Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Gamespot has posted their preview of NBA Live 10, which includes a video interview with Mike Wang, Producer.

Quote:
"Stop me if you've heard this one before: The folks bringing you NBA Live 10 say this is going to be the strongest entry in the series yet.

Now, I hardly need to remind basketball videogame fans that the Live series has been lagging behind its direct competitor for the better part of a decade now. What should be pointed out, however, is that the NBA Live series has yet to achieve the same level of quality as some of the other big-name games coming from EA Sports, which is surprising considering both its fierce competition and the overwhelming popularity of the NBA here in the States and around the world.

So it's with a measure of skepticism that I sat down to watch a presentation on NBA Live 10 while visiting EA Canada for the company's summer press event. Hands-on time with the game wasn't offered, but producers gave a pretty decent rundown of what's planned for Live this year. As you might expect, this year's Live will be building off the feature set of last year's game, with improvements to the Dynamic DNA system as well as new features, which I'll outline in a bit. More important are the producer's plans for improving the gameplay."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bateman11 @ 07/24/09 01:08 PM
thanks you

# 2 Jamin23 @ 07/24/09 01:09 PM
Now the previews are flying out.

# 3 TMagic @ 07/24/09 02:51 PM
Quote:
As your season progresses in NBA Live 10, you can expect storylines to develop based on players who are playing well or struggling, or between rival teams playing pivotal games. Producers said the game will include more than 100 possible storylines as the season goes on, and each will be outlined by Live announcers Marv Albert and Steve Kerr during the pregame warm-ups.
Interesting.

Really wanting to learn a little more about that and looking forward to how well it is implemented.

# 4 DC @ 07/24/09 03:29 PM
Wow storylines. Man this might be the first year I RENT both games before buying a damn thing. I will use my free netflix week for release

# 5 GSW @ 07/24/09 04:24 PM
@ that quote....thats not even how we play..thats how Stepehn Jackson plays.

# 6 stephensonmc @ 07/24/09 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
homer....

# 7 Meechie1013 @ 07/24/09 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
homer....
So far there has been alot of info, but i hope we get some pics to lol.

# 8 Greene_Flash03 @ 07/24/09 05:48 PM
Quote:
One of the most interesting new features, at least from a presentation standpoint, is game storylines. After all, it's not just the athletes that make a basketball game; the personality of the players, and the inevitable conflicts and rivalries that develop as a result, are a huge draw for dedicated NBA fans. Everyone remembers Shaq's return to Los Angeles in 2004 after being traded to the Miami Heat, and the expectant friction between Shaq and former Lakers' teammate Kobe Bryant. As your season progresses in NBA Live 10, you can expect storylines to develop based on players who are playing well or struggling, or between rival teams playing pivotal games. Producers said the game will include more than 100 possible storylines as the season goes on, and each will be outlined by Live announcers Marv Albert and Steve Kerr during the pregame warm-ups.
Best part of the article/blog post...

# 9 DTX3 @ 07/24/09 05:52 PM
Nice, I might have to pick this one up.

# 10 mrclutch @ 07/24/09 06:00 PM
Looking good. Nice preview

# 11 HoosierDaddy @ 07/24/09 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
homer....
LOL...isn't that the truth.

# 12 Bornindamecca @ 07/24/09 11:40 PM
Storylines make this an auto purchase if the demo plays well. I'm very curious to see how they handle the animations. I'm sure they'll be much improved, but in that footage I see a philosophical flaw in the approach. Most likely, that build doesn't even come close to representing the finished product, so I'll reserve judgement until then, but I'm really looking forward to this game.

I might use Live as my single player game, and 2k as my multiplayer game this year, if both games turn out great.

# 13 Jamin23 @ 07/24/09 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Storylines make this an auto purchase if the demo plays well. I'm very curious to see how they handle the animations. I'm sure they'll be much improved, but in that footage I see a philosophical flaw in the approach. Most likely, that build doesn't even come close to representing the finished product, so I'll reserve judgement until then, but I'm really looking forward to this game.

I might use Live as my single player game, and 2k as my multiplayer game this year, if both games turn out great.
You might be better off renting it than judging it by the demo.

# 14 BiggD @ 07/25/09 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW

Amen to that

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.