Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 10 video, featuring the Online Franchise Superbowl, between the Dallas Cowboys (Greg Fields) and the Tennessee Titans (Ian Cummings).

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 rckinAPhilliezhat @ 07/13/09 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
And you haven't won a superbowl in over......... never years.

Just stop dude.
We need a forum for teams who "used" to be good..Then your post would actually mean something. I think the raiders have 3 championships too...What do you say?..2010 superbowl...Raiders vs. cowboys?(thumbs up)..huh? how bout them cowboys and them raiders lol no really...what about em?

# 162 g2thecore @ 07/14/09 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
We need a forum for teams who "used" to be good..Then your post would actually mean something. I think the raiders have 3 championships too...What do you say?..2010 superbowl...Raiders vs. cowboys?(thumbs up)..huh? how bout them cowboys and them raiders lol no really...what about em?
Lmao...This really made me laugh though...

Ok, now stop this nonsense people!

# 163 RyanMoody21 @ 07/14/09 02:57 AM
Wow. 20 pages that could be boiled down to maybe 2 just on game play. It should be ultra difficult to pick out flaws of a game at speed. It should play seamless, but it doesn't! Sterile and monotone announcing, if you didn't tell me I wouldn't know if this was a Pre Season or Super Bowl game minus the cut scenes.

Of all the prior concerns expressed, my main issues and bear in mind these issues kill online play. No physics, no momentum, its just every player can do the same regardless of size or height. Based off that game you would think Chris Johnson was a sure fire HOF'er.

At 3:40. Taking the ball out 8 yards in the end zone, and not even in position to get tackled until around the 20?

At 4:28. Play action looked acceptable, but the robotic running is just stale after 4 years.

I like Martellus Bennett, which means I over rate him but this is a career highlight play. He makes the most nasty cut from the backfield I have ever seen, much less from a TE. Untouched from a dead 90 degree turn at full speed, so he gets WIDE open on the route for a TD.

The LB on the left cuts at a 90 degree angle to pursue, rather than stick with the HB off the play action. He instantly reacts intead of engaging with the HB. He should not know the play better than the offense.

The DE on the right side gets a terrible suction block, so the QB has no pressure.

Best of all Bennett (6'6 253) WORKS Nick Harper (5'10 182) hard. Backup TE against starting DB, your telling me Harper cant lay a hand on him? (user controlled diving tackle or not)

Again, at 4:52 we see a kick off run down to the field 25+ yards (full speed when the camera picks up so you know he has been running) before being engaged.

4:57 - Great juke animation. That said, the gunner goes from full speed to dead stop, snaps around in a 180 and instantly gets back to full speed.

If Chris Johnson is this good (5'11 200) then guys like Josh Cribbs and Devin Hester should be flat out unbeatable.

Hope I can find one used copy.

# 164 MattIntellect @ 07/14/09 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Wow. 20 pages that could be boiled down to maybe 2 just on game play. It should be ultra difficult to pick out flaws of a game at speed. It should play seamless, but it doesn't! Sterile and monotone announcing, if you didn't tell me I wouldn't know if this was a Pre Season or Super Bowl game minus the cut scenes.

Of all the prior concerns expressed, my main issues and bear in mind these issues kill online play. No physics, no momentum, its just every player can do the same regardless of size or height. Based off that game you would think Chris Johnson was a sure fire HOF'er.

At 3:40. Taking the ball out 8 yards in the end zone, and not even in position to get tackled until around the 20?

At 4:28. Play action looked acceptable, but the robotic running is just stale after 4 years.

I like Martellus Bennett, which means I over rate him but this is a career highlight play. He makes the most nasty cut from the backfield I have ever seen, much less from a TE. Untouched from a dead 90 degree turn at full speed, so he gets WIDE open on the route for a TD.

The LB on the left cuts at a 90 degree angle to pursue, rather than stick with the HB off the play action. He instantly reacts intead of engaging with the HB. He should not know the play better than the offense.

The DE on the right side gets a terrible suction block, so the QB has no pressure.

Best of all Bennett (6'6 253) WORKS Nick Harper (5'10 182) hard. Backup TE against starting DB, your telling me Harper cant lay a hand on him? (user controlled diving tackle or not)

Again, at 4:52 we see a kick off run down to the field 25+ yards (full speed when the camera picks up so you know he has been running) before being engaged.

4:57 - Great juke animation. That said, the gunner goes from full speed to dead stop, snaps around in a 180 and instantly gets back to full speed.

If Chris Johnson is this good (5'11 200) then guys like Josh Cribbs and Devin Hester should be flat out unbeatable.

Hope I can find one used copy.
That video was from an older build. Look at the end zones.

# 165 RyanMoody21 @ 07/14/09 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
That video was from an older build. Look at the end zones.
Maybe it was just on a different game or speed setting?

Matt, respectfully man, you seem like a decent guy. Unlike some other posters here you seem to at least keep things in perspective and don't dismiss the naysayers instantly.

That said, you can buy those lines and excuses. I wont. The game is the game, it is what it is. That (at least to me) does not replicate the NFL I watch. Nearly every quarter based video I have seen some body has a "once in a career" highlight play. Maybe thats to keep the game at a high tilt or exciting, but for me its a total downer.

# 166 MattIntellect @ 07/14/09 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Maybe it was just on a different game or speed setting?

Matt, respectfully man, you seem like a decent guy. Unlike some other posters here you seem to at least keep things in perspective and don't dismiss the naysayers instantly.

That said, you can buy those lines and excuses. I wont. The game is the game, it is what it is. That (at least to me) does not replicate the NFL I watch. Nearly every quarter based video I have seen some body has a "once in a career" highlight play. Maybe thats to keep the game at a high tilt or exciting, but for me its a total downer.
I think that the game was played well before E3, but we don't all think the same, so some of the things that you have problems with, may not be the same with me. I have to respect your opinion though, so by all means, buy the game if you truly think it will live up to your standards, but if not, you have no reason to. Try out the demo first though.

It's good to see somebody who is disappointed with Madden state things contructively. Good job man.

# 167 rckinAPhilliezhat @ 07/14/09 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Lmao...This really made me laugh though...

Ok, now stop this nonsense people!
lol im done...never meant for anybody to get sensitive.

# 168 smace767 @ 01/10/10 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Don't you mean a team that has won a lot ; the cowboys haven't won a playoff game in over ten years.
What can Eagles fans say now?

The Cowboys have more than the Eagles:
playoff appearences=30 NFL best
playoff wins
division titles=20 NFL best, in the toughest division and the only division with every team making the Superbowl at least 2 times and 3 teams winning at least 3 Superbowls. Guess who the only team in the division to not win a Superbowl, let alone 3. hint: their mascot can fly.

Superbowl appearences=8, NFL best
Superbowl wins =5
and just swept 3 vs the eagles this season and none of the games were really close.
Have a great off-season.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.