Home
Madden 2010 News Post

IGN has posted 2 Madden NFL 10 videos, featuring Madden Moments.

Steelers vs. Cardinals

Colts vs. Vikings

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 droopizzle34 @ 07/22/09 07:22 PM
no doubt the game looks great,I just hope it PLAYS great.....t minus 23 days and counting....

# 22 roadman @ 07/22/09 07:32 PM
I'm sure Collingsworth and Hammond had to come in to add all the extra lines about the QB's missing the mark on their throws.

I couldn't let that one go by.

Good to see.

Hey BB, we agree on something. I noticed the FB didn't plow into the endzone as well.

# 23 CoHouse2814 @ 07/22/09 07:32 PM
im not feeling the pass rush from shotgun plays. i hope thats not the final build

# 24 Netherscourge @ 07/22/09 07:33 PM
Why is Pittsburgh kicking an extra point when they have the lead with no time left on the clock at the end of the game?

As soon as they scored the go-ahead TD the game should have been over right then and there...

In fact - Collinsworth and Hammond are talking about the great finish to the game while the Steelers are lining up for the meaningless extra point LOL

# 25 DGuinta1 @ 07/22/09 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Why is Pittsburgh kicking an extra point when they have the lead with no time left on the clock at the end of the game?

As soon as they scored the go-ahead TD the game should have been over right then and there...

doh!

# 26 Ian_Cummings @ 07/22/09 07:36 PM
Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extra_point#NFL

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_you_kic..._time_runs_out

# 27 Netherscourge @ 07/22/09 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

Why just kick an extra point then? Why not just go for 2?

Is there a tie-breaker scenario for total points or something?

EDIT - ah - now that makes sense. I stand corrected!

# 28 PuddleMonkey @ 07/22/09 07:39 PM
Can we have the Bills rating already? I've been waiting forever checking that ESPN link 20+ times a day

# 29 Netherscourge @ 07/22/09 07:43 PM
Do points scored in overtime count toward tie-breaker scenarios? If so, then why would they not allow extra points or conversions in overtime?

Or are only points scored in regulation counted?

Example - lets say the Eagles are vs. the Cowboys in overtime...

The Eagles need 7 more points to clinch a playoff spot via tie-breaker scenarios. They drive the field in overtime and score a TD - 6 points.

Game over?

If the game ends there, they don't get the playoff spot? In fact, would they have already lost the playoff spot before the overtime period even began then, since it's impossible to score 7 points on a single scoring play?

# 30 Rebel10 @ 07/22/09 07:48 PM
Playcalling fail at the end... fake spike .... QB ... sneak?

Videos look good tho other than that and maybe the weak commentary given the moment. With 25 seconds left and the Colts driving, no matter how good Peyton manning is, the color guy wouldn't say what he would say after the deep pass to Clark, because the moment is too big for such a long winded, irrelevent remark.

Positives though: loved how the two passed floated on the QBs... the one to Clark that was well out of bounds is what I like to see, because QB's just miss guys 50% of the time, and that was just a plain miss. The pocket presence/pressure looks spot on, IMO, as well as the QB's movement in the pocket.

Playcalling at the end by the Vikings and the commentary is a downer, but the rest looks really good.

# 31 BroMontana82 @ 07/22/09 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
That looked a bit silly.

Also, the second defender to get there on the Miller catch seem to just fall over rather than get involved in the tackle.
yeah this better not be in the retail version

# 32 CoHouse2814 @ 07/22/09 07:50 PM
Quote:
Do points scored in overtime count toward tie-breaker scenarios? If so, then why would they not allow extra points or conversions in overtime?

Or are only points scored in regulation counted?
because in overtime its the first to score in the NFL. dont matter if its 2,3 or 6 once u score the game is over and everything after is omitted(extra point, conversion)

# 33 CoHouse2814 @ 07/22/09 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Tackling, tackling, tackling, why doesn't the CPU bring the wood? I just can't get over it, it really erks me to no end. The end user tackles are good, but the cpu they just puzzyfoot around and play grab azz(old 70's football jargon, my era) Where are the hitters? the guys who aren't afraid to put their head in there.

Give me tacklers or give me death, am I being overly dramatic?

no. i saw that too. soft tackles and the pass rush on shotgun plays stand out on those 2 videos

# 34 Netherscourge @ 07/22/09 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
because in overtime its the first to score in the NFL. dont matter if its 2,3 or 6 once u score the game is over and everything after is omitted(extra point, conversion)

Here's an example I posted:

Example - lets say the Eagles are vs. the Cowboys in overtime... game is tied.

The Eagles need 7 more points to clinch a playoff spot via tie-breaker scenarios. They drive the field in overtime and score a TD - 6 points.

Game over? No extra point?

If the game ends there, they don't get the playoff spot? In fact, would they have already lost the playoff spot before the overtime period even began then, since it's impossible to score 7 points on a single scoring play? Then why bother playing it out?

Why would the extra points at the end of regulation count for a team, but in overtime they wouldn't?

That seems very strange to me.

# 35 NC State-31 UNC-27 @ 07/22/09 07:55 PM
Agreed pass rush isn't there and I noticed the weak tackles as well. I do like the slowed pace. Commentary is horrible IMO.

# 36 BroMontana82 @ 07/22/09 07:57 PM
also, i like how it really looks like fatigue plays a factor this year and we've been seeing a lot more red and so forth in these videos this year. i wonder how fatigue affects the players though? what if an 80 rated WR with 60% fatigue is up against a 70 rated CB with 90% fatigue? how are the matchups and ratings logic affected?

# 37 GOxGETTA @ 07/22/09 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNISJR60
What the hell is Ward doing getting stuck into his own player while going in motion? Did I really see that? Then he goes in front of him to get by him possibly crossing the line of scrimmage...
lmaoo thats too funny o well, we jus gunna have to rock out wit it

# 38 CoHouse2814 @ 07/22/09 08:03 PM
Quote:

If the game ends there, they don't get the playoff spot? In fact, would they have already lost the playoff spot before the overtime period even began then, since it's impossible to score 7 points on a single scoring play? Then why bother playing it out?

Why would the extra points at the end of regulation count for a team, but in overtime they wouldn't?

ummm that example wont happen in the NFL cause playoff spots are not determine by points scored. or maybe im confused at what u getting at?

# 39 MattIntellect @ 07/22/09 08:19 PM
Quote:

I'm confused. How is the game tied in overtime and the Eagles need 7 more points to clinch a playoff spot? Once you go into overtime, the team that scores first(a touchdown, safety, field goal, etc) WINS THE GAME! The extra point is not needed because they've already broken the TIE after scoring. If no one scores during overtime then both teams lose. Ex: 2008 Eagles.

# 40 ViciousFoLife @ 07/22/09 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
I loooved the overthrown passes! So awesome. However, I did not like the DB AI, specifically on the crossing routes. WRs are still wide open. Defenders still don't know how to stay with their receivers in man coverage.....
We don;t know the difficulty setting that was being played on, I'd assume knowing IGN they did it on Pro or rookie so that would explain why WR were grandly open. I'm sure when bumped up to All Pro or Madden we'll see less of that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.