Home
News Post

Anybody can throw a punch. It’s evading those punches that make boxing the sport it is. Fight Night Round 4 retains that quality by rewarding patient fighters with a counter-punch system, while also letting knockout artists enjoy their time in the sun as well.

But at the end of the day, while slugfests are fun, they are not conducive to consistent success. Getting a knockout is nice, but winning on the scorecards definitely still counts. So here are some tools of the trade for the sweet science. They won’t guarantee you a victory, but you will avoid the toss-up nature of a brawl.

Read More - Fight Night Round 4: Strategical Mindsets

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Complex @ 07/21/09 11:41 AM
chea!

# 2 IStillDoWhatIDo @ 07/21/09 01:12 PM
my strategy going into a fight is based on my opponents record and their boxer of choice.

if they have a sorry record, I'm looking for a KO within the first 3 rounds. if they're good, I'm looking to box, but 8 times out o 10, they'll be body spamming, so it ends up being a slug fest of sorts because they FORCE close action..

# 3 TheUndisputedKingLBJ @ 07/21/09 01:32 PM
i do this and im still gettin whopped lmao

# 4 clivo1050 @ 07/21/09 02:25 PM
If you fight realistically, you will win the majority of the time. It's the body spammers who are very tough to beat. I forget my record but i'm roughly 160-25 in WC mode online. Bob & weave, mix up combos, get in and out and use head movement. This is a recipe for success.

# 5 Birdman18 @ 07/21/09 10:14 PM
hey Bed Bug, get the hell outta here... funny how you took all this time to read this post, and the time to criticize it in a whole paragraph just to call the guy a douche.. get a life guy... FAIL

# 6 Chavez21 @ 07/21/09 10:43 PM
Hey BedBug, if you were literate you would notice that the entire article is about staying away from the slugfest.

# 7 Phoenix29 @ 07/22/09 02:23 AM
I have only went the distance once, and somehow pulled that one off I either dominate in 5 or 6 rounds, or I get rocked by a haymaker haha. Definitely need to learn how to block better, and probably turn up the difficulty.

# 8 JerzeyReign @ 07/22/09 04:46 PM
Played FNR4 the first two days it came out and haven't touched it since, online is pointless because some people just like to swing away, plus I'm a button person so until that comes back I'm not touching it...

# 9 lazerROOSTER @ 07/23/09 05:35 AM
Cool article still really enjoying this game. I am def one of those people who gets frustrated with the blocking opponents.

# 10 Phoenix29 @ 07/24/09 12:41 PM
yeah those are the worst kind of people, who are good and then are also cheesers.

# 11 PureBoxingFan @ 07/24/09 03:26 PM
I don't blame the spammers. EA shouldn't have allowed the spammers to get away with cheap wins. I really hope the dlc (it better be free) fixes the problems with FNR4. They really messed this version up.

# 12 Po Pimp @ 07/24/09 05:30 PM
This doesn't always work, but one of my strategies is simple:

I let the other guy miss punches until it gets halfway. At this point, I go for the body, and once their stamina is depleted, I start trading punches. Usually, this is when I have a fighter who is weaker, so the stronger puncher thinks he's automatically gonna win a trade off, but that isn't the case.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.