Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Who Needs Rules has posted an article entitled, Should NCAA Football 10 Get Your Business?

Quote:
"t's almost time, you can hear the bands warming up, NCAA Football is getting close to being released to the masses. The thrill of the hunt to find the game early will start around Independence Day, and then the game will slowly arrive in everyone's hands. The question is, is the game worth your $60 this year?

The demo has been released today on XBox 360 and later tonight on the PS3. Considering the demo is only 2 minute quarters, I'm not so sure that it's going to make anyone feel that this game is not just NCAA 09.5. I look at what's been changed and added for the '10 iteration, and shake my head when I look at Madden 10's feature set. It's like night and day. You would almost think these teams should probably work together..right?"

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ballaspence9493 @ 06/19/09 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I'll be skipping out on NCAA this year.. I'm tired of wasting money on a game that is actually worse than one produced 4 & 5 years ago.
i'm actually considering it for the first time since '02

# 42 Football4lyfe @ 06/19/09 12:50 AM
Its boring, repetitive, stale and not worth $60 of my hard earned money

# 43 Step2001 @ 06/19/09 01:45 AM
No, I canceled my pre-order a few weeks back.

The game is a dissappointment. It's been a huge mess on now gen!

# 44 kmart2180 @ 06/19/09 02:20 AM
Although I do like the game better than 09's version. I still feel like little is being done to this game. Things that matter (gameplay,sliders) are taking backseats to features that no one could give a rats @ss about (Season Showdown).

Its hard to swallow what this game could have been if it had Ian/Phil at the helm. I wish you's could just come right out and tell us the truth cause its gotta be that Madden is getting all the $$$ and Ncaa is getting shafted with the left overs. Cause if its not that exactly, well then Im sorry to say this but Ncaa needs to do with Madden did this year and just scrap the whole team and bring in someone new with fresh idea's.

I am loving the direction EA is taking with all there games (Except Ncaa10) Take NBA live 10 they are focusing on game play and the core of basketball. Madden10 has taken a huge step foward this year, NHL and Fifa are already on top of there games. Yet NCAA seems to be declining. Why? Is it the team? Is it the budget for the game?

Who comes up with the idea of season showdown? Over fixing sliders and gameplay? That guy deservers a pink slip (im sorry but im sure 99.9% would agree with me on this one ). This game was once close to passing Madden as the best football game. But by the steps that Madden is taking compared to Ncaa ..........its not even close anymore. This franchise is barely floating at the bottom of all EA's other titles IMO.

# 45 Exonerated @ 06/19/09 03:58 AM
I remember this exact same thread last year.

Everyone says no.

But the poll I saw earlier this week had like 108 people out of like 190 buying it so I unno.

Is this a case of the vocal minority, or a true hiatus?

# 46 drowsike @ 06/19/09 05:29 AM
All u you say u aint buying but u are..u guys love college football to much not to..it all we have..your in here too much not care

# 47 trobinson97 @ 06/19/09 08:02 AM
I skipped last year for the first time. It was tough. There are a lot of things I wish were done better this year. I'm still on the fence, but I am leaning towards getting it, even if it's used later on down the road. I played the demo and like I said, I wish some things were done better, but it wasn't a totally un-enjoyable experience.

If they would just give us some working sliders it'd be easier for me to make up my mind. Most likely I will see how that goes. AuburnAlumni will definitely let us know if they fix them or not.

# 48 rudyjuly2 @ 06/19/09 09:11 AM
After the demo I'm sad to say that I will be renting first and only after the sliders have been patched. I saw more things that bugged me in the demo than what I enjoyed. The new camera angle, graphics and sound all disappointed me. I do love the cpu throwing the ball downfield but the game felt pretty similar to me in limited game time. 2 minute quarters suck - hard to get a real good feel. I would actually prefer a practice mode to that.

# 49 kt-od @ 06/19/09 09:18 AM
After playing the demo, I will not be buying this game. Honestly, I wasn't planning on buying it before the demo. The demo, however, solidified my decision.
Which this is sad. On PS2 I bought NCAA football every year. I always thought there game was a step above Madden for some reason. After 2005 I quit buying Madden and only bought NCAA. I bought NCAA 08 because that is the first game I got when I bought my PS3. (I wish I would have bought some other game).
Last year Madden got my money and will get it again. Madden wasn't all that great last year, but it was way better than NCAA.

So it's a "NO" for me as well.

# 50 da ThRONe @ 06/19/09 11:32 AM
I feel the pain! I cant really see not having a NCAA game not in the house for a whole another year ,but im no dummy its 60 bucks isnt as easy to come by anymore. I want to but bottom line is it isnt worth 60 so im not.

# 51 Cubone_Jones @ 06/19/09 12:07 PM
This is a very difficult situation for me because the bottom line is NCAA 9.5 is still better than NCAA 09. In the dorms NCAA is a way of life. I want to make a statement to the developers, but at the same time I love college football.

I'll try to buy it used, but we'll see. I'll keep you posted.

# 52 Review @ 06/19/09 12:38 PM
I won't be picking this game up and several of my friends who play college ball won't be either. We have come to conclusion that these football games are the same every year. Moreover, we have also realized that EA sports will NEVER make a football game that is a true accurate representation of the sport.

# 53 Dollar Theater @ 06/19/09 02:20 PM
For the first time since '98, I don't think I'll be getting it. I may rent it first to see if it's any better but $60 is a lot to ask for a mediocre upgrade considering Fight Night Round 4 and Madden 2010 coming out within a month of NCAA.

# 54 DJ @ 06/19/09 03:28 PM
No, they will not be getting my business this year.

I've been so disappointed with this series since the move to 360/PS3 and it's so frustrating because the PS2 versions of NCAA were so much fun and in some ways, better than Madden. This series has taken such huge strides backwards that they've really started to alienate the long-time gamers that have been with this series since the beginning.

I was going to skip last year's game but got it as a gift, played it for a few months but eventually went back to the PS2 version because the 360 one was stressing me out with all its flaws.

Sad that you pay hundreds of dollars for a console and over $60 for a game only to see said game regress and actually be worse than it's previous-generation counterpart.

I have 09 on PS2 and I think I'll stick with that for my college football gaming needs.

# 55 HuskyDog @ 06/19/09 03:30 PM
I typically buy EA sports games every year (NCAA Football, Madden, NHL, etc). I was all set to start another year of EA sports games purchases with NCAA 10. I pre-ordered so I could get the extra TeamBuilder slots.

After reading about the issues (rosters, sliders, etc) and seeing the demo issues with the PS3 (miserable graphics, several bugs and glitches) I'm pretty well finished for this year.

I'm sick of hearing the EA BS hype machine about how:
  • This is the year for "insert name of EA Sports Game here" or
  • This is the year "insert name of EA Sports Game here" becomes truly next gen
or
  • This is the year we listened to our customers and implemented their suggestions.
I call BS on all of it. EA takes one step forward in one area, two steps back in another. Very little real progress is made - certainly not worth $60 per year, per game.

But, I must thank the developers for the NCAA 10 demo. It will save me $200 - $300 per year since I will not waste my money (and even more time) with their over hyped, mediocre products.

# 56 HuskyDog @ 06/19/09 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
I am getting it because I love football and my expectations for a video game that cost 60 bucks is not over the top so I am good with this game

Others won't get it because they are not getting real life mechanics and presentation in a 60 dollar game

I work all week and like to enjoy my sports games and will not tell myself that ea or any other company has to give me real life football in a 60 dollar disc.

The game is far from perfect but then again no game is perfect.

The game comes out yearly

Yet people expect changes that require 3 year periods like other games have

On a year to year basis the game will only improve a bit. That is the way it works

I prefer it that way because I need my football games every year.
If there were even consistent minor upgrades that would be great. My complaint is they "fix" one thing but break another. That is ridiculous.

# 57 da ThRONe @ 06/19/09 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
I am getting it because I love football and my expectations for a video game that cost 60 bucks is not over the top so I am good with this game

Others won't get it because they are not getting real life mechanics and presentation in a 60 dollar game

I work all week and like to enjoy my sports games and will not tell myself that ea or any other company has to give me real life football in a 60 dollar disc.

The game is far from perfect but then again no game is perfect.

The game comes out yearly

Yet people expect changes that require 3 year periods like other games have

On a year to year basis the game will only improve a bit. That is the way it works

I prefer it that way because I need my football games every year.
Nobody is expecting miracles ,but they could get a lot more in if they wouldnt waste time on useless fluff!

# 58 marcoyk @ 06/19/09 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor
This is a very difficult situation for me because the bottom line is NCAA 9.5 is still better than NCAA 09. In the dorms NCAA is a way of life. I want to make a statement to the developers, but at the same time I love college football.
That is exactly how I feel. I absolutely love college football but I don't want to give these people my money. I don't feel like they deserve it at all with the incompetence that they've shown regarding broken sliders for 2 years in a row and horrifically wrong rosters. I also don't appreciate being lied to. They told us that we could get pressure on the QB this year but that's a flat out lie. They've also ignored our thousands of requests for other types of game-play improvements. Then they add a completely unnecessary feature in Season Showdown while actually mandatory features like rosters and sliders are incomplete and broken, respectively. Then you just look at the Madden team and get blown away by how much more/better they've done in their developmental cycle. They've done so much to improve game-play and have only added online dynasty - an actually sensible feature - as a new feature to the game.
I'll be upset with myself if I buy it or not. If I buy it I'll be saying "They don't deserve sixty dollars for this," and if I don't I'll be saying "Ugh I'm craving college football right now. Why haven't I bought NCAA 9.001 yet?"

# 59 rckabillyRaider @ 06/19/09 03:53 PM
Having bought 09 and playing the demo last night.......... I have 0 anticipation for this game.

With those 60 bucks, I will probably re-buy a ps2 and get it on there along with madden, in case madden doesn't pan out this year again.

# 60 da ThRONe @ 06/19/09 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
That is exactly how I feel. I absolutely love college football but I don't want to give these people my money. I don't feel like they deserve it at all with the incompetence that they've shown regarding broken sliders for 2 years in a row and horrifically wrong rosters. I also don't appreciate being lied to. They told us that we could get pressure on the QB this year but that's a flat out lie. They've also ignored our thousands of requests for other types of game-play improvements. Then they add a completely unnecessary feature in Season Showdown while actually mandatory features like rosters and sliders are incomplete and broken, respectively. Then you just look at the Madden team and get blown away by how much more/better they've done in their developmental cycle. They've done so much to improve game-play and have only added online dynasty - an actually sensible feature - as a new feature to the game.
I'll be upset with myself if I buy it or not. If I buy it I'll be saying "They don't deserve sixty dollars for this," and if I don't I'll be saying "Ugh I'm craving college football right now. Why haven't I bought NCAA 9.001 yet?"
They have us by the short and curlies!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.