Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Check out the new NBA Live 10 blog, featuring new faces and DNA.

Quote:
"Now I know what you're thinking, "Is this the first official gameplay blog?" Nope, not yet! You get to hear from me once more until we get into the meat of our game (presentation, visuals, gameplay and menus). What's the topic for today; new rookie DNA and overall ratings. You're probably wondering why each year we don't show screens of the rookies in their new uniforms and show off their overall rating like Madden does. Well, the fast answer to this question is because the NBA Players Association is very different from the NFL Players Association. In the NFL, when a player reports to the combine, they're officially part of the NFL Players Association. However, in the NBA a rookie isn't part of the NBA Players association until they sign their team contract. We aren't allowed to show anything (screens, ratings, etc.) until a player signs on the dotted line. With that said, we CAN sign a player for marketing purposes, and this year we did just that.

If you were watching the NBA Draft last week, you may have seen the "EA SPORTS" medallion once or twice. That's because we were the official sponsors of the NBA Draft. We signed Blake Griffin, Hasheem Thabeet and Stephen Curry. In today's blog I'm going to reveal what their collegiate DNA does for the Clippers, Grizzlies and Warriors respectively, and also show what their team's DNA looks like without them in the starting lineup. I'll also reveal their overall ratings for you ratings junkies."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 HoosierDaddy @ 07/03/09 04:06 PM
Good stuff Marcus, agree with the ratings as well. Anxiously anticipating the upcoming blogs.

# 2 krazyboy225 @ 07/03/09 04:16 PM
interesting stuff my friend, interesting stuff

# 3 jfsolo @ 07/03/09 04:17 PM
Now this DNA blog, IMO, is a gameplay blog, as what we see here is vitally important to how the game plays. Good stuff indeed. Being a greedy SOB, I'll ask, can you guys comment on how players will play in transition as it relates to their DNA profile.

# 4 Meechie1013 @ 07/03/09 04:20 PM
IDK What to say Steph........ Jus a gud azz blog lol. It was very informative. Man i just love how the Team DNA will change depending on who comes in. So what about the Player DNA changing??? Im not 4sure if i seen anything about that. Other then that was the blog so far. ( Also, cool thing that i seen was the DNA Strand instead of the block bar like on live09. lol. Good change).

# 5 23 @ 07/03/09 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Now this DNA blog, IMO, is a gameplay blog, as what we see here is vitally important to how the game plays. Good stuff indeed. Being a greedy SOB, I'll ask, can you guys comment on how players will play in transition as it relates to their DNA profile.
Thats what im wondering. I like how the players pretty much average out how the team plays, but Im not seeing how a coaching style affects them so maybe that has alot to do with the decision on whether they play transition basketball or halfcourt set plays

# 6 stephensonmc @ 07/03/09 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
This isn't going to turn out like 04 is it? I think it was 04 anyway where there were guys in the 20's and really good players in the 70's.

The DNA stuff is sounding good anyway.
Nope, not that low...

# 7 dvir10 @ 07/03/09 04:58 PM
dude!!!! the new rating system sounds awesome and realistic!!!!

# 8 Absoluttte @ 07/03/09 05:01 PM
I like the new rating system. Should be great!

# 9 stephensonmc @ 07/03/09 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
I like it better this way instead of over inflated ratings and unstoppable superstars.
Keep in mind that the reason players are "superstars" is because they produce night in and night out. Kobe can be controlled, but not stopped.

# 10 krazyboy225 @ 07/03/09 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Keep in mind that the reason players are "superstars" is because they produce night in and night out. Kobe can be controlled, but not stopped.

your right on that one.

# 11 Tomba @ 07/03/09 05:54 PM
Quote:
Neither can the sale of his shoes. I own two pairs!

# 12 23bluesman @ 07/03/09 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Thats what im wondering. I like how the players pretty much average out how the team plays, but Im not seeing how a coaching style affects them so maybe that has alot to do with the decision on whether they play transition basketball or halfcourt set plays
I'd like to know about this as well. In Live 09, the coaches really didn't have any impact at all on the game. In comparison, 2k had coaching style/options that were really in-depth, and directly affected how their team played.

I'm hoping the we could have something similar for Live 10, although, I guess with the team DNA that should take care of it...? I dunno...and what about defensive schemes/philosophies of coaches also? Do we have defensive DNA?

That being said, thanks again for the blog!

# 13 23 @ 07/03/09 06:38 PM
bluesman, tomba, good to see you guys around again

whats your thoughts so far on 10?

# 14 Mintsa @ 07/03/09 06:46 PM
Nice blog Steph.....keep expanding DNA man.....it's good stuff.

# 15 23bluesman @ 07/03/09 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
bluesman, tomba, good to see you guys around again

whats your thoughts so far on 10?
Yup, will be posting quite frequently again hopefully, really got out of touch with the "internet world" a few months back when I started working.

Anyway, I'm def excited for this game! Saw a lot of good things in the single screenshot of LBJ (lighting, arena, crowd, bench improvements). Still too early to tell though, but I have very high hopes for this title.

# 16 stephensonmc @ 07/03/09 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23bluesman
I'd like to know about this as well. In Live 09, the coaches really didn't have any impact at all on the game. In comparison, 2k had coaching style/options that were really in-depth, and directly affected how their team played.

I'm hoping the we could have something similar for Live 10, although, I guess with the team DNA that should take care of it...? I dunno...and what about defensive schemes/philosophies of coaches also? Do we have defensive DNA?

That being said, thanks again for the blog!
Interesting. I'd be really interested to know where they get their coaching data....

I think it's obvious to you guys where we get ours. We have some stuff to show you for sure, but think about where each game is getting their data while we discuss this stuff.

# 17 Mintsa @ 07/03/09 07:10 PM
Steph, your still going to have the ability to manually go in and change some things like last year right ??

For example: The whole Jose Calderon dunking thing when 09 first came out & you had to manually go in and change 2 of his ratings to correct the issue.

# 18 stephensonmc @ 07/03/09 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Steph, your still going to have the ability to manually go in and change some things like last year right ??

For example: The whole Jose Calderon dunking thing when 09 first came out & you had to manually go in and change 2 of his ratings to correct the issue.
If that's an issue this year, I should be fired.

# 19 Mintsa @ 07/03/09 07:16 PM
Quote:
If that's an issue this year, I should be fired.

LOL............... gotcha !

# 20 23 @ 07/03/09 07:18 PM
Quote:
Interesting. I'd be really interested to know where they get their coaching data....

I think it's obvious to you guys where we get ours. We have some stuff to show you for sure, but think about where each game is getting their data while we discuss this stuff.
Not sure at all, but there are definitely teams that like to go at a faster pace than others.... we missed out on that last year

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.