Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

NCAA FOOTBALL 10 DEMO AVAILABLE TODAY

Fans Awaiting the Release of NCAA Football 10
Create Over 80,000 Custom Teams via TeamBuilder

June 18, 2009 –Electronic Arts is proud to announce that the demo of NCAA Football 10 is available today for Xbox 360 and PS3. Fans who download the free demo will experience all-new gameplay features including:
  • Defensive Keys—Prior to the snap during the pre-play, hold the left trigger while pressing the analog stick in the direction you think will stop the run. If you think the offense will pass the ball, press upward. Or, you can press the icon associated with a receiver (X, Y, A, B, LB, RB) to spotlight that individual. This will focus the defense on making sure that the chosen offensive player does not make a play.
  • Defensive Player Assist—By holding A (on 360) or X (on PS3) on defense your player will be put under CPU control so you have time to read a play and decide the best course of action.
  • Enhanced Defensive Lineman Moves—With new animations, take control of your defensive linemen using the right stick to fight pass blocks and put pressure on the quarterback.
  • Gameplanning—There are six defensive and five offensive individual game planning options, or you can globally set your offense and defense. Each option changes the way your team will perform. For example, be aggressive and try and strip the ball every time and you run the risk of getting more facemask penalties.
  • Player Lock—Player lock allows you to lock on to a specific player in order to control that position during the play. When you lock on you'll get a whole new camera angle that puts you closer to the action.
  • Set Up Plays—Set up plays allows you to run one play in order to set up another. When picking a play, you will notice that some plays have a chain link between them, which indicates that one play can set up the other. Every time you use one particular play throughout the game, you are setting up for the play that is chain linked to it. Once the play is 100% set up (as shown in your playbook), the defense is at its highest likelihood to fall for that play action.
  • 1000 new animations like throw out of a sack, new shotgun snaps/hand-offs, WR/DB interactions, tackles, double team run blocks, catches, broken tackles, and slipping in bad weather.
In anticipation of the release of NCAA Football 10, thousands of fans have logged on to teambuilder.easports.com to create custom teams that can be shared and used in-game when the full product launches on July 14th. One of the year’s most highly anticipated video game features, TeamBuilder was announced and went live at E3 and has been a huge hit with fans ever since, generating over 80,000 user-created teams to date.

TeamBuilder is an all-new, online create-a-school feature that revolutionizes the user’s ability to produce personalized content for NCAA Football 10. With the capability to upload logos and numerous customization options for uniforms, fields, rosters, and much more, TeamBuilder gives users the opportunity to design completely original teams with infinite possibilities. Plus, preloaded logos for several Football Championship Subdivision schools will allow users to add more teams to NCAA Football 10. With its intuitively designed online database that is searchable across several fields, TeamBuilder allows users to share their unique, customized content with ease. A football fan’s dream, TeamBuilder will enable users to experience the excitement and pageantry of college football, defined by their own personalized creations.

The original packaging of NCAA Football 10 will contain a code that unlocks 12 TeamBuilder slots, allowing users to save up to 12 created teams to the console hard drive. Those who pre-order NCAA Football 10 prior to the July 14th in store date will receive a code for an additional 13 slots, allowing them to save 25 created teams directly to the console hard drive.

When the full NCAA Football 10 product hits stores on July 14th, the all-new Season Showdown mode will bring the excitement of college football to fans across the nation like never before. In this new mode, every game counts as fans declare their loyalty to a favorite school and give the ultimate show of support in a nationwide competition for pride. After choosing a school to represent, players will earn credits in-game through head-to-head online matchups and single player modes. Credits not only accumulate in-game but players can also earn credits for their school via new web-based games. Millions of college football fans around the country will be on a mission to prove their school is number one with NCAA Football 10’s Season Showdown.

With all 120 Football Bowl Subdivision schools represented in the game, NCAA Football 10 offers fans an exciting way to experience the thrill of authentic college football year-round. NCAA Football 10 brings the college football atmosphere to life with enhanced stadiums packed with school colors, cheerleaders and mascots. Enjoy the sights of game day with new field goal nets, flags waving in the wind and camera flashes exploding during pivotal moments.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, NCAA Football 10 will be available for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system, the PlayStation2 and PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment systems and the PSP (PlayStationPortable). NCAA Football 10 has been rated “E” for everyone by the ESRB.

For more information, please visit www.ncaafootball10.com.

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Solidice @ 06/18/09 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
How is CPU play calling?
seems better, the CPU is able to move the ball on me. when I was UF, Bradford has yet to run the speed option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
How is the CPU QB Play?
also better, the CPU QB has yet to throw a pick for me. I would guess their competion % is probably around 60%, but there is no way to tell as the demo doesn't have a way to see stats, unless it pops up as a stats banner in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Have you seen many bad throws?
I've seen a lot. by me and the CPU. also the new wrap swat also creates incompletions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Is USER passing? too easy/hard or just right?
tough to say right now, it's seems different than '09(I played '09 yesterday to compare) the lead passing controls seems slightly more sensitive to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
How is CPU DL pressure?
with a blitz I've been able to get to the QB within reasonable time. better than some of the videos I've seen. from a 4 man rush, it doesn't look that great unless you control a DL/DE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
How is CPU run game?
better, but not sure if by how much. need more playing time. wished the demo had more time per quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
How is kickoff/punt returns? too easy/hard or just right?
on varsity, it's easy. AA/Heisman. not so much for me so far. I would say it's still on the easy side though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Are you seeing the CPU go deep more often? not s much?
I've had the CPU throw deep on me a few times. already more than '09.

# 142 DGuinta1 @ 06/18/09 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Mirrors?? lol
Didn't literally mean tubes.

# 143 bipolar @ 06/18/09 11:37 AM
ok so from reading the posts I saw a couple saying about graphics/display problems

what exactly are the issues and how bad are they?

# 144 justblaze09 @ 06/18/09 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I'm going to go download the demo in a minute..

I'll post my reactions shortly.
I had to, just couldn't resist

I'm glad I'm at work though instead of wasting the last summer before college at the crib, or I would have broke my PS3 waiting for PSN to put the demo up

# 145 seasprite @ 06/18/09 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Didn't literally mean tubes.
Maybe you didnt get what I was saying, refer to the slogan for DLP tvs and you will have your answer

# 146 DGuinta1 @ 06/18/09 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolar
ok so from reading the posts I saw a couple saying about graphics/display problems

what exactly are the issues and how bad are they?
Not bad some jaggies on the cheerleaders but that's probably my TV and probably have to tweak some settings. And as I stated had to turn the brightness up a little.

# 147 DGuinta1 @ 06/18/09 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Maybe you didnt get what I was saying, refer to the slogan for DLP tvs and you will have your answer
ahh gotcha.

# 148 seasprite @ 06/18/09 11:41 AM

# 149 WolverinesFinest @ 06/18/09 11:41 AM
Before I start note that Ive only played 2 quarters of the demo thus far.
From this little amount of time I came away pleased with what I saw. On the first play I did a screen to jeff demps and scored from 65 yards out and then I expected the game to be just like 09 and have wiiiiiiiiide open style. In my next drives (i was just screwing around doing random plays to test out the links and qb choice type stuff) it seemed harder to move the ball than it did on 09. I love some of the tackle animations, the lob ball is fantastic and you can actually work the fade a little bit now! Offensivly, I didn't like the handoff exchange on the qb choice because it seemed that tebow would be stuck in mud for a half a sec and then run. Also for the people that say the game plays too fast, how? It seemed ok to me and I thought brandon james seemed to slow when I had on kickoffs haha.
Defensively, I just used player lock to test it out and didn't think it was too great when I was the nickel corner. I bet it will seem better with a safety because I use him a lot when I play non player lock D but the downside of it is that you can't change into a corner when the ball is in the air (which is why it's called player LOCK). One thing I am sure of is that the dline play is much better with player lock, carlos dunlap #9 for florida is a DE and I was a beast with him using player lock. I really rushed bradford and made it hard for him to do much, I'm happy to see this because in the vids the dline play was very sketchy.
To anyone that hasnt played it yet, from the little time I had I saw these things and I think its a big step up from 09, pursuit angles do make a huge differance too. Call it ncaa 9.5 if you want but I think this game will be legit.
Now lets find out what i say after I play a couple of games haha

# 150 videobastard @ 06/18/09 11:41 AM
This demo was a waste of time. I would be more interested in this series if the developers released this game every 2 years. Then at least they would have more time to release something that would be worth looking into. Its obvious all the attention is with the madden series with this being just a throw in.

# 151 Badboy49er @ 06/18/09 11:42 AM
Great impressions guys, keep em comin. Im really surprised that there are alot of postivie reports on the demo. After yesterday i figured this place would have burned to the ground by some of ya'll LOL. Good to hear though, im looking forward to trying this when i get home tonight.

# 152 WolverinesFinest @ 06/18/09 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
CPU's OU defense just roughed up Tebow for a 15-yard penalty. Haven't seen that in years ...
I had 2 roughing the passers hah I was suprised as well

# 153 DGuinta1 @ 06/18/09 11:43 AM
Get the announcers in the studios and come up with some NEW lines! Haven't heard one line that was new.

# 154 lasthour @ 06/18/09 11:43 AM
Can we get some real feedback? Is it NCAA 9.5 or is it NCAA 2010? How does the running game feel? How does the passing game feel?

How does this game differ from last years game?

Just looking for a little more detailed analysis.

# 155 renatus @ 06/18/09 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
the pre-game band spells out "NCAA demo".
that´s the only pre-game we see?

# 156 jeeve @ 06/18/09 11:46 AM
How is the running game? Is it still way too easy to pass and too hard to run (Heisman difficulty)?

# 157 WolverinesFinest @ 06/18/09 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasthour
Can we get some real feedback? Is it NCAA 9.5 or is it NCAA 2010? How does the running game feel? How does the passing game feel?

read my post, the long one, and tell me if you want more elaboration.

Honestly, it's hard to get a good feel. I dont know why they keep releasing 2 minute demos.

# 158 DGuinta1 @ 06/18/09 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasthour

Yea sorry I am not one of those guys with in depth analysis.

# 159 WolverinesFinest @ 06/18/09 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeve
How is the running game? Is it still way too easy to pass and too hard to run (Heisman difficulty)?
The pursuit angles really help a lot on heisman which makes the run game better. On my first play I did a screen for a 65 yard td but that was the only breakout pay I had really a couple decent games but nothing big. Adaptive ai helps too. I did 2 speed options left out of the spread wk I think, first time 10 yards then 7 then -2 so I think adaptive ai caused the cpu to recognize this. The pass game does seem harder, there are more bad throws by the qb so you kind of have to decide if you want to risk a pick or not. hope that helps.

# 160 DGuinta1 @ 06/18/09 11:50 AM
I can't speak for the game itself but the demo feels like a somewhat strong NCAA 9.5.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.