Home
BCFX News Post

It's not surprising that a non-EA football game is generating a bit of intrigue and hype prior to release, but what’s unusual about Black College Football Xperience is that it has garnered some attention for the wrong reasons. Some people are not interested in what the game has to offer on the field, but instead are interested in the title of the game.

In two weeks, Operation Sports will be reviewing Nerjyzed Entertainment's Black College Football Xperience: The Doug Williams Edition for the Xbox 360. Rather than ignore this issue and let it cloud over our review, Operation Sports is here to tackle the issue head-on in this article, so that the review can be solely devoted to what’s coded into the game disc -- instead of what’s written on the game's box.

Read More - Black College Football - The Xperience: What's behind the Name?

Game: Black College Football: The XperienceReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 LingeringRegime @ 07/10/09 05:27 PM
Sucks that this won't be on the PS3.

# 2 SHO @ 07/10/09 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Sucks that this won't be on the PS3.
Word.

I'm glad this article was written. Some people were getting the wrong idea behind the name.

# 3 rockchisler @ 07/10/09 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Word.

I'm glad this article was written. Some people were getting the wrong idea behind the name.
Some people I think are proud of their ignorance, instead of asking questions they make uniformed unintelligent remarks. The greatest Running back and greatest WR ever both came from Black colleges, Jerry Rice and Walter Payton. So Im glad that the article was written hopefully the knuckle heads will look at this and retract their previous statements.

# 4 brownclown @ 07/10/09 07:10 PM
I dont care about the name, but i hope the game has good gameplay. I'll probably rent it

# 5 Kado456 @ 07/10/09 07:25 PM
Good Job OSports

Proud Alum of Bethune-Cookman College '97

# 6 sneezor01 @ 07/10/09 07:35 PM
To all who had a part to play in the presentation of this article... Thank You. It's sad that some would rather trash something they don't understand rather than ask questions. Now there is no excuse. This article was very simple (which is very good for those who don't understand and for those who do.) and straight to the point. I will support this product if the product is a good product. If it is not then I will give it the same treatment that NCAA 10 will get. (No Purchase and I will just have to wait on Madden 10) Let's encourage others to find ways to challenge EA so WE ALL CAN WIN !!!

# 7 TracerBullet @ 07/10/09 07:55 PM
Man I really hope they have this in video stores in washington. For some reason I really doubt it.

# 8 jyoung @ 07/10/09 08:12 PM
Right now the only confirmed system BCFX's coming out on is the Xbox 360, but I wouldn't be surprised if a PS3 release was soon to follow.

I remember seeing a video somewhere on Youtube where one of the developers said that a PS3 release was something they were thinking about.

Regardless of how the game ends up, I'm just glad to see some alternative football titles popping up.

And at the discounted retail price of $40, I'm definitely ready to support these guys if they can show some improvement from the first game that came out on the PC a few years ago.

# 9 Dollar Theater @ 07/10/09 08:14 PM
Excellent article OS. Overdue for sure. Maybe people will quit complaining about the name now.

# 10 laforr77 @ 07/10/09 08:51 PM
Nice article. I played the first one when Nerjyzed came to Morehouse last year. It wasn't all that great, but I hope this one does well, because as a newcomer in the games industry, I realize now just how hard it can be to be a successful startup, let alone, come up against the likes of EA and NCAA Football. I'll probably pick this one up, if for nothing else then to support a new developer.

That, and to smack Clark Atlanta every now and then lol.

Morehouse College Alum Class of '09

# 11 blackscorpion11 @ 07/10/09 09:03 PM
The PC version is available already

# 12 trick02 @ 07/10/09 09:06 PM
LOL im sorry, you may not want to think this is racist but you know a white version of this game could never be made because of the backlash they would get about racism. So to me this is the same old same old. Racism only works 1 way and always has sorry but true.

# 13 t11 @ 07/10/09 09:15 PM
The name does not matter. This game looks like garbage. But I guess I will wait for this interview to see if it can change my mind about this game.

# 14 TracerBullet @ 07/10/09 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
LOL im sorry, you may not want to think this is racist but you know a white version of this game could never be made because of the backlash they would get about racism. So to me this is the same old same old. Racism only works 1 way and always has sorry but true.
I don't get it, people always keep saying, "well a white college game couldn't exist..." well do you know any college's that are an HWCU (one's that are refered to as such)? It's not racist at all. A ton of white people do attend these colleges. I'm just curious what colleges people would make appear in these "white college" football games people say couldn't exist. Someone please answer that question.

# 15 teebee @ 07/10/09 10:54 PM
This is hilarious, when are you guys going to admit this is a hoax, hilarious, i love all your "Onion" style stories on this site

# 16 rockchisler @ 07/10/09 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
This is hilarious, when are you guys going to admit this is a hoax, hilarious, i love all your "Onion" style stories on this site
Thanks for showing how dumb you are, its refreshing to know that family members still marry each other. Look up HBCU's (historically black colleges and universities) Google or wiki it, read it, come back and apologize on how uninformed you are and beg forgiveness. trick02 u may want to follow suit since you need to be educated to..Thanks

# 17 StayPlation82 @ 07/10/09 11:08 PM
i'm a skeptic on gameplay but i was the same way about ea's first venture in to the college realm...i just wish i could get it on the Station. i can imagine the day were a forum will be here on OS with a thread titled "Official HBCU Football 2020 Impressions and Thoughts". i wish N.E. the best with this game.

# 18 Fox1994 @ 07/10/09 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Thanks for showing how dumb you are, its refreshing to know that family members still marry each other. Look up HBCU's (historically black colleges and universities) Google or wiki it, read it, come back and apologize on how uninformed you are and beg forgiveness. trick02 and t11 u may want to follow suit since you need to be educated to..Thanks
lmfao. +1

That was classic.

# 19 rockchisler @ 07/10/09 11:37 PM
my bad not t11 but ufgators, I miss quoted.

# 20 TracerBullet @ 07/10/09 11:59 PM
Wait what did I say wrong? Just wondering. I was actually defending the game. Trust me I'm a big fan of Southern University and FAMU (Mostly do to the bands) and I know what an HBCU is. The only thing I was trying to say was that the game isnt racist at all. I also went on to say how white people (and an assorment of different races) do attend these school and play sports.

The only other thing I was wondering was if there was an all "white college" football game that people keep saying would recieve so much backlash, what teams would be considered for it. I was asking that question seriously too. I really would like to know.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.