.

How can you give us sliders that don't work?

# 108 umd @ 06/18/09 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf

How can you give us sliders that don't work?
The better question is: how can you do that 2 YEARS in a row?

# 109 mjussawalla @ 06/19/09 12:03 AM
I read they will patch sliders. true? tx

# 110 wcollins @ 06/19/09 02:21 AM
do they have new helmets in this game

# 111 mwjr @ 06/19/09 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
The NCAA developers need to be tied to a chair with their eyelids taped open ala A Clockwork Orange and watch JUST the OL/DL interaction on All Pro Football 2k8 and NFL 2k5.

I just played a game and forgot how incredible the line play is in that game. A true pocket, DEs that get UPFIELD and speed rush around the OT for sacks in a realistic manner, DTs that get push....

I love the NCAA series, but good lord...a game that is 5 years old is light years ahead in this one particular part of football than EA's college game is.
well said.

And I'm laughing like hell at the 'Clockwork Orange' reference.

# 112 sugarman73 @ 06/23/09 02:33 PM
wuts a slider?

# 113 sugarman73 @ 06/23/09 02:46 PM
what is a slider? and i love the equipment. 'specially the revolution helmets.
what r u guys' fav. team(s)?

# 114 mjussawalla @ 06/23/09 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarman73
what is a slider? and i love the equipment. 'specially the revolution helmets.
what r u guys' fav. team(s)?
Sliders are supposed to allow you to change various attributes of the game play. For example, you can increase/decrease how well the CPU/Human blocks/runs/kicks/passes, etc.

# 115 lionsfan715 @ 06/23/09 05:13 PM
wow what to drop the ball, you guys make me sick

# 116 sugarman73 @ 06/25/09 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Sliders are supposed to allow you to change various attributes of the game play. For example, you can increase/decrease how well the CPU/Human blocks/runs/kicks/passes, etc.
so like on madden nfl superstar?

# 117 rudyjuly2 @ 06/25/09 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarman73
so like on madden nfl superstar?
There is an entire sub forum dedicated to sliders for every sports game on OS. Just visit one to see what people are talking about and the adjustments you can make.

The thing that's annoying is that EA invented sliders. I'm pretty sure they were the first company to allow us to fine-tune the games and this was over 10 years ago. The fact they are dropping the ball now is strange and disappointing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.