NBA Live 10 News Post

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 BiggD @ 07/23/09 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetheshow159
yeah the faces are off..anybody think this could be an older build shown here. because the d-will pics look s near spot on as far as likeness. just a thought....
it was stated yesterday its a 70% build

i don't know what all the fuss about the faces is about... its a huge improvement from live09

# 122 TMagic @ 07/23/09 08:23 PM
It was aiiight...lol

Nothing made me go wow. Really don't get how anyone can decide that they are getting Live based off of just that though.

The ESPN article made me get more excited for the game than that trailer to be honest.

# 123 grush5 @ 07/23/09 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
i found it on ign
where on ign????!!

# 124 joetheshow159 @ 07/23/09 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
it was stated yesterday its a 70% build

i don't know what all the fuss about the faces is about... its a huge improvement from live09
yeah that's for sure Huge Step-Up lol. just pointing out the picture differential...guess tha 70% explains that tho. thx.

# 125 MarvellousOne @ 07/23/09 08:26 PM
For a 70% build I personally think it was well done, the game looks nice although it does have it's flaws which people have already stated, but overall I am liking it thus far even though it didn't blow me away. Good job so far EA, keep up the hard work your on the right track so far.

I watched mine here http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=67895

# 126 bateman11 @ 07/23/09 08:30 PM

# 127 MarvellousOne @ 07/23/09 08:32 PM
On thing I did notice in the trailer is that you all have the Lebron studder travel step in the game whether intentional or not watch his feet around .23 secs into the video =P

# 128 bowdown2shadi @ 07/23/09 08:45 PM

jk

Game is looking nice! Lets see 2k answer back...

I love competition

# 129 Da_Czar @ 07/23/09 08:45 PM
Nice first outing ! Love the crowd and arena's they look alive. I love that playset Orl was in don't recall seeing that in 09.

One of the most impressive things for me was proof that the offensive player vs defensive player interactions have been worked on. Bron took that one dribble that we can see no crosses or nothing and beats Petre dish to the lane... Never would happen in 09 without a falldown animation. Also loved the angle he took. like he tried to go around the defense and the defense didn't let him go directly to the rim yet he still go beat. Beautiful.

Also loved Shaq's contesting the jump hook without leaving his feet and then boxing out. He stayed in great position to challenge the shot. in 09 your player never seems to get into the right position to defend the post.

Also its early but loved how the players had much smoother movement without it turning into the ice capades...

Pietrus footplant and cut was fundamental hoops 101.

The body bump with shaq on howard was supernice.... you had the contact and you could see shaq's head react to that but not over done where dwight was wide open after... just created enough space
shaq didn't lose position and kept his hands up...sweet.

Lebron with the shot contest again without leaving feet on Pietrus jumper.

as has been mentioned the screen roll pass was perfect. in 09 that would have had to go through a bodypart to be complete. The ball handler and the defense reacted properly to the play which opened the passing lane... that's basketball ...

This is looking like a game that won't wow you right at first because the improvements are done in so many layers that it won't be until your first 48 hours of gameplay that you will be able to appreciate what you have.

I see the depth of this game unfolding rather than just smacking you in mouth like yeah motha ****** its live....snitches

I'll take that for 70%.

# 130 infam0us @ 07/23/09 08:46 PM
Carters foot went through the floor before he fell. Either way, the game is looking impressive.

# 131 23 @ 07/23/09 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Nice first outing ! Love the crowd and arena's they look alive. I love that playset Orl was in don't recall seeing that in 09.

One of the most impressive things for me was proof that the offensive player vs defensive player interactions have been worked on. Bron took that one dribble that we can see no crosses or nothing and beats Petre dish to the lane... Never would happen in 09 without a falldown animation. Also loved the angle he took. like he tried to go around the defense and the defense didn't let him go directly to the rim yet he still go beat. Beautiful.

Also loved Shaq's contesting the jump hook without leaving his feet and then boxing out. He stayed in great position to challenge the shot. in 09 your player never seems to get into the right position to defend the post.

Also its early but loved how the players had much smoother movement without it turning into the ice capades...

Pietrus footplant and cut was fundamental hoops 101.

The body bump with shaq on howard was supernice.... you had the contact and you could see shaq's head react to that but not over done where dwight was wide open after... just created enough space
shaq didn't lose position and kept his hands up...sweet.

Lebron with the shot contest again without leaving feet on Pietrus jumper.

as has been mentioned the screen roll pass was perfect. in 09 that would have had to go through a bodypart to be complete. The ball handler and the defense reacted properly to the play which opened the passing lane... that's basketball ...

This is looking like a game that won't wow you right at first because the improvements are done in so many layers that it won't be until your first 48 hours of gameplay that you will be able to appreciate what you have.

I see the depth of this game unfolding rather than just smacking you in mouth like yeah motha ****** its live....snitches

I'll take that for 70%.

Agreed man nice observations... Ill also say that they took out that ride the ball handlers shoulders with glue no matter what out of the game completely. Very nice

# 132 pac10intheSUN @ 07/23/09 09:00 PM

-The backboard also need to shake(from the power of the dunk)
-The net needs to be more interactive when dunking the ball
-When Dwight did the putback or alley, the rim and net animation needs to be more fluid.
-I would also like to see shots knocking down through the back of the iron.

# 133 ethanlee29 @ 07/23/09 09:01 PM
skin textures aren't too impressive

# 134 stephensonmc @ 07/23/09 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
Sex
Watching the video, I notice Lebron don't have the NBA logo center of his headband still....Disapppointed!!!!
It was in last year homie, we had a bug this year in development where the logos didn't show up.

Work in Progress guys.

# 135 bateman11 @ 07/23/09 09:02 PM
Ok, on pietrus' backdoor cut, look at jameer nelson.

He had some space, and then boom, mo williams suctioned right to his body.

At least that's what it looked like. I hope it wasn't, though

# 136 frostbyte06 @ 07/23/09 09:04 PM
I liked what I saw so far, normally in Bball games the defensive AI is the only part to react to you breaking down your man, from the clips looks like the offensive AI will react to the adjustment the defense made...very nice.

Saw nothing that has dropped my interest in this, looking good so far but I will look before I leap.......

# 137 stephensonmc @ 07/23/09 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elev8rmuzik
I'm not trying to compare the two games outside of what I just saw in this video. This trailer didn't show me any team to team authenticity

To me that means they're still a couple of years behind. But it all depends on what 2K has to offer.

And pausing the vid is exactly what made me realize that it doesn't look like Dwight
We're making a basketball sim homie. If we don't have things our competition has to make it a sim, we'd be nuts not to put it in. It's not copying, it's just smart for basketball videogames. Would I say that last year we were behind a bit?

Absolutely.

# 138 stephensonmc @ 07/23/09 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
Nice one! Looks like Mo gained some weight...
Love the dissection!

Cloth is moving and the screen was taken mid cloth movement.

# 139 kurt2134 @ 07/23/09 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanlee29
skin textures aren't too impressive
I thought the skin textures were really good. If you pause the video when Pietrus goes up for a jumper it looks real. The graphics definitely look more realistic than past Lives

# 140 jmood88 @ 07/23/09 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwade3
GUYS SERIOUSLY I THINK LIVE 10 IS GONA BE BETTER THAN 2k10. I AM GONA PRE ORDER IT RIGHT AWAY AFTER I SEE THE MIAMI HEAT GAMEPLAY.

THNX MIKE WANG, STEPH, BELUBA

DWADE MVP 2010
Mike Wang is Beluba

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.