Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted an article on the Five Things to Know about NBA Live 10.

Quote:
"Chris Paul pops a 3 to give the Hornets the lead and as he pumps his fists in celebration, you hear Ric Flair's trademark "Woo!" blare out over the PA system to help hype the crowd.

Play as the Warriors and the Oakland crowd greets sharpshooting Italian Marco Belinelli with chants of "Rocky! Rocky!"

Bring the Magic to the playoffs and you'll even see Dwight Howard bust out the "Superman" dance prior to tipoff.

These are just some of the enhancements made to the overall atmosphere of EA Sports' basketball series for "NBA Live 10," a franchise that has struggled both in sales and in perception as of late, making EA the underdog in its roundball rivalry with 2K Sports and its award-winning "NBA 2K" series. But don't just think all of "Live's" changes are simply a series of woos, chants and Soulja Boy dance steps as EA also promises some amazing strides forward in terms of game play, introducing new elements like the size-up dribble."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 elev8rmuzik @ 07/23/09 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11

*The Hangar - Test out your moves with the best NBA players in new, cutting edge basketball facility.
Sounds like they stole that from that Nike ad a while back with Just Blaze beat

# 42 Daking0325 @ 07/23/09 05:06 PM
Whatever nba live did with the crowd was a good idea

It looks so realistic! It can now compete with 2k's crowd

# 43 TheFiasco87 @ 07/23/09 05:10 PM
Live looks like its going to be pretty damn good this year.

# 44 bowdown2shadi @ 07/23/09 05:15 PM
Live is lookin good, cant wait for more info!

# 45 bateman11 @ 07/23/09 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
No more turbo button I'm guessing.
how do you figure?

# 46 krazyboy225 @ 07/23/09 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
No more turbo button I'm guessing.
This sounds like it might be of NBA Street 2 quality. Won't get too hyped yet but there's hope. The intro vid is different than the Dwight vid right? Is it another Mos Def voice over or is it one of his songs?
the power up thing is only for when ur in triple threat position and you are sizing up your man.

# 47 Stumbleweed @ 07/23/09 05:23 PM
Because RT is now the size-up button. Maybe they moved it elsewhere, but I'd LOVE if they got rid of the "turbo" mechanic, which has no place in a basketball game IMO. There needs to be a way to differentiate speedy players from slow guys (and yes, to allow for short bursts of speed), but letting people hold a button to run faster is a very dated mechanic and I would love if they came up with a better way to handle it.

EDIT: Ahh, didn't see that it was a triple-threat only thing... they probably kept the turbo/sprint button. I hope they make it harder to just lay on the RT with no consequences though... should tire people out to "sprint" constantly.

# 48 23 @ 07/23/09 05:35 PM
The size up should make those clutch moments pretty tense when you have to guard a superstar in a close game

# 49 aholbert32 @ 07/23/09 05:44 PM
I'm dissapointed they took out the practice gym but I love the Nash pic.

# 50 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 07/23/09 05:45 PM
Loved how Sean consistently stressed control, control, control, and he stressed not being interested in pretty animations that take our control away. The shoes, custom arena sounds and everything else are nice too, but glad that he knows gameplay is the factor that will decide this thing.

I will still be VERY skeptical, as I imagine most of you are as well, until I see this game in motion. EA has given a similar interview EVERY year the past four years, so not convinced yet.

Note: if the players still dribble like And 1 Mixtape superstars, it's a wrap, so that's the first thing I'm looking at.

# 51 JAEViBE @ 07/23/09 05:45 PM
This is a good read, I hope that they can actully deliver on these points? if they can its good for all of us.
We need both EA and 2k to deliver game thats are better then last years versions.

# 52 abid_baller @ 07/23/09 05:46 PM
this is nice.

# 53 zfinley @ 07/23/09 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They strapped it all together? or just on the loading screen?

# 54 23 @ 07/23/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Yeah I liked the practice gym too... maybe the hanger will be nice though

# 55 RayAllen20 @ 07/23/09 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Because RT is now the size-up button. Maybe they moved it elsewhere, but I'd LOVE if they got rid of the "turbo" mechanic, which has no place in a basketball game IMO. There needs to be a way to differentiate speedy players from slow guys (and yes, to allow for short bursts of speed), but letting people hold a button to run faster is a very dated mechanic and I would love if they came up with a better way to handle it.

EDIT: Ahh, didn't see that it was a triple-threat only thing... they probably kept the turbo/sprint button. I hope they make it harder to just lay on the RT with no consequences though... should tire people out to "sprint" constantly.
what Live is doing (im pretty sure) is if youre in the triple threat position and you pull RT instead of holding it then you will size your man up. Turbo will still be because you have to be able to change speed. College hoops 2k had this and it was awesome.

# 56 Phoenix29 @ 07/23/09 07:40 PM
yeah too bad the gym was being taken out, I liked that shooting around with bosh or marion.

# 57 iminurbase @ 07/23/09 10:49 PM
Quote:
We kept it for Dynasty Mode.

# 58 iminurbase @ 07/23/09 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elev8rmuzik
Sounds like they stole that from that Nike ad a while back with Just Blaze beat
Was part of the inspiration, yes.

# 59 elev8rmuzik @ 07/23/09 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
Was part of the inspiration, yes.
I want everyone in white warm ups!!!

# 60 ai2k2 @ 07/23/09 10:57 PM
I'm on my mobile so I can't quote you stephensonmc. But don't do that too me bro lol... don't tease me like that. Don't tell me you guys are going to get the Wade kicks and send it in a patch when its released. I could read within hints man. Lol... AWWW MAN.... you guys rock!!!! EA ftw lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.