Home
Madden 2010 News Post

IGN has posted 2 Madden NFL 10 videos, featuring Madden Moments.

Steelers vs. Cardinals

Colts vs. Vikings

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 da bucs gm @ 07/22/09 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
also, i like how it really looks like fatigue plays a factor this year and we've been seeing a lot more red and so forth in these videos this year. i wonder how fatigue affects the players though?
What I'm worried about is whether the cpu will automatically sub out those players in red til they are back green again.

# 42 bcruise @ 07/22/09 08:30 PM
1:50 of the PIT/ARZ vid is a nice example of Pro-Tak in a "normal" situation (ie not breaking a 5-man tackle). All 3 guys were clearly on Parker as he was going down.

Looking forward to seeing this myself tomorrow!

# 43 shorty12345 @ 07/22/09 08:31 PM
Man the graphics look sweet, the crowd sounds good. I really like the way the helmets look. Only thing i didn't like was Hines Ward getting stuck with his man while in motion.

# 44 JAYMO76 @ 07/22/09 08:38 PM
During the Steelers clip does the PA announcer really say that the winning fan gets an all-inclusive trip with the cheerleader of his choice?

# 45 Bloppy @ 07/22/09 08:43 PM
Hahaha. Yeah I noticed that as well. Too funny.

# 46 unisol_us @ 07/22/09 08:46 PM
Man Mathis got up field real fast in that Indy video. Just like the Colts ends do in real life. Glad to see they captured even a little bit of that personality on defense.

# 47 roadman @ 07/22/09 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Tackling, tackling, tackling, why doesn't the CPU bring the wood? I just can't get over it, it really erks me to no end. The end user tackles are good, but the cpu they just puzzyfoot around and play grab azz(old 70's football jargon, my era) Where are the hitters? the guys who aren't afraid to put their head in there.

Give me tacklers or give me death, am I being overly dramatic?
Maybe a bit over dramatic.

In NCAA 10, there are bone jarring hits by the CPU that I just cringe. Here's hoping NCAA carries over to Madden.

# 48 Triathlete_201 @ 07/22/09 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty12345
Only thing i didn't like was Hines Ward getting stuck with his man while in motion.
Yeah, it would be nice if Ian would comment on this...

# 49 En Fuego @ 07/22/09 09:09 PM
Is it me or is Addai's body off?

# 50 Netherscourge @ 07/22/09 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I'm confused. How is the game tied in overtime and the Eagles need 7 more points to clinch a playoff spot? Once you go into overtime, the team that scores first(a touchdown, safety, field goal, etc) WINS THE GAME! The extra point is not needed because they've already broken the TIE after scoring. If no one scores during overtime then both teams lose. Ex: 2008 Eagles.

I'm talking about playoff tie-breaker scenarios:

http://football.about.com/cs/footbal...iebreakers.htm

1. Head-to-Head
2. Division Record
3. Common Games
4. Conference Record
5. Strength of Victory
6. Strength of Schedule
7. Combined Ranking Among Conference Teams (points scored and points allowed)
8. Combined Ranking Among All Teams (points scored and points allowed)
9. Net Points (common games)
10. Net Points (all games)
11. Net Touchdowns (all games)

Total number of points scored in regular season games CAN be used to determine certain tie-breakers for playoff spots and seeding.

Sure the Eagles may have won THAT ONE GAME by 6 points, but only being allowed to score 6 points in overtime instead of 7 prevents them from securing a playoff-tie breaker.

Had they scored the TD at the end of regulation, they would have been allowed to kick an extra point.

It seems silly to not allow it in overtime, since what would be the point of tying to win at that point? If they are not getting into the playoffs regardless of whether they win overtime at that point, they might as well let the other team win so they can move up a spot in the draft!

By denying the extra point in overtime, the rules remove the incentive to win in that situation.

# 51 djordan @ 07/22/09 09:19 PM
Man im STILL not feeling the emotion in this game post-play... Where is it? I mean the presentation is better 10X but man where is the emotion? After the whistle everyone turns into zombies.

# 52 Hammerhunker @ 07/22/09 09:23 PM
Are their specific throwing motions for different QBs? Big Ben's and Tom Brady's motions sure look like the real thing. Just wondering because I never read anything about that.

# 53 beau21 @ 07/22/09 09:26 PM
Have either of these been uploaded to YouTube yet?

Dang iPhones don't support flash videos..

# 54 ViciousFoLife @ 07/22/09 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Are their specific throwing motions for different QBs? Big Ben's and Tom Brady's motions sure look like the real thing. Just wondering because I never read anything about that.
Yes there are they made a custom throwing animation for 30+ Qbs

# 55 Cryolemon @ 07/22/09 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
I'm talking about playoff tie-breaker scenarios:

http://football.about.com/cs/footbal...iebreakers.htm

1. Head-to-Head
2. Division Record
3. Common Games
4. Conference Record
5. Strength of Victory
6. Strength of Schedule
7. Combined Ranking Among Conference Teams (points scored and points allowed)
8. Combined Ranking Among All Teams (points scored and points allowed)
9. Net Points (common games)
10. Net Points (all games)
11. Net Touchdowns (all games)

Total number of points scored in regular season games CAN be used to determine certain tie-breakers for playoff spots and seeding.

Sure the Eagles may have won THAT ONE GAME by 6 points, but only being allowed to score 6 points in overtime instead of 7 prevents them from securing a playoff-tie breaker.

Had they scored the TD at the end of regulation, they would have been allowed to kick an extra point.

It seems silly to not allow it in overtime, since what would be the point of tying to win at that point? If they are not getting into the playoffs regardless of whether they win overtime at that point, they might as well let the other team win so they can move up a spot in the draft!

By denying the extra point in overtime, the rules remove the incentive to win in that situation.
As far as I know they've never had to go past Common games in real life.

# 56 ZoneBlitz @ 07/22/09 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
So nice to see some overthrown passes.
I was so happy, I almost cried.

Overall the game looks really, really good. I'm really impressed. I can't wait to see the demo tomorrow. I'm so excited.

# 57 ZoneBlitz @ 07/22/09 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim
Colinsworth sounds amazing in the Colts video that I am watching now. Now lets find a play by play guy who doesnt sound like a computer/robot and were good.
Ditto. The play-by-play guy sounds like a robot.

# 58 spankdatazz22 @ 07/22/09 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Man im STILL not feeling the emotion in this game post-play... Where is it? I mean the presentation is better 10X but man where is the emotion? After the whistle everyone turns into zombies.
It's those stiff azz animations - don't flow well. And no one interacts.

# 59 Triathlete_201 @ 07/22/09 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I know what you are saying. All the new art work is great looking, but like always, lifeless. The game looks 30x better then last year. I still wonder if it will get stale fast with no emotion. Emotion is one of the best things about watching/playing football.
Agreed. I can see that Tiburon has put much more effort into the presentation and excitement in this years Madden but it still feels lifeless and faked. It just doesn't flow well and a lot of it looks and sounds out of place. Definitely improved, but they need to get their presentation to the same level as their graphics. From watching the videos, I give the graphics a 9.5 and atmosphere/presentation a 6.

# 60 djordan @ 07/22/09 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
It's those stiff azz animations - don't flow well. And no one interacts.
Exactly man... I mean I give IAN and the crew props 100X for all the presentation upgrades but the stiff *** robocop animations take away from all of that.

Players Running

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.