Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 rckabillyRaider @ 07/20/09 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaints26
They managed to put in all of the fluff and crisp graphics but the Extra Point just has no substance. I was actually excited when I heard Alex Flanagan mention highlights, only to be disappointing by a box score and a few individual stats. I probably will rarely watch this, outside of maybe the postseason.
I believe there is highlights but this particular user clicked on another menu item right away.

# 62 43Chargers4Now @ 07/20/09 10:09 PM
The interface looks pretty good.

# 63 Altimus @ 07/20/09 10:20 PM
Not bad, I didn't even know they'll have this. Good thing though to work on for the future as they added a lot of stuff this year.

Also am I the only one bothered by that BK advertisement in the in-game menu?

# 64 WeLLWeLL @ 07/20/09 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
In game advertisements dont bother me in sports titles as thats what you see in a broad cast, every thing is always "brought to you by". I only have problems with in game advertisements when they appear forced. In other words i wouldnt want to see an ad for Pepsi while im roaming the wasteland in Fallout 3.
Nuka-Cola > Pepsi

# 65 JAYMO76 @ 07/20/09 10:45 PM
After seeing the terrible presentation in NCAA 10 this year (and the past few years) it will be refreshing to see something new. I am looking forward to seeing how much presentation adds to Madden as I HAVE FOUND THE GAME REALLY EMOTIONLESS THE LAST FEW YEARS!

# 66 jmood88 @ 07/20/09 10:53 PM
It looked like it was going to be cool until they only showed screens instead of any highlights.

# 67 TreyIM2 @ 07/20/09 10:57 PM
I think this is a step in the right direction. I think EA is going to have to develop new/improved commentary tech to really get that working well. For now, I can accept that what's there is ok based on all the other improvements this game is showing and said to have.

I did notice a prob with the halftime show showing other games being at halftime while the game being actually played that went to halftime was a Monday Night Game. Oops? I hope it was just an old build and that's fixed, by now.
Overall, I cannot complain about what I have seen of this game. Can't wait til my pre-order demo code is active on Thurs. I read that Gold members on XBL will get access to the shorter demo on Thurs, as well, although that was supposed to release next week. PSN will still get it next week. I will play that one next week, as well.

# 68 TennesseeVols16 @ 07/20/09 11:05 PM
Don't know if any one noticed this, but in the Halftime vid when it shows the highlight of Will Allen picking off a pass from Manning, I believe it says "Interception by Will Allen for 25 yards". He didn't even get out of the endzone. This needs to fixed, but other than that, I'm very pleased with both the XP Show and Halftime Show. Can't wait 'til August 14th!

# 69 Beefyeggmuck @ 07/20/09 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It looked like it was going to be cool until they only showed screens instead of any highlights.
Odd. The link took me to a video with highlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
I gotta give EA their propers(old skool slang)
Wow u r cool bruh.

# 70 Lodeus @ 07/20/09 11:20 PM
Both look awesome. Makes Madden have a new feel too it instead of the same old thing.

# 71 DENNISJR60 @ 07/20/09 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
What link did you click on?

# 72 jmood88 @ 07/20/09 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNISJR60
What link did you click on?
I went to IGN and looked at their extra point show video, which had no highlights.

# 73 MattIntellect @ 07/20/09 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodeus
Both look awesome. Makes Madden have a new feel too it instead of the same old thing.
Exactly! We haven't had anything for halftime in Madden since the 90's! Who would have thought that something that remained on our wishlists for over 10 years would finally be implemented? All I can say is WOW! I thought that the halftime report that was shown during E3 was okay, but no where near 2k5's, but now I think Madden's halftime report can fairly compete with what 2k5 had. The Extra Point is a great name and probably something that will evolve in the Madden franchise that allows them to use NFL Network under this name. Madden's franchise mode haven't been interesting since Madden 2005's EA Sports Radio Show. I think that if they brought this back along with the Extra Point, then Madden would have the Ultimate franchise mode presentation. At least we can safely say that Madden's presentation will grow, but at this point it's looking better than anything we've ever had in the Madden NFL franchise.

# 74 RedZoneD25 @ 07/21/09 12:12 AM
lol...jaguires

and marcus colston apparently

# 75 Rawdeal28 @ 07/21/09 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave
This actually looks like it will keep me ENGAGED in franchise mode for multiple seasons.

Something that has been lacking in the past. HUGE improvement.

I can't wait to see that rookie I found in the 6th round get a segment on the weekly wrap-up show. It will make everything just that much more rewarding and engaging.
yeah i agree. last years franchise was so bland. terrible. i like this much better. reminds of 2005 franchise and i 5-6 seasons deep in that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Im wondering if EA made Fran Charles and Alex record the names of all possible (8,000) draftees, so in the later years of franchise they actually say their names instead of "the player" or "number 32".
i highly doubt it. even without it they still did a good job.

# 76 zrtelford @ 07/21/09 12:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/zrtelford

Check out my videos on my channel...pretty sweet!

# 77 Moegames @ 07/21/09 12:27 AM
Wow..that halftime show is alot better then what i thought... what a nice surprise, like someone else said...i can defiantely live with that, nice stuff, im impressed with the half time show..

# 78 afro_dogg20 @ 07/21/09 12:30 AM
Extra Point looks awesome, and i'm loving the new franchise menu.

# 79 JB0B0 @ 07/21/09 12:31 AM
yeah its a lot better than i previously thought

# 80 bigD_916 @ 07/21/09 12:42 AM
Seems to me like they hauled some major a** since E3 on the extra point show and half time show. Looks smoother, sounds smoother, and they added scores and top performers. Looks alot better then i expected!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.