Madden 2010 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 lamoyou318 @ 07/21/09 12:46 AM
nevamind this looks wack compared to NFL 2K5 but great compared to Madden 09

# 82 ty5oke @ 07/21/09 03:42 AM
Are we positive there won't be any highlights during the Extra Point week recap show. When the girl starts talking in the video she says, "up first highlights and stats from the weekend's best games.."

The game is looking good.

# 83 shift9k @ 07/21/09 04:17 AM
I gotta say its pretty cool.

Cheers.

# 84 ZoneBlitz @ 07/21/09 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
EA, suffers from jock syndrome, it is time to actually get some actors to breath some life into the commentating and the halftime show. I think that was one of the advantages visual concepts had over madden by being in california and near a lot of thespians.

They know how to perform, the extra point would be miles better if they got rid of the humans visually used that space just for audio, have an actor project emotion through his or hers voice inflexion(sp).

These jocks and journalist are bland and boring.
Good point.

# 85 Exonerated @ 07/21/09 04:31 AM
These journalist give it the authentic feel. Like i'm watching NFL network. Not my local radio show,

# 86 johnprestonevans @ 07/21/09 07:29 AM
This is already looking a lot better than it did at E3. Im getting very excited for some true broadcast flare being brought back to NFL vids. Madden 10 team - great job on this.

# 87 Deegeezy @ 07/21/09 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
These journalist give it the authentic feel. Like i'm watching NFL network. Not my local radio show,
You know what would really set it off? If they added a radio show on top of this a la the Tony Bruno show.

If they continue to make the out of game experience more media-dominated, Madden will be unmatched. Imagine listening to Tony Bruno talk about what is going on around the league and then after listening to him, going to the Extra Point show. Maybe even add magazine/newspaper articles as well.

# 88 lint @ 07/21/09 07:35 AM
Why do people want a half time/weekly show that have precreated highlights from any game that you haven't played? 2k feel off with their basketball game College Hoops 2k8 when all the highlights were canned even your own game was not saved.
I then ask people, how do you render highlights that have not happened through the game engine? Then answer is you can't. So as long as you guys are okay with prescripted highlights, I assume they will probably be in next year. I could care less about those highlight shows because they are not actual game footage.

# 89 Deegeezy @ 07/21/09 07:42 AM
Well this looks to be a night game so all of the scores being FINAL on the halftime score update looks to be legit. It will be interesting to see if these are shown as real time scores when playing a day game.

# 90 johnprestonevans @ 07/21/09 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
You know what would really set it off? If they added a radio show on top of this a la the Tony Bruno show.

If they continue to make the out of game experience more media-dominated, Madden will be unmatched. Imagine listening to Tony Bruno talk about what is going on around the league and then after listening to him, going to the Extra Point show. Maybe even add magazine/newspaper articles as well.
I couldnt agree more. MORE media is a good thing. I think EA has really set some solid groundwork this year by focusing on a key area of any modern-day sports game: presentation. I'd love to see the Tony Bruno content return, and for Ian's merry men to continue to push the envelope with more editorial content - ie. "live" scores & highlights from other franchise games accessable from a running ticker, full commentary of highlights, further insign into the impact of a team winning or loosing and all that good stuff that puts the league in perspective. Every season, every game, every series is a story unfolding. THATS they true drama of the NFL. Im hoping they continue to develop in this area.

# 91 Deegeezy @ 07/21/09 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
Why do people want a half time/weekly show that have precreated highlights from any game that you haven't played? 2k feel off with their basketball game College Hoops 2k8 when all the highlights were canned even your own game was not saved.
I then ask people, how do you render highlights that have not happened through the game engine? Then answer is you can't. So as long as you guys are okay with prescripted highlights, I assume they will probably be in next year. I could care less about those highlight shows because they are not actual game footage.
Agreed.

I wish we could watch our own highlight show from the game we played at the very least though.

# 92 johnprestonevans @ 07/21/09 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Well this looks to be a night game so all of the scores being FINAL on the halftime score update looks to be legit. It will be interesting to see if these are shown as real time scores when playing a day game.
+1

# 93 Deegeezy @ 07/21/09 08:17 AM
Has anyone ever seen the HOME team's fan's celebrating with their team while going in at halftime. Every screen and video I have seen has featured the road team being the one to get props from their fans.

# 94 marcoyk @ 07/21/09 08:28 AM
The extra point wasn't great but it's definitely a huge improvement from previous years' games. I'm liking what I'm seeing.

# 95 LastEmp88 @ 07/21/09 08:57 AM
i can see why some people want this, but I don't see myself ever watching it more than once

Watching unnatural commentary on stats that I don't care about regarding other CPU controlled games is boring as hell. Maybe if they have actual highlights from the user games it might be decent to watch.

I just wanna play the game and have great amazing gameplay. I don't care about all this fluff

# 96 FlyingFinn @ 07/21/09 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
NFL 2k5 the highlights from the games you played were real in the halftime/post-game and weekly wrap up show. The highlights from games you did not play matched plays of the simmed game but they were pre-canned. (i.e. They wouldn't show an interception highlight if there weren't any interceptions in the game). Most importantly, the highlights were broken down during the shows which really added great immersion factor to the shows and franchise mode. I only hope Madden heads in that direction.

One thing I don't like is showing real video footage of the studio people then showing "video game graphics" highlights. There is just too much of a disjoint there that ruins the immersion. I would much rather have virtual studio hosts in a virtual studio so all the graphics matched.

# 97 RGiles36 @ 07/21/09 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Interesting comments. I think I agree.

Seeing real people is obviously nice at first, but it does lessen the immersion. I'd take 2K5's version of Chris Berman over seeing the real person.
This slices two ways though... I liked virtual Chris Berman, but it was an eyesore to watch his mouth move WAY OFF from the audio. Not a big deal, but it was irritating at times.

# 98 Deegeezy @ 07/21/09 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn

One thing I don't like is showing real video footage of the studio people then showing "video game graphics" highlights. There is just too much of a disjoint there that ruins the immersion. I would much rather have virtual studio hosts in a virtual studio so all the graphics matched.
You know what, you're right about this. I like how well this was implemented but I think that the studio hosts being re life people kind of magnifies the divide between the real world and your imaginary world that is your franchise.

Hopefully, they have several different takes of the show (maybe even with different outfits) so that the human actors at least do things different from week to week. It could become quite repetitive seeing the same introduction with the same mannerisms and voice patterns week after week.

# 99 TDKing @ 07/21/09 10:05 AM
Half time better than last year but still pitifull. Did they actually sit back and watch it then say yeah we nailed it ! Come on... wow. I bet they just skipped through it just like everybody else is goiing to do. EA is the master of trying to do something good but then flubbing it. Guys do it right or don't do it its that simple. Constructive tip... screens are nice but you need more commentary... this isn't the 8 bit era were I need to read everything. I want to sit back drink a brew and watch/Listen to the halftime/post game shows. I don't want to read anything.

# 100 splff3000 @ 07/21/09 10:16 AM
That was pretty nice. Definitely a good first try. Hopefully it'll get better with later Maddens. I must say I'm slightly impressed. Good job EA.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.