Home
FIFA 10 News Post

Game: FIFA Soccer 10Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA Soccer 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Leon @ 07/28/09 07:52 AM
OMG. The animations are beautiful! The players move so much more natural now compared to previous years. I can't wait to have my hands on this game.

# 2 Qb @ 07/28/09 08:30 AM
Not much to evaluate, although I have to agree that player movement looks much smoother. Two small things: 1) I noticed on the stadium select screen that it gave both time and condition -- day & dry in this case; and 2) they still have burned-out patches of grass at the Emirates. I know the second is quite silly, but anyone who has watched a game at the Emirates knows that it has one of the most beautiful surfaces you'll ever see...

# 3 KG @ 07/28/09 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Not much to evaluate, although I have to agree that player movement looks much smoother. Two small things: 1) I noticed on the stadium select screen that it gave both time and condition -- day & dry in this case; and 2) they still have burned-out patches of grass at the Emirates. I know the second is quite silly, but anyone who has watched a game at the Emirates knows that it has one of the most beautiful surfaces you'll ever see...
Too bad they don't play beautiful football on that field anymore.

As for the video. It looked the same as '09 to me. Movement looked a little smoother but I can't fully tell unless I'm on the sticks.

# 4 sportsdude @ 07/28/09 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez

As for the video. It looked the same as '09 to me. Movement looked a little smoother but I can't fully tell unless I'm on the sticks.
looked pretty good though I hope the retail version has the option to change the speed.

I hope this turns out to be good because I did not like 09 nearly as much as I did 08.

# 5 Krebstar @ 07/28/09 12:25 PM
Make sure you read this, posted by Romily Broad:

Quote:
Hi all. We're just looking into where this leaked video has emerged from. Someone's clearly been a bit naughty there!

It's naughty because - as you've realised anyway - the game was not ready to show in the form of gameplay videos at the time of the producer tour last month, when that footage was recorded. While we were happy to let people get their hands on the game of course, there was still a lot work to be done. So that's why we asked anyone who attended the tour events to sign non-disclosure agreements preventing leaked footage like this appearing, because it's simply not representative of the final game. Hell, it's not representative of the many dozens of builds that have been produced since then, let alone the final game.

So, while there's not much we can do about you seeing this naughtiest of videos, please take it with a pinch of salt and bear in mind there were good reasons for (attempting to!) embargo this sort of footage appearing online just yet.

# 6 southernbelle @ 07/28/09 12:43 PM
and its gone!

# 7 ChubbyBanana @ 07/28/09 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
and its gone!
Yep. No more video. Shame because I missed it.

# 8 BrianFifaFan @ 07/28/09 01:10 PM
And that's why I always use YouTube Downloader. Anyone wants to see it let me know! Brian

# 9 Qb @ 07/28/09 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Sir, I challenge you to a duel. I demand satisfaction!

# 10 shadox @ 07/28/09 02:03 PM
Kinda funny to see completly different reactions on different forums

Over at Evo-Web, most ppl were crying because it looks quite identical to '09

Anyhow, I would love to see some people who can actually play those games when they tape it

# 11 BrianFifaFan @ 07/28/09 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadox
Kinda funny to see completly different reactions on different forums

Over at Evo-Web, most ppl were crying because it looks quite identical to '09

Anyhow, I would love to see some people who can actually play those games when they tape it
I actually loved 09, so just bug fixing with 360 degree dribbling would make my mouth water. I really can't stand PES and think that Fifa09 was far better (gameplay-wise), so to see it continue to improve, even incrementally, makes me overjoyed. I hang out a lot on the UK Fifa boards and you have your share of disgruntled fans over there, but it has been said that this was an older build, so it's not really something to take too harshly. But long story short, the PES fans are never really gonna appreciate Fifa and mostly vice-versa. The only PES I really liked was Winning Eleven9 which I have for my Xbox and can play backward compatible. But since they've come up with a gameplay speed and a stagnancy that I find the Fifa approach vastly superior to. And please don't get me started on the ugly menus and terrible music....

I'm not trying to bash PES too hard; but, to me, it just reeks of generic, and since I really don't prefer the gameplay style or lack of advanced controls like Fifa has, I'll let the PES guys enjoy their chosen game in peace. I'll give the PES demo a shot to see if it's changed, but chances are it'll be more Fifa for me!

# 12 Whitesox @ 07/28/09 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
and terrible music....
You know, I'm not really sure how to describe the FIFA soundtrack...

If you put that music on when I'm not playing the game, I wont sit and listen to it, but I also find the songs very catchy....

Haven't played PES, so I don't really know about teh soundtrack there.

# 13 Matt10 @ 07/28/09 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox

If you put that music on when I'm not playing the game, I wont sit and listen to it, but I also find the songs very catchy....

I would say it's fairly European sounding, a little techno with stupid lyrics - but also includes some decent hard rock.

All I've got to say is Blur-Song2 was one of the best for the FIFA Series.

Btw- Brian pm me the vid puhleaaase

# 14 southernbelle @ 07/28/09 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I actually loved 09, so just bug fixing with 360 degree dribbling would make my mouth water. I really can't stand PES and think that Fifa09 was far better (gameplay-wise), so to see it continue to improve, even incrementally, makes me overjoyed. I hang out a lot on the UK Fifa boards and you have your share of disgruntled fans over there, but it has been said that this was an older build, so it's not really something to take too harshly. But long story short, the PES fans are never really gonna appreciate Fifa and mostly vice-versa. The only PES I really liked was Winning Eleven9 which I have for my Xbox and can play backward compatible. But since they've come up with a gameplay speed and a stagnancy that I find the Fifa approach vastly superior to. And please don't get me started on the ugly menus and terrible music....

I'm not trying to bash PES too hard; but, to me, it just reeks of generic, and since I really don't prefer the gameplay style or lack of advanced controls like Fifa has, I'll let the PES guys enjoy their chosen game in peace. I'll give the PES demo a shot to see if it's changed, but chances are it'll be more Fifa for me!
i am a fifa die hard, but while i wait i am going to give PES 09 a go... i figure i can buy a used copy for sub 20GBP some where... they do have a superior manager league. for my money, i do am excited about 360, but as long as we get a fixed MM, i am forking over the cash. i just hope the improvements dont hurt was a phenomenal game last year.

# 15 BrianFifaFan @ 07/28/09 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox

I love "Untouched" by The Veronicas. But I even find myself getting into the Tom Jones.

# 16 BrianFifaFan @ 07/28/09 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I would say it's fairly European sounding, a little techno with stupid lyrics - but also includes some decent hard rock.

All I've got to say is Blur-Song2 was one of the best for the FIFA Series.

Btw- Brian pm me the vid puhleaaase
I'm not sure how to PM it to you. But I'll be more than happy to email the .flv file. Hit me up with a PM. Brian

# 17 Matt10 @ 07/28/09 03:21 PM

# 18 sportsdude @ 07/28/09 03:53 PM
Quote:
that's not the one from the link at the beginning of the thread. not sure exactly what that is because at first I thought it was 09 based on the appearance of the score bar in the beginning of the video.

# 19 BrianFifaFan @ 07/28/09 04:17 PM
Quote:
Nope.

# 20 Matt10 @ 07/28/09 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
that's not the one from the link at the beginning of the thread. not sure exactly what that is because at first I thought it was 09 based on the appearance of the score bar in the beginning of the video.
Yeah - the animation to me looks A LOT different than fifa 09 though, they also showed the extra set-piece segments, so I'm assuming it was fifa 10.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.