Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

NCAA FOOTBALL 10 DEMO AVAILABLE TODAY

Fans Awaiting the Release of NCAA Football 10
Create Over 80,000 Custom Teams via TeamBuilder

June 18, 2009 –Electronic Arts is proud to announce that the demo of NCAA Football 10 is available today for Xbox 360 and PS3. Fans who download the free demo will experience all-new gameplay features including:
  • Defensive Keys—Prior to the snap during the pre-play, hold the left trigger while pressing the analog stick in the direction you think will stop the run. If you think the offense will pass the ball, press upward. Or, you can press the icon associated with a receiver (X, Y, A, B, LB, RB) to spotlight that individual. This will focus the defense on making sure that the chosen offensive player does not make a play.
  • Defensive Player Assist—By holding A (on 360) or X (on PS3) on defense your player will be put under CPU control so you have time to read a play and decide the best course of action.
  • Enhanced Defensive Lineman Moves—With new animations, take control of your defensive linemen using the right stick to fight pass blocks and put pressure on the quarterback.
  • Gameplanning—There are six defensive and five offensive individual game planning options, or you can globally set your offense and defense. Each option changes the way your team will perform. For example, be aggressive and try and strip the ball every time and you run the risk of getting more facemask penalties.
  • Player Lock—Player lock allows you to lock on to a specific player in order to control that position during the play. When you lock on you'll get a whole new camera angle that puts you closer to the action.
  • Set Up Plays—Set up plays allows you to run one play in order to set up another. When picking a play, you will notice that some plays have a chain link between them, which indicates that one play can set up the other. Every time you use one particular play throughout the game, you are setting up for the play that is chain linked to it. Once the play is 100% set up (as shown in your playbook), the defense is at its highest likelihood to fall for that play action.
  • 1000 new animations like throw out of a sack, new shotgun snaps/hand-offs, WR/DB interactions, tackles, double team run blocks, catches, broken tackles, and slipping in bad weather.
In anticipation of the release of NCAA Football 10, thousands of fans have logged on to teambuilder.easports.com to create custom teams that can be shared and used in-game when the full product launches on July 14th. One of the year’s most highly anticipated video game features, TeamBuilder was announced and went live at E3 and has been a huge hit with fans ever since, generating over 80,000 user-created teams to date.

TeamBuilder is an all-new, online create-a-school feature that revolutionizes the user’s ability to produce personalized content for NCAA Football 10. With the capability to upload logos and numerous customization options for uniforms, fields, rosters, and much more, TeamBuilder gives users the opportunity to design completely original teams with infinite possibilities. Plus, preloaded logos for several Football Championship Subdivision schools will allow users to add more teams to NCAA Football 10. With its intuitively designed online database that is searchable across several fields, TeamBuilder allows users to share their unique, customized content with ease. A football fan’s dream, TeamBuilder will enable users to experience the excitement and pageantry of college football, defined by their own personalized creations.

The original packaging of NCAA Football 10 will contain a code that unlocks 12 TeamBuilder slots, allowing users to save up to 12 created teams to the console hard drive. Those who pre-order NCAA Football 10 prior to the July 14th in store date will receive a code for an additional 13 slots, allowing them to save 25 created teams directly to the console hard drive.

When the full NCAA Football 10 product hits stores on July 14th, the all-new Season Showdown mode will bring the excitement of college football to fans across the nation like never before. In this new mode, every game counts as fans declare their loyalty to a favorite school and give the ultimate show of support in a nationwide competition for pride. After choosing a school to represent, players will earn credits in-game through head-to-head online matchups and single player modes. Credits not only accumulate in-game but players can also earn credits for their school via new web-based games. Millions of college football fans around the country will be on a mission to prove their school is number one with NCAA Football 10’s Season Showdown.

With all 120 Football Bowl Subdivision schools represented in the game, NCAA Football 10 offers fans an exciting way to experience the thrill of authentic college football year-round. NCAA Football 10 brings the college football atmosphere to life with enhanced stadiums packed with school colors, cheerleaders and mascots. Enjoy the sights of game day with new field goal nets, flags waving in the wind and camera flashes exploding during pivotal moments.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, NCAA Football 10 will be available for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system, the PlayStation2 and PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment systems and the PSP (PlayStationPortable). NCAA Football 10 has been rated “E” for everyone by the ESRB.

For more information, please visit www.ncaafootball10.com.

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 greenegt @ 06/18/09 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Overall, I feel pretty good with what I've seen in the demo thus far. I was ready to not buy the game last night, but now I'm excited for release day. Here is what I would say about the whole pass rush thing. Right now, it does look a little bit underpowered. Now, I think people need to remember that with a 4 man rush, the QB should still have a lot of time to pass a good amount of the time. There are a few too many plays where the QB has 6+ seconds to pass, but I also saw a couple where you got fairly instantaneous pressure, particularly if you either looped the defensive line, or had some sort of play that had a defensive line stunt. Given that the coverage is much better, the QB having slightly too much time to sit in the pocket on non-blitzing plays is a workable flaw.

But, you can't scramble on it very easily, and you only seem to have too much time if you actually sit in the pocket, which bodes well for online play. If you drop back a little too far, or roll too much to one side, then the pressure gets there a lot faster. Keep this in mind from a defensive standpoint, because if you come with stunts or slants that force the QB to move, you can get a lot better pressure than the default 4 man rush does.

Also, if you blitz, the pressure gets there pretty damn fast.

Overall, I think it works pretty well, at least for human vs human games. It could be tweaked a little bit, but it's not the disaster that it looked like (at least as far as I'm concerned).
This is encouraging. I don't need the game to be perfect, but I don't want any glaring problems, either. If the pass rush is workable, I'll be happy. Looking forward to trying it out, later. This game is making me bipolar

# 102 rufusone @ 06/18/09 10:22 AM
Guys, any robo QB seen?

# 103 Maximus205 @ 06/18/09 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
thats encouraging news. I was afraid that well set up plays would become money plays.
The more I play the less I want to try to setup plays. Maybe because there isnt enough time.
GLITCH ALERT: Florida drove down the field with time expiring to the 5 yrd line. Time stops to move the chains but when the chains are set the game clock doesn't start. Florida even waited til the play clock hit 2 to snap the ball. They are down by 7 also.

# 104 Icebergz @ 06/18/09 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
TD celebrations/atmosphere still suck.

Your teammates actually run away from you after you score.
+1....my players were just sleepwalking to nowhere in particular.

# 105 guitar4468 @ 06/18/09 10:43 AM
I had a couple of missed throws, like bad, not like last years where they were always on target and if it was missed it was barely. Hopefully the QB comp % is down so that way there isnt a score every min or so.

# 106 SageInfinite @ 06/18/09 10:49 AM
I really like this demo so far. It just upsets how much better this game would've been with out the lazy presentation effort. I really like the feel of the game though.

# 107 BroMontana82 @ 06/18/09 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
wait sliders don't work again? you gotta be kidding me.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...liders-15.html

see this thread

# 108 Vince @ 06/18/09 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
unbelievable...

# 109 DGuinta1 @ 06/18/09 10:57 AM
I like the speed of the running. Kinda feels like he's running though of course the animations needs some tweaking.

# 110 Lodeus @ 06/18/09 11:02 AM
Is it worth getting a gold subscription I don't really need.

# 111 dawgs18 @ 06/18/09 11:02 AM
-I like the choice of changing uni.
-The band opens with NCAA DEMO...funny
-You set up your gameplay strategy before kickoff.
-It seems really dark visually.
-Playing on heisman I got pressure from DE's and got sacked first play. Seems to be good pressure on me as I pass. Not a lot of time in pocket.
-Just had that ball warp past my WR into defender for INT. Should have been caught on a slant but the ball curved around me. :-(
-Had an injury and choice to bench or play. I played him.
-Threw a long bomb to score a TD. It was a out and up with man coverage and no safety help.
-After half time you do the strategy again.
-A lot of little injuries.
-The defensive switch camera is cool. Bad thing is no switching during play so if your not involved you hope that your CPU teamates get the job done.
-The CPU AI QB panics too much. A little bit of pressure and it's guning the ball. Had some misfires from Bradford. Nice to see.
-The tackling bothers me. I see too many tackles that the defender just grabs the offensive guy twirls and throws him down.
-Nice to see smart routes are in.
-I hate when the players morph thru the stands. Wish they had collision detection on that.
-Overall I give it a 7.5 outta 10. I liked 09 and had fun with it. This seems to be the same with some upgrades. T

# 112 Gossennator @ 06/18/09 11:02 AM
I got a chance to play one game this morning and nothing really jumped out at me that said NCAA 10, more of NCAA 9.5. Some new tackle animations are really unrealistic and awkward looking, and the same thing goes for juking. I did like the QB animations a lot though..the high snaps, the PA step forward (Tebow), and you can actually throw the ball before getting hit this year. I did player lock on MLB, and DE, this works best for DL I think and the pass rush is a lot easier than it was in 09.

Presentation is seriously lacking though, bands before the game is a nice touch but it wasnt the whole presentation package I was looking for.

# 113 DGuinta1 @ 06/18/09 11:05 AM
^^^^^^ Agree with the tackling as well. Grab guys and just throwing em down and haven't noticed too many gang tackles.

# 114 jp7588 @ 06/18/09 11:06 AM
-I can't seem to get much pressure at all on Tebow. 4-man rush, 5-man rush, 6-man rush doesn't seem to matter. The AI does pressure me sometimes.

-Tebow went 16-19. Incompletions were a screen pass thrown at an o-lineman's back, an interception, and one of their wr's got hit as he caught it and dropped it.

-3rd and goal Florida from the 7. Tebow runs a dive, QB slides as he gets to the LOS wtf?!?!

I lost 13-7

I played another game as Florida. Only one noteworthy part of that game. Tebow went out for the game on the first drive. I felt like I had way too easy a time moving the ball with their backup. I won that game 24-7. I don't know how good QB #12 is.

# 115 J-Unit40 @ 06/18/09 11:09 AM
FYI - Some of the over-the-top tackling animations that are seen in the demo are not in the final build - according to Adam from EA.

# 116 coogrfan @ 06/18/09 11:09 AM
Damn. Stuck at work, so I won't be able to download this until tonight.

Are the gameplanning elements present in the demo? If so, what are your thoughts? I would also be interested in impressions from anyone who has played head to head.

Thanks.

# 117 seasprite @ 06/18/09 11:10 AM
I think #12 is Newton, and I think he is pretty good

# 118 DGuinta1 @ 06/18/09 11:11 AM
Player lock is pretty fun. Cool when trying to block a kick.

# 119 AC IS ART @ 06/18/09 11:12 AM
My 360 RROD...Now I have to wait for PSN...

# 120 ijgator @ 06/18/09 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
-I can't seem to get much pressure at all on Tebow. 4-man rush, 5-man rush, 6-man rush doesn't seem to matter. The AI does pressure me sometimes.

-Tebow went 16-19. Incompletions were a screen pass thrown at an o-lineman's back, an interception, and one of their wr's got hit as he caught it and dropped it.

-3rd and goal Florida from the 7. Tebow runs a dive, QB slides as he gets to the LOS wtf?!?!

I lost 13-7

I played another game as Florida. Only one noteworthy part of that game. Tebow went out for the game on the first drive. I felt like I had way too easy a time moving the ball with their backup. I won that game 24-7. I don't know how good QB #12 is.
#12 is John Brantley. He is a pretty big prospect. He had a great spring game but his only game experience is in garbage time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.