Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Destructoid has the scoop.

Quote:
"GameStop has just announced that pre-ordering Madden NFL 10 for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will net its customers an exclusive demo of the title. The demo will features four five-minute quarters, with the Arizona Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers as the playable teams. Codes for the pre-order demo will hit stores by July 15, and the demo is slated to go live by the end of July."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 xanmank @ 07/07/09 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
explain? are you talking about how much they charge for used games?
first let me start by saying one of my best friends is an assistant manager at a gamestop and his store is pretty good. With that said, 90% of my experiences at gamestop have been less than pleasant because of unhelpful, condescending workers who act like they have something better to do then talk to a customer. Plus many are xbox fanboys who try to talk everyone into buying 360 games, even though I have a PS3.

On top of that, their trade in policy is terrible. A game I buy 2 months ago for $60 is now worth $30- and they go around and sell it for $55. You gotta use eBay cuz at least you'd get most of your money back. The only things I but at gamestop are used games that are half their original price or less.

# 22 countryboy @ 07/07/09 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Not to be a Debbie downer, but will the demo be ready to download on the 15th or just the codes will be given out? I only ask because the Fight Night demo came up long after the code cards were given out.

Oh and the link said the end of July the demo will go live.
my thoughts exactly. The codes are being given out by the 15th, not the demo.

The demo will probably be available for those with the codes the last week of July and it will go live on PSN/Live the first week of August.

# 23 RGiles36 @ 07/07/09 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Wow... way to take the wind out of NCAA's sails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite
I think that may not be on purpose.
I don't know man--the relationship between NCAA & Madden is strange this year. If I'm not mistaking, Gamestop is running some promotion that if you buy NCAA 10, you can trade it in for 40 bucks in-store credit towards Madden 10. Maybe that's Gamestop's deal and EA has no say, but I just don't think that paints NCAA in such a positive light.

So I agree, Madden seems to be taking the wind out of NCAA's sails a bit.

# 24 BroMontana82 @ 07/07/09 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite
I think that may not be on purpose.
i didn't expect it to come out right after ncaa or even the same week...that would really crush NCAA's sales.

# 25 Dynamite @ 07/07/09 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I don't know man--the relationship between NCAA & Madden is strange this year. If I'm not mistaking, Gamestop is running some promotion that if you buy NCAA 10, you can trade it in for 40 bucks in-store credit towards Madden 10. Maybe that's Gamestop's deal and EA has no say, but I just don't think that paints NCAA in such a positive light.

So I agree, Madden seems to be taking the wind out of NCAA's sails a bit.
I work at a store that rhymes with maim-smop...hint.

Yeah, it's likely not a coincidence that the game has high trade value (they typically don't in general, or at least not more than half the new price), high value and is a sports game...hmm. That's not something that happens often, so I'm going to say maybe something is wrong here.

# 26 SageInfinite @ 07/07/09 08:22 AM
Good news. I hope the demo does drop next week, then they'll be no reason for me to even look at NCAA this year

# 27 Skyboxer @ 07/07/09 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
first let me start by saying one of my best friends is an assistant manager at a gamestop and his store is pretty good. With that said, 90% of my experiences at gamestop have been less than pleasant because of unhelpful, condescending workers who act like they have something better to do then talk to a customer. Plus many are xbox fanboys who try to talk everyone into buying 360 games, even though I have a PS3.

On top of that, their trade in policy is terrible. A game I buy 2 months ago for $60 is now worth $30- and they go around and sell it for $55. You gotta use eBay cuz at least you'd get most of your money back. The only things I but at gamestop are used games that are half their original price or less.
I'm pretty good friends with a manager (and regular workers) at our stores here and haven't had any issues with them. Yes more times than not I know more about games than a few of them but mostly because they are part timers working for school.

As far as their trade in policy, you don't have to use them. Use Ebay etc..
I personally wait until the specials and coupons to do any trades to get the most out of it.
I also love the 7 days to return a used game.
To each their own. Not saying you haven't had issues just that not every location is bad. I actually drive past one that is 2 miles from my house to go to one 8 miles away because I like the guys they a lot better and the store isn't a mess.

# 28 callmetaternuts @ 07/07/09 08:33 AM
How do you get a code if you pre-ordered. They dont have my email addy so I would assume I have to go back into the store?

# 29 Netherscourge @ 07/07/09 08:41 AM
I hope it's better then the NCAA 10 demo.

# 30 countryboy @ 07/07/09 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
How do you get a code if you pre-ordered. They dont have my email addy so I would assume I have to go back into the store?
pick it up in store I believe.

# 31 Brandwin @ 07/07/09 10:00 AM
That sucks. The codes are giving out on the 15th, I will be out of town. I think it says while supplies last. So by the time I get back home, they could possibly be out of the codes and I won't get one, even though I have pre-ordered the game.

If so and someone can snatch a an extra one, please get one for me.

# 32 BroMontana82 @ 07/07/09 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
That sucks. The codes are giving out on the 15th, I will be out of town. I think it says while supplies last. So by the time I get back home, they could possibly be out of the codes and I won't get one, even though I have pre-ordered the game.

If so and someone can snatch a an extra one, please get one for me.
do you really think they'll run out? i dunno, it seems to me that this is some marketing or PR gimmick so more people will pre-order. "while supplies last" is just another trick. sounds like an informercial pitch...but wait! call now, supplies are limited! unless someone can confirm that there are limited supplies, i wasn't worried about when i pre-ordered.

# 33 thudias @ 07/07/09 11:01 AM
I cant wait to get my code and sit with it for 2 weeks before the actual demo is available to download.

# 34 Brandwin @ 07/07/09 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
do you really think they'll run out? i dunno, it seems to me that this is some marketing or PR gimmick so more people will pre-order. "while supplies last" is just another trick. sounds like an informercial pitch...but wait! call now, supplies are limited! unless someone can confirm that there are limited supplies, i wasn't worried about when i pre-ordered.
I hope not . I am going to be pissed if I don't get the demo early because I can't be one of the first to run to Gamestop when the codes are released. I don't see why they can't guarantee anyone who preorders before then, a demo code.

# 35 permanent1 @ 07/07/09 11:44 AM
Most likely pre-order guys will get to play on the 15th while the rest of the non-preorder gamers get to play it at the end of july.

# 36 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/07/09 11:48 AM
I will warn ya'll right now the demo will be pre E3. So don't be surprise to see glitches and some bad points of it. But trust me. What is in the demo will not be in the final version. Some of you will get the demo and say Oh my god this sucks. Remember this is just a demo. This demo was done before E3. But most of those problems will be fixed when the final version is in the store. But I can't wait for the demo.

# 37 Phil_Frazier @ 07/07/09 11:52 AM
Just wanted to say officially that the demo won't actually be available on that date. that's the day we'll we'll be giving out codes.

Phil

# 38 beefjohnson @ 07/07/09 11:53 AM
any idea as to if I will still get a code for the demo even though I have yet to finish paying for the game? I believe I still owe somewhere around 20-30 bucks, but I thought I read that i could lay down just the base 5 bucks to reserve it..get the demo and if I didnt like it I could get a refund. Not sure though...anyone know?

# 39 da bucs gm @ 07/07/09 12:00 PM
Man that title is extremely misleading.

# 40 Netherscourge @ 07/07/09 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
Just wanted to say officially that the demo won't actually be available on that date. that's the day we'll we'll be giving out codes.

Phil

Well, now we know it's the codes, NOT the demo.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.