Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

EA Sports have posted another NBA Live 10 blog.

Quote:
"With the game's first look trailer dropping this week, NBA LIVE 10 Visual Games Designer Ryan Santos gives us a closer look at how the game has become more culturally relevant from visuals such as tattoos and authentic gear that players will be wearing, to the soundtrack that you can expect to hear in this year's game.

Swagga Like Us was the infamous hook made popular by T.I., Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Jay-Z. It kinda sums up how I feel about NBA LIVE 10. I’m proud to say NBA LIVE is back in a big way.

For me, coming back to LIVE has been a great experience. As an artist, I was part of the LIVE team for years. At the start of development for NBA LIVE 2005, I moved off the team to work on our NBA Street titles. Now 5 years later, I’ve been lucky enough to take on a role as a game designer on the game that started it all for me."

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Rob. D @ 07/26/09 05:05 PM
screens look good lets hope the gameplay doesnt dissapoint

# 162 Dantecamp21 @ 07/26/09 05:09 PM
On behalf of what's going on lately here in this post, I agree with both sides. I'm openly saying that I'm really hyped up about Live 10. The moment 2K starts to show their thing I'll probably be too because I'm a fan of both games. But it's true that this has led to disappointment in the past.

I think it's fair to hold judgement until further notice but at the same time, we can't tell guys not to be excited. I'm excited.

# 163 thmst30 @ 07/26/09 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
On behalf of what's going on lately here in this post, I agree with both sides. I'm openly saying that I'm really hyped up about Live 10. The moment 2K starts to show their thing I'll probably be too because I'm a fan of both games. But it's true that this has led to disappointment in the past.

I think it's fair to hold judgement until further notice but at the same time, we can't tell guys not to be excited. I'm excited.
Same here. I'm excited about the possibilities of both games this year, but I am staying realistic with my expectations. Both games have to PROVE to me that they have made a great basketball game this year. I'm tired of empty promises and marketing hype.

# 164 ai2k2 @ 07/26/09 05:19 PM
Let's all just wait. Next week is said to be the time more 2k info will be released. Hopefully as soon as tomm (Monday). Then we can make more assessments. But as for me, from the info we have. I'm running with Live this yr. They odds are in their favor.

# 165 Wiffyjustus @ 07/26/09 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Sweet, but expensive...
True.

# 166 Greene_Flash03 @ 07/26/09 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
Let's all just wait. Next week is said to be the time more 2k info will be released. Hopefully as soon as tomm (Monday). Then we can make more assessments. But as for me, from the info we have. I'm running with Live this yr. They odds are in their favor.
I'm not favoring 2k or EA here. To me, whoever builds or created a basketball game that replicates real NBA basketball then that company/game gets my money.

I've been playing 2k bball for over 5 years now because they were just the best bball game out there. With live this year, it might be different story...Besides, I want something new..

# 167 JWiLL02 @ 07/26/09 05:54 PM
Quote:
But as for me, from the info we have. I'm running with Live this yr. They odds are in their favor.
This is the type of logic that just makes no sense to me. From the info you have on July 26th, on games that come out oct. 6th, one of which hasn't even released more than a single screenshot, you've made your decision?

The only way the odds would be in Live's favor is if the games were released this week.

I see this same situation every year: Live gets a head start with the info, fans proclaim their love for this info and vow to jump ship, 2k releases their info, said fans switch back like the loose girl at a frat party.

I've been disappointed by Live too many times these last few years after playing them pretty much exclusively in 04 and 05, despite owning both titles those years. The graphics look great but that's never been the main issue here. The trailer showed me a lot of the same problems I've had with Live over the last few years, the animations still haven't caught up with 2k8 IMO.

I'm definitely going to give Live a try this year, if what Mike Wang says is true you won't get a true sense for the changes until you pick up the controller. It would be great to own 2 basketball games where I can appreciate each for what it offers. The last time that happened was with Live 03 and 2K3. Two very well made, enjoyable games despite their different approaches to the sport.

Competition is GOOD. Here's hoping there is one this year.

# 168 Shakedowncapo @ 07/26/09 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat Boi TJ
I think Aholbert works for 2k because it says Ronnie 2k under his name and Ronnie is the PR guy for 2k.

Hahahahaha

# 169 aholbert32 @ 07/26/09 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
OK, we get it...you are a 2k guy.

If you have been following the game, all those "concerns" have been addressed.

Actually I'm not. Ive only been playing 2k for the last 3 yrs. I played Inside Drive and Live through the early '00. Stop trying to make this into a 2k fanboy/Live fanboy argument when it isnt. I have been following the game and they say the same thing every year. How about they show me its improved before I start yealling at the top of my lungs how its Live's year.

# 170 aholbert32 @ 07/26/09 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
Guys that come to this post are excited about the game and rightfully so. The producers are saying that things are being taken care of.

At this moment, they are talking about jerseys, kicks and stuff. It's fitting that we get hyped up about it. There's nothing wrong with it.

When they start talking about gameplay, than we can focus on that.

Some gamers are funny. People are saying that we should't be hyped about these little things, calling this post "silly". But here's the thing: if a game doesn't sport authentic shoes, throwbacks, etc, then people start to whine about it.

Funny isn't it?

Keep up the great work guys! I'll keep myself hyped up about shoes all day long.
I'm not one of those guys. I could care less if authentic shoes are in the game. I enjoyed playing Live before that. What's silly is proclaiming a game the best based off of shoes and throwbacks.

# 171 aholbert32 @ 07/26/09 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Wow man I'm as excited as the next guy but your making a lot of claims here.

We don't know how much the game has improved because we haven't played it, a lot of your claims are ones that only someone who has played it can say.

You don't know if the sub patterns have gotten better or if the gameplay has improved. You are just going by what developers have said and a trailer, while that's nice you really don't have real evidence because you haven't played it get what I'm saying.

That's all Ahol and thmst are saying don't be so quick to get hyped on a game because a developer said something. We still have to play the game before we can call it great.

Now I understand your enthusiasm but these guys aren't "2kers" just because they feel this way. They are just keeping things in perspective because they have been here before and have been burned because of their excitement I know I have.

This board isn't like others where you have a bunch of homers for 2K or EA most of the guys here are just hardcore basketball fans especially the vets. That's why I like OS so much because its filled hardcore gamers and fans not ones that just devote their lives to a company and down the other ones.

I think that Live is going to be good this year because I really like the team they've got. But I'm not going to get really hyped until I play the game and see it for myself.

When it comes down to it gameplay is the most important thing if it isn't good nothing else truly matters. Because we don't buy games to watch them we buy it to play them.

Trust me if the gameplay is good those guys will be just as excited as everyone else because they are bball fans not 2K or EA fans.

Great post.

# 172 aholbert32 @ 07/26/09 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat Boi TJ
I think Aholbert works for 2k because it says Ronnie 2k under his name and Ronnie is the PR guy for 2k.
LOL....It doesnt say Ronnie 2k it says Ron Ron. Ron Ron is one of Ron Artest's nicknames and he's playing for my team, the Lakers. LOL at me working for 2k

# 173 thmst30 @ 07/26/09 06:41 PM
Quote:
Just curious but does your username (ai2k2) stand for Allen Iverson NBA 2K2?

# 174 bowdown2shadi @ 07/26/09 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL....It doesnt say Ronnie 2k it says Ron Ron. Ron Ron is one of Ron Artest's nicknames and he's playing for my team, the Lakers. LOL at me working for 2k

# 175 youngfaze01 @ 07/26/09 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Lol. Embarrassing.

# 176 23 @ 07/26/09 06:51 PM
this is another vs thread now and im lockingi it

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.