Western Michigan1
Western Kentucky1
FIU1

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 auburntigersfan @ 07/13/09 05:36 PM
Geez, some of you guys seem to think college football started in 2000.

# 102 aimiami @ 07/13/09 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
Geez, some of you guys seem to think college football started in 2000.
are you saying im one of them

# 103 fishepa @ 07/13/09 05:38 PM
I didn't know there were so many Kentucky football fans around.

# 104 blakeharrell @ 07/13/09 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Of course, they should have 6*'s. They have 12 National Championships.
How many does LSU and Florida have? 3 a piece?
Team Prestige is all about the team's all time history, IMO.
LOL, yeah except for about 1/3rd of those are mythical championships that should never have been given to or claimed by Alabama now IMO, or they were given by some minor publication of the time (Some years had several champions).

# 105 jeremym480 @ 07/13/09 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE1411
Same here, bro. I'm dearly sorry to notice that you live in Baton Rouge, LOL. Must be rough, but bitter; after that loss in OT last year
Yeah, I've lived here for almost a year and a half now. It's definitely not easy especially since everyone I work with (including my girlfriend who I've been dating for a year) are all LSU fans and even some are formed players. I get crap all the time!!

I went to the game last year and it was great!! The LSU fans were definitely a let down, IMO. The ones around me were actually quite tamed and good sports. I was surprised to say the least.

# 106 nikka @ 07/13/09 06:02 PM
Ole Miss a 3? We have more tradition and NC than 80% of that 4 star list.

# 107 jeremym480 @ 07/13/09 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeharrell
LOL, yeah except for about 1/3rd of those are mythical championships that should never have been given to or claimed by Alabama now IMO, or they were given by some minor publication of the time (Some years had several champions).
12 championship's = 12 championship's no matter how you cut it. Only Bama and ND have that many. Both schools are rated appropriately, IMO.

# 108 Husker_OS @ 07/13/09 06:04 PM
Didn't realize we had this many college football fans on this site...

I'm satisfied with Alabama's. Not so sure I'd put LSU as a 6*. At least not for the same reasons you would put Alabama and vice versa.

# 109 clw22580 @ 07/13/09 06:11 PM
I'm surprised they didn't create a 7 star category just for Free Shoes University. I mean come on we all know just how awesome the virtual Criminoles are year in and year out. FSU needs to be 7 stars in NCAA 11. Make it happen.

# 110 auburntigersfan @ 07/13/09 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimiami
are you saying im one of them
Nah, just in general with some of these guys. It had nothing to do with your post. I was reading guys saying bama shouldn't be a 6 star, and that Kentucky deserves to be higher for making a couple bowl games.

# 111 fishepa @ 07/13/09 06:34 PM
Quote:
12 championship's = 12 championship's no matter how you cut it.
Ummm....yeah

# 112 clayshime @ 07/13/09 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonchamps04
here are the facts buddy. i know quite a few players who were recruited and offered by ur buddy DickRod. they guy has the nickname for a reason. he has dick for a personality. he can't even recruit in his own state, and don't give me that "oh well he just recruits nationally" garbage, because quite frankly when it comes down to trying to run with the ball or catch the ball in 20 and 30 degree weather, and when it comes down to the rivalries against MSU and OSU, these kids won't understand and will treat it like a normal game.

Lloyd Carr...now that was a winner. that was a man with class. that was a man that i could respect, even as someone at State. but your buddy Rodriguez is a joke.

here's a few videos for you to watch just to prove my point

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=50706848

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=50708290

oh, and P.S., none of the actual UM - ANN ARBOR alumni (Flint and Dearborn are kinda a joke) that i know actually believe that he'll be around in 3 years. they believe the program is headed in the wrong direction, not because of his record, but because of his overall style
First off, to comment on the whole not recruiting Michigan thing. Watch HS football in Michigan, and then watch in FL/TX/OH. Its not the same thing. If we can recruit nationally, then who cares if we pull the #4 recruit in Michigan.

As for treating OSU like a normal game, what college kid can't get hyped up for playin any top 5/10 ranked team in the country? This is a bad arguement. They know what's at stake. I'd rather have a more talented kid than a kid who isn't as good but watched Michigan/OSU back in the 90s.

For your so called alumni friends, good for them being traditionalists. I personally prefer my team progress with the times. The spread will work in Ann Arbor. It didn't last year, and it may be average this year, but it will work. He will recruit the right sort of talent that he needs to succeed. Last year he was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, and any rational fan can realize that.

For the main topic, I agree that MSU should be 4* and Penn St should be 6*.

# 113 travis a.d. @ 07/13/09 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikka
Ole Miss a 3? We have more tradition and NC than 80% of that 4 star list.
Not to mention you were the only team to beat those chumps from Gainesville last year.

# 114 utahman19 @ 07/13/09 07:47 PM
Quote:
12 championship's = 12 championship's no matter how you cut it. Only Bama and ND have that many. Both schools are rated appropriately, IMO.
Sweet.

Utah = 2008 National Champions

http://www.fanspoll.com/

# 115 nikka @ 07/13/09 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
Sweet.

Utah = 2008 National Champions

http://www.fanspoll.com/

Utah couldn't hold Florida's jock, for that matter Oklahoma's or Texas's.
One can dream though.. so quit crying and replace Wash State in the PAC 1

# 116 tyler741 @ 07/13/09 08:17 PM
lol Iowa 3*

terrible judgment on most of these ratings

# 117 Jase24 @ 07/13/09 08:58 PM
I'm happy with the 6 star rating for Alabama, things are turning around now and hopefully it won't be too long before adding #13 to the trophy room.

As far as the 12 National Championships, the NCAA officially recognizes Alabama with having 12, we only claim 12, and there are some that were given to us that we don't claim.

# 118 PolishHill @ 07/13/09 09:13 PM
As a Penn State fan I can see the argument for or against giving us a sixth star. Personally though I think, like a lot of others here, that the system needs to be reevaluated and expanded. It has to be possible to improve it and implement the previously mentioned half stars. I think PSU would be a perfect fit for a hypothetical 5.5 star area. How much effect would a half star have on recruiting and other aspects of the game? I have no idea but there's so many possible debates about this and that teams placement and to be honest for the enormous range of differing prestige increasing the scale seems a good idea.

Another idea I just had which may not be feasible but I know I'd prefer is adjusting prestige drastically. Have two different aspects "Historical" and "Recent". Although we could debate it does a NC from the 60's have the same power that one from this decade would? The level of competition being so much higher should really keep that in mind. But by breaking the system into two a school like Notre Dame might have 6 stars in Historical but a much much lower Recent ranking. Recent could factor in the last 3-10 years, I'd lean towards 5 but what do you all think?

# 119 jsquigg @ 07/13/09 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonchamps04
here are the facts buddy. i know quite a few players who were recruited and offered by ur buddy DickRod. they guy has the nickname for a reason. he has dick for a personality. he can't even recruit in his own state, and don't give me that "oh well he just recruits nationally" garbage, because quite frankly when it comes down to trying to run with the ball or catch the ball in 20 and 30 degree weather, and when it comes down to the rivalries against MSU and OSU, these kids won't understand and will treat it like a normal game.

Lloyd Carr...now that was a winner. that was a man with class. that was a man that i could respect, even as someone at State. but your buddy Rodriguez is a joke.

here's a few videos for you to watch just to prove my point

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=50706848

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=50708290

oh, and P.S., none of the actual UM - ANN ARBOR alumni (Flint and Dearborn are kinda a joke) that i know actually believe that he'll be around in 3 years. they believe the program is headed in the wrong direction, not because of his record, but because of his overall style
ClASSy post, buddy. I don't recall insulting your school because of its mediocre tradition. Tate Forcier is more highly touted than his brother, but I never made him out to be Vince Young. I'll remember your Rodriguez insults when we roll you at East Lansing. Rodriguez doesn't have to recruit better in state when he crushed D'Antonio nationally. Have fun hoping MSU has turned the corner..... Oh yeah, you still haven't won anything significant.

# 120 TracerBullet @ 07/13/09 09:49 PM
I think Navy & Houston should be 3 star programs if schools like Toledo, Iowa State, Syracuse, & WSU are. Navy and Houston are pretty consistent at making bowl games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.