Home
Tiger Woods 10 News Post

EA has just posted another Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10.

Quote:
"t's been a couple weeks since our last blog, so we figured it would be a good time to fill you all in on some new things we've got brewing here on the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Dev Team.

First of all, the Live Tournaments feedback we've received so far from all of you has been awesome. It's really helped us figure out where we need to push and pull on this feature in order to make it enjoyable and competitive for all players. Based on all the feedback we've received, there are a few changes that we are looking to make to the Live Tournaments structure in the coming weeks that we wanted to let you in on.

As always, please let us know what you think about these new additions. Do you like them, dislike them, do you have some suggestions that might make them better? Anything goes..."

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mikemj23 @ 07/01/09 03:55 PM
good to see that these guys are still trying to improve/add features, however, the problem with handicapping tourneys this way is that it really doesn't fix the problem. The problem is shooting -21 for 18 holes on the hardest settings with attribute caps, no grid etc. Making it easier by giving players the ability to use power boost, spin, putt preview just gives more
players the chance to shoot in the 50's and 40's.

Online tourneys are just not realistic and I'm not sure if anyone knows how to fix it.

# 2 maxox @ 07/01/09 04:42 PM
Glad they are making changes, but I wish there was talk of private tournaments/tours. Maybe next year.

# 3 Happyvally74 @ 07/01/09 09:04 PM
I think the online pga tour sounds pretty cool. Don't know if I'll do any of those handicap tournies though.

# 4 Zalf @ 07/02/09 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyvally74
I think the online pga tour sounds pretty cool. Don't know if I'll do any of those handicap tournies though.

The online PGA is interesting in theory but if the reason to play it is to "win" the season it is just going to be the daily/weekly tournaments times 30. Maybe 5 people in the world will have a shot at winning and the rest of us would just watch. Until they address the competitive situation or change the win conditions. It really isn't any different from what they have now.

The handicap thing is horrible as presented. The skill rating system is subject to major abuse. Even if it wasn't, tour pro is a completely different competitive game when compared to the other levels. So you are going to have people playing in the same tournament with Tour Pro difficulty, no green grids, heavy winds against players with boost/spin, putt preview, and no wind. They can't balance the game within the difficulty levels and now they are going to start crossing them? Balance within the levels, fix the skill rating system to prevent abuse, and then think about mixing the levels.

Payout system is ok like it is or it will be ok the new way. Nothing really earth shattering here. The money doesn't mean anything so spending all this time trying to figure out how to give it away doesn't seem all that productive on the surface.

# 5 kerosene31 @ 07/03/09 04:02 PM
The new money system seems like a good idea. At least you get some sort of satisfaction from finishing 150th and 17 strokes back with a realistic score.

As for the -21 scores, they need to cap tour pro tournaments at 7 with all attributes like they did early on. Then they need to patch the game to make chipping much, much less accurate.

Once these people cannot nail approach shots with pinpoint accuracy (with accuracy capped at 7 the aiming circle is as big as the green), and chip in easily... problem solved.

# 6 Zalf @ 07/04/09 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
The new money system seems like a good idea. At least you get some sort of satisfaction from finishing 150th and 17 strokes back with a realistic score.

As for the -21 scores, they need to cap tour pro tournaments at 7 with all attributes like they did early on. Then they need to patch the game to make chipping much, much less accurate.

Once these people cannot nail approach shots with pinpoint accuracy (with accuracy capped at 7 the aiming circle is as big as the green), and chip in easily... problem solved.
It doesn't matter what size the circle is, the ball lands exactly in the center of it every time. The power skill is the only one that has any impact on game play.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.