Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 10 video, featuring the NFC South.

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 vision @ 06/20/09 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Nah, the knees are parellel to the ground in madden 09; Reggie does bring his knees up high when he runs;however, no ones knees are parellel to the ground at any point, when they are running.

To make the running animations more realistic, the strides of the players must be shorter.

I'd really like to hear Ian's point of view on this. They have to see it.
I honestly don't think he'll make a comment on it. I would be very very surprised. In essence, he'll have to concede that they jacked up the run animation. The question is, will they go the extra effort to tweak it.. so at least the stride is faster.

Imagine playing a shooter with no recoil.. a racing game that doesn't show a sense of speed. Those animations really take the believability out of the game imo. I don't understand how they could let that slide as acceptable.

# 62 SageInfinite @ 06/20/09 05:38 PM
Quote:
Hopefully shorters strides won't break the entire game; It shouldn't, but I'm not a programmer, so I wouldn't know.
It depends on how the animate with shorter strides. We dont want the players feet moving fast while it looks like they're barely going anywhere, lol.

# 63 Collapse419 @ 06/20/09 05:49 PM
cool

# 64 Lumalu @ 06/20/09 06:11 PM
Looks good. I see no reason why this Madden should not be equal to or more successful than previous versions.

EA has a sure thing in Madden, come August 95% of Madden buyers will be happy.

# 65 TheSaint92 @ 06/20/09 07:19 PM
The game looks great, but the joggin' is killin me.

# 66 rckinAPhilliezhat @ 06/20/09 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It depends on how the animate with shorter strides. We dont want the players feet moving fast while it looks like they're barely going anywhere, lol.
lol road runner.

# 67 SageInfinite @ 06/20/09 08:03 PM
Quote:

The game cannot ship with the running animations that we've seen in the videos.
It definitely will. I don't like it, but its the truth.

# 68 timgrooms @ 06/21/09 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainesdaddy

Was that Keith Brooking, Drew Brees ran thru?

Naw, Brookings is in Dallas.

It was actually Curtis Lofton, who would have taken his head off.

# 69 Rback21 @ 06/21/09 12:03 PM
...Turner should be bigger and where are DeAngelo's dreads?

# 70 beefjohnson @ 06/21/09 04:52 PM
it just looks choppy to me...

it goes into a nice smooth animation of breaking a tackle or being tackled etc...to full speed and turning on a dime as soon as you get out of something..needs to be alot smoother

# 71 str8outtajerzy @ 06/22/09 12:23 AM
Well we don't need a big back for short yardage now, just give it to drew on fourth and 2 he's good for it LOL!

# 72 beefjohnson @ 06/22/09 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8outtajerzy
Well we don't need a big back for short yardage now, just give it to drew on fourth and 2 he's good for it LOL!
haha....and since Drew can truck people I bet Delhomme can avoid turnovers and can outrun half the defense

# 73 SageInfinite @ 06/22/09 01:25 AM
Quote:
What makes you so sure
Just a feeling in my gut, I mean they might be improved, but I still dont think they'll be what everyone is looking for. I'm pretty sure Ian said they were really going to be working on this alot for next year, so thats why I think what we're seeing is what we'll be getting.

# 74 MIDNYT3 @ 06/22/09 05:52 AM
Looking good EA...STEVE SMITH KILLS IT!!!..so excited for August

# 75 the drewster @ 06/22/09 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefjohnson
it just looks choppy to me...

it goes into a nice smooth animation of breaking a tackle or being tackled etc...to full speed and turning on a dime as soon as you get out of something..needs to be alot smoother
i agree there are moments of smooth animations then jittery stiff ones

# 76 wolfpack @ 06/22/09 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drewster
i agree there are moments of smooth animations then jittery stiff ones
I think (hope) that we might be alright with the choppiness... at least during gameplay. I was worried at first like you guys, but I went back and watched some gameplay videos during E3. The animations during the game were smooth, but when any replays were shown they looked choppy like in the 'NFC South' video.

So, I'm at least hoping the game plays smooth and it's just the replay choppiness being shown in this 'NFC South' highlight video.

Still annoying that replays can't look smooth if this is the case.

# 77 Crawi @ 06/22/09 05:57 PM
Good video, but too much of Peppers for the Panthers.

# 78 SageInfinite @ 06/22/09 06:21 PM
Quote:
I'm not that picky about the running animations, the jogging is what's killing me at this point. I just want the players to look like they're running hard when I hold down the sprint button.

Shortening the strides is really all they have to do this year to make me happy.
I feel the same way.

# 79 Brandon_c993 @ 06/22/09 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFanboy
no D. Williams or J. Stewart! thats weird

Ya that is weird...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.