FIU1

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 GaryT531 @ 07/13/09 03:31 PM
awesome! thanks for posting that, adam.

# 2 thescoop @ 07/13/09 03:33 PM
Four or five years ago I'd have argued with Soutern Miss only having a three out of six, but now that's about right. Thanks for sharing. Get ready, Adam for the onslaught of roster and patch questions.

# 3 BBkobe87 @ 07/13/09 03:35 PM
guess I'll be waiting one more year for MSU to make the jump to a 4 star. Thought this would be the year. Heres to another good season!

# 4 coogrfan @ 07/13/09 03:38 PM
Not to nitpick, but rating Houston a two seems a tad low. How many of the other 2 star programs have been to a bowl game five out of the last six seasons?

EDIT: Houston has produced 3 second round NFL Draft picks since 2005. Not great, but I'm fairly confident none of the other two star programs can top that.

# 5 TrapStar215 @ 07/13/09 03:41 PM
Maryland with only 3? Come on that should be at least 4!

# 6 sportzbro @ 07/13/09 03:41 PM
*Prepares for comments about being negative*

Initial Thoughts & Opinions:

Syracuse is too high, they have been god awful for the last 4 or 5 years.
Iowa should be 4* - good season last year, plus a big bowl win last year deserves a bump
Iowa St. should be 2* - they have shown nothing the last several seasons to put them at the same prestige as Iowa or many of the other 3* star teams.
TCU should be 4* - Consistant last couple of seasons + a couple bowl wins
Washington St. should be 2* (sorry Potatoes) - did they go up one from 09? A 2 win season should severely diminish you're rep.

Otherwise these look pretty solid. Nice work.

# 7 utahman19 @ 07/13/09 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Not to nitpick, but rating Houston a two seems a tad low. How many of the other 2 star programs have been to a bowl game five out of the last six seasons?
Yeah, Houston should be a 3-star and TCU a 4-star. But overall, these seem all right.

# 8 wisecav @ 07/13/09 03:41 PM
Gotta say.. If Boise State and Utah are 5* then Penn State should be 6*. Course I think PSU should be 6* in the first place.

# 9 pistonchamps04 @ 07/13/09 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBkobe87
guess I'll be waiting one more year for MSU to make the jump to a 4 star. Thought this would be the year. Heres to another good season!
just wait till we get that rose this year

then i'll fly on Jan 2nd from LA to Orlando to shove it up EA's

# 10 MSUMAN777 @ 07/13/09 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBkobe87
im totally with u i thought msu would be a 4 star for sure. we should also b in the top 25. we are way better than all the teams 20-25 especially notre dame and iowa

# 11 utahman19 @ 07/13/09 03:45 PM
I could argue with Auburn and Nebraska being 5-star programs, they could easily be 4-star. I am fine with Florida State being a 5-star simply because Bowden is still there.

# 12 BBkobe87 @ 07/13/09 03:45 PM
Iowa and MSU should be 4 stars. Not seeing Maryland at 4 star though trapstar, sorry. 3 seems good for them

# 13 NoDakHusker @ 07/13/09 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecav
Gotta say.. If Boise State and Utah are 5* then Penn State should be 6*. Course I think PSU should be 6* in the first place.
Yeah I definitely think PSU should be 6* as well.

# 14 sportzbro @ 07/13/09 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
Syracuse is a 3*** just for the fact of what they accomplished long in the past in the days of Ernie Davis and Jim Brown.
LOL, in the 1950's

They should be a 1* or 2* program - fired coach, poor talent, consistently terrible. Haven't competed for anything meaningful in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Yeah I definitely think PSU should be 6* as well.
Agree, this was another one I was mulling over.

# 15 utahman19 @ 07/13/09 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecav
Sure. Boise State has as many BCS wins as Penn State (1) while Utah has as many BSC wins (2) as PSU has BCS appearances. I think PSU is right where they should be, especially with all the down years they had in this decade.

# 16 wisecav @ 07/13/09 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
Sure. Boise State has as many BCS wins as Penn State (1) while Utah has as many BSC wins (2) as PSU has BCS appearances. I think PSU is right where they should be, especially with all the down years they had in this decade.
Prestige = History
Penn State's history > Boise State's and Utah's history

That being said.. I think PSU is probably only 5* because they only have 2 National Championships.

# 17 sportzbro @ 07/13/09 03:52 PM
If they really wanted to stir up some controversy, they would have put Utah at 6*...which might have been OK imo.

# 18 shmoeco @ 07/13/09 03:53 PM
There is no way MSU should be a 3, they should be a 4 for sure.

i think boise state and utah are both to high. they wouldnt have such good records if they played in a real conference.

# 19 iLukeisamazing @ 07/13/09 03:54 PM
Wait? Is this current prestige or including past? If it includes past, these rankings are ridiculous, if it includes just maybe the last 2-3 years, then having Notre Dame as a 6* is a joke.

# 20 CM Hooe @ 07/13/09 03:55 PM
Open ramble, be warned.

I understand that a number of things go into how the prestige rating is determined, but I personally feel that Al Groh and Virginia recruit better and put better talent into the pros on a more consistent basis than many other 3* schools; in particular over the last three years we've had (by my count) four first-round draft picks (Ferguson, Long, Albert, Monroe) and we have had many other players have been drafted. Clearly the program's results and tradition of my Wahoos don't match up with many of the schools above them, however.

The reason this is a problem to me is that the current Prestige rating has too much of an overarching effect; it affects both recruiting and player progression and, along with on-the-field results to some extent, is the ONLY factor in determining player progression.

As such, I do think that the next logical step for Dynasty mode is a deeper prestige rating system that factors in the coach's ability to recruit, develop talent at particular position groups, get the most out of that talent on gameday. In addition, coach progression and regression in these attributes, and these coaches' various coordinators developing and going from school to school, and older coaches retiring, etc. should also be included. The current prestige ranking should remain and have some effect, but the differences between good and bad coaches, as well as coaches on the same tier with different strengths and weaknesses, needs to have an impact in the game as well.

End ramble. Flame away.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.