Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 navyboy09 @ 07/13/09 08:07 PM
it was ok...glad that they improving on the presentation but was kinda hard to see who was in the starting lineup.

# 122 krazyboy225 @ 07/13/09 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyboy09
it was ok...glad that they improving on the presentation but was kinda hard to see who was in the starting lineup.
yea it was a low quality video i think it was from an iPhone

# 123 Benicio10 @ 07/13/09 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
subjectivity is fantastic!

In your opinion, what DO NBA Players look like? From what I know, we have an art team with degrees from major universities that specialize in things like this.

Just thoughts...
all i know is they don't look like that pre-game video...

vs.

Look at the shoulders and overall bulk. The game looks like it has Marvel Comics versions of the players. All we ask for is accurate body proportions and sizes. Stay away from exaggeration, please.

# 124 23 @ 07/13/09 08:58 PM
Dude if youre going to quote one post of his and skip over the rest I dont know what to say to you.

This pic didnt look over\ bulky

http://www.operationsports.com/mediaview.php?id=608

# 125 rockets21 @ 07/13/09 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
LOL, take the advice from your sig my man
That was funny. I haven't laughed like that since Justin Timberlake hosted SNL

# 126 Benicio10 @ 07/13/09 09:05 PM
he said the Gasol image is a front shot, but even from the front, look how the shoulders pop out in the game, but they dip in real life. I want the devs to see the difference to be able to make the change in the game.

This kind of stuff existed in the Madden thread all year long. I'm providing a reference.

# 127 bateman11 @ 07/13/09 09:06 PM
Net and rims looks much more realistic. Just thought id point that out

# 128 stephensonmc @ 07/13/09 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
he said the Gasol image is a front shot, but even from the front, look how the shoulders pop out in the game, but they dip in real life. I want the devs to see the difference to be able to make the change in the game.

This kind of stuff existed in the Madden thread all year long. I'm providing a reference.
We see the difference benicio...

Fact of the matter is, the lighting is making it seem like that. I'm looking at Pau right now in edit player and he doesn't look crazy.

Is it perfect, no. Is any game?

# 129 youngfaze01 @ 07/13/09 09:17 PM
Yea, I agree Gasol can be slightly skinnier. But overall everything else is perfect. Idk Gasol looks alright to me anyways.

# 130 elev8rmuzik @ 07/13/09 09:21 PM
How are you guys making assessments on the lighting and the net looking more realistic?

Are there videos out there with better quality than what I'm seeing?

# 131 Meechie1013 @ 07/13/09 09:23 PM
Quote:

Fact of the matter is, the lighting is making it seem like that. I'm looking at Pau right now in edit player and he doesn't look crazy.

WTF PEOPLE GIVE THE DEVS A BREAK WITH THAT GASOL BODY STUFF. IF U REMEMBER LOOKING AT THE LATEST VIDEO OF BLAKE, THEN GASOLS BODY WAS SLIM LIKE IN REAL LIFE. IF U DONT REMEMBER TAKE A LOOK. SO JUST DROP IT.... STEPH IS GOING TO WIN SO NO NEED TO FN ARGUE!!!!!! OF COURSE NO GAME IS PERFECT SO DONT SWEAT IT.

# 132 Kully @ 07/13/09 09:35 PM
Don't really like the superman dance thing and Kobe brushing off, but I can overlook that because of the team photo thing. I think.

Love the player specific intro though, that looks like a nice bit of presentation missing in 09.

# 133 Kully @ 07/13/09 09:44 PM
True, Dwight likes to clown, but Kobe "Mr. Serious Face" Bryant doing that? lol.

Well, it's a game, it's meant to be fun, I won't put too much stock in that I guess. I'm just not high on it like others in the thread. Can't wait for the other stuff. Really do like the team photo thing though.

# 134 elev8rmuzik @ 07/13/09 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
The game looks very nice. I love how there will always be unstatisfied people though.

And who said NBA players arn't defined? LOL..are you kidding me? There's players that look skinny, but if you saw them in person they look like intimidating muscle heads, even guys like Earl Watson, Pau Gasol, and Tayshaun Prince.

Notice how none of those pics show a guy just standing there relaxing

# 135 navyboy09 @ 07/13/09 10:29 PM
it sound like this player model thing is starting to get personal.lol

# 136 Benicio10 @ 07/13/09 10:32 PM
Quote:

I beg to differ that it's the lighting, steph. If by lighting you mean there is a white glow around Gasol's shoulders making them look bigger, then that is not true, because even with the darker skinned players, their shoulders are very large and inflated looking.

I can see the shape, and it's not being skewed by lighting. Kobe's shoulders are not that round and big. None of them are. Watch the pre-game video again. Look at my screenshot grab. Their shoulders are too big.

Why not take the criticism and use it to improve the game rather than dismiss what I'm saying? I wouldn't take the time to post if I didn't care.

To show us, can you please post the edit player version of Gasol so we can compare it to this pre-game vid and to real life?

Also, while we're at it, Bynum looks a little too wide and fat also.

# 137 stephensonmc @ 07/13/09 10:42 PM
Quote:
I beg to differ that it's the lighting, steph. If by lighting you mean there is a white glow around Gasol's shoulders making them look bigger, then that is not true, because even with the darker skinned players, their shoulders are very large and inflated looking.

I can see the shape, and it's not being skewed by lighting. Kobe's shoulders are not that round and big. None of them are. Watch the pre-game video again. Look at my screenshot grab. Their shoulders are too big.

Why not take the criticism and use it to improve the game rather than dismiss what I'm saying? I wouldn't take the time to post if I didn't care.

To show us, can you please post the edit player version of Gasol so we can compare it to this pre-game vid and to real life?

Wow.....

You're right I guess. No use explaining. You'll see soon enough in a blog.

Not "dismissing" a thing my man. Please don't spin my words. We're all in this for the same reason.

# 138 Jamin23 @ 07/13/09 10:46 PM
Quote:

Wow!! You insist you know more than a developer that is working on the game and you have seen a couple of 5 second clip videos and a screenshot.

# 139 joeysosa @ 07/13/09 10:47 PM
Quote:
Wow.....

You're right I guess. No use explaining. You'll see soon enough in a blog.
I have trouble understanding why you act so surprised and defensive at the fact that people care about the game you're making and are going out of their way to help you do your job better. No need to mock them, all you're doing is alienating your most passionate fans.

I really expected more professionalism from EA.

# 140 bateman11 @ 07/13/09 10:51 PM
LOL.

marcus, you just cannot win man.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.