Home
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine News Post

IGN has posted their first look at NBA 2K10: Draft Combine.

Quote:
"The career of any NBA star begins when they're kids. Sitting out in the yard shooting hoops, pretending that the clock is ticking down on the NBA Finals and the ball is in their hands. From there, it's on to high school and, if they're lucky, a good Division-1 program where they'll earn the attention of pro scouts. Then the top 1% of those athletes makes the jump to the NBA Draft Combine with the hopes of impressing pro teams enough to make it into the two rounds of the draft. That's where 2K Sports' NBA 2K10: Draft Combine comes into play.

The downloadable game for Xbox Live and PlayStation Network is scheduled to release in early September and will allow players to sculpt their player with 2K Sports' new super-deep player creation mechanic, define their play style and then participate in six full-length games and six of a possible eight drills in the hopes of making it into the coveted first round of the NBA Draft."

Game: NBA 2K10: Draft CombineReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Videos
Member Comments
# 1 leo2k2ndc @ 07/30/09 07:13 PM
Ughhhh .... I can kinda figure out why EA might not talk about NBA Live so quickly with Madden coming out .. But why does 2k hold onto this info for so longgg ... This is prob. their only game selling with MLB The Show, dominating Baseball ...

Sorry if other game references are frowned upon ... :P

# 2 Jamin23 @ 07/30/09 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
I think on 2K's twitter account it said that it is about the Draft Combine.

That was earlier today.

Edit: Jamin beat me to it.
hehehe!! You gotta be quick!!LOL!!

# 3 BiggD @ 07/30/09 08:03 PM
BOOOOOOOO!!!!! give us some real news

both sides are being so tight lipped this year... its sucks lol

# 4 TheFiasco87 @ 07/30/09 08:05 PM
wow beautiful screen shots, 2ks really going above and beyond like never before in the graphics department!

# 5 yungflo @ 07/30/09 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Knowing 2k, it's probably an article on the Draft Combine rephrasing the same info that was in that Yahoo article.
How spot on you were lol.

# 6 blingballa333 @ 07/30/09 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFiasco87
wow beautiful screen shots, 2ks really going above and beyond like never before in the graphics department!
I sense just a bit of sarcasm in this post.

# 7 Hassan Darkside @ 07/30/09 08:49 PM
I hope that bleachy blond isn't not the only blond hair in the game (again).

# 8 Hassan Darkside @ 07/30/09 08:55 PM
I'm also not sure what to think about you being guaranteed to get drafted. Because looking at some of those overall ratings (39), there's no reason they should be projected to be 26th pick in the 2nd round. If anything you should work from undrafted up to the 2nd round.

But I guess they don't have anything for you to do if you don't get drafted. Oh well, they could at least put a screen up that says "You fail."

# 9 in mid air @ 07/30/09 08:58 PM
Loving the amount of options that you can have for signature shots.

# 10 blingballa333 @ 07/30/09 08:58 PM
Quote:
I'm also not sure what to think about you being guaranteed to get drafted. Because looking at some of those overall ratings (39), there's no reason they should be projected to be 26th pick in the 2nd round. If anything you should work from undrafted up to the 2nd round.

But I guess they don't have anything for you to do if you don't get drafted. Oh well, they could at least put a screen up that says "You fail."
lol.....or "Good Luck Overseas."

# 11 J_Posse @ 07/30/09 09:07 PM
I was hopeful that 2K/VC would be able to sign-up some smaller shoe companies like Converse, And 1, Pony, etc. I'm hoping we can edit the generic kicks in the game as well this year. I'm loving all the added accessories and being able to edit the kicks.

# 12 B-Wills @ 07/30/09 09:09 PM
Love all the signature move options, I hope they still have time to make signature moves for Defensive stances/slides, blocks, etc.

# 13 Fiasco West @ 07/30/09 09:21 PM
Quote:

Would be cool if you had to go undrafted and go to the Summer league to prove your stuff...or if you fail there then go to the Dleague...maybe next year.

I like though you have a chance at going high in the draft. I'm guessing this is the only info we'll get until this is released lol.

# 14 Kully @ 07/30/09 09:33 PM
I hope we are not "stuck" to pre-programmed roles. I want to be a 6'9" shooting SF/PF

# 15 akiracy @ 07/30/09 09:33 PM
what i want to know is, do you get drafted or signed to a team?

if you get drafted, would this be some sort of fictional draft? or like 2010 draft? because the 09 draft happened already. if its the 2010 draft, would all the rosters be the same?

on the other hand, i don't think many players want to start their careers undrafted

thoughts?

# 16 Ermolli @ 07/30/09 09:36 PM
Almost anything new

# 17 TheFiasco87 @ 07/30/09 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
lol.....or "Good Luck Overseas."
or it could just go to a clip of said player stocking shelves at the supermarket

# 18 marcoyk @ 07/30/09 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
I was hopeful that 2K/VC would be able to sign-up some smaller shoe companies like Converse, And 1, Pony, etc. I'm hoping we can edit the generic kicks in the game as well this year. I'm loving all the added accessories and being able to edit the kicks.
That's a good idea. It'd be sweet to have a large collection of those brands of shoes since 2K doesn't really have the selection of Nikes and Adidases that Live has, for whatever reason.

# 19 DubTrey1 @ 07/30/09 10:05 PM
Well, as another good side effect of this - creating players will be at least a bit more involved this go around it seems. I like the options that I am seeing and the depth of each part available. Guys that create great historical players like MJ will have a field day with this feature (Matt, looking at you )

# 20 ai2k2 @ 07/30/09 10:21 PM
Looks like 2k9 repackaged.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.