Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

EA has thrown up another NBA Live 10 blog. This one talks about player movement.

Quote:
"It’s time to talk about NBA player movement. No, I’m not talking about this year’s crazy off season of free agency and trades (I still can’t believe how much the top teams improved). When I say player movement, I’m talking about the motion of the individual players on the court. It’s no secret that NBA players are some of the most graceful and fluid athletes in the world with their explosiveness, agility, and co-ordination.

Past versions of NBA LIVE haven’t been known for having the most fluid and authentic player movement. We wanted to change all that for NBA LIVE 10 and it all started with our new approach to MoCap. I’ll blog about that at a later date so I won’t get into details but I will say that we brought in a bunch of NBA talent to make sure we were getting the most authentic motion possible. It was critical that the guys we brought into the studio moved closer to what you’re used to seeing in real life.

So, when we were capturing movement we paid special attention to off ball motion, ball handling, and guarding the basketball. Our focus was on getting the off ball motion to a level where it was more believable and authentic than any basketball game on the market. We wanted to see the players in Live cutting to the basket, curling the baseline, spotting up for scoring chances, and spacing the court.

The videos below give you guys an idea of the type of animations that we put into LIVE 10."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 TMagic @ 08/07/09 06:59 PM
Sounds and looks good.

Player movement is a big thing for me.

I've been waiting for a game to have top notch player movement. Not only when you call a play, but when a team is just running a basic team set.

Hopefully it is implemented well in the full game.

# 82 jrich730 @ 08/07/09 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24

i can now say i cant wait now i need a good franchise and i might play all the way until 2011(by the looks of things)

DROSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 83 NINJAK2 @ 08/07/09 07:12 PM
so you just hold down a button for those size up moves? They look great. Hopefully the defender will be able to disrupt it in some fashion and won't just turn into a fan on the court just watching. I know the video was meant to show off dribbles so hopefully that's why there was no collision detection on drives to the paint. That's the best Live has ever looked from an animation standpoint imo.

# 84 bateman11 @ 08/07/09 07:16 PM
Loving the way players move

# 85 joel0078 @ 08/07/09 07:26 PM
Game looks great. Demo drops in "early September". Looking forward to trying it out.

# 86 Jonesy @ 08/07/09 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocafella83
I'm sorry and i don't care who doesn't like what i'm gonna say, But that looks like trash.....it doesn;t really look any different from last year. They still have ugly animations for dunks and the players dont even look that great. I'm not being a fanboy because i didn't mention anything about 2k, but i dont see Live 10 being better form last year. lol @ the Sizeups because they all look the same.
It looks like a 200% improvement on last year, did you even play 09?

Your entitled to your opinion and try as they might they will never please everyone. I personally think it looked great and is making massive strides in the right direction this year.

# 87 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/07/09 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocafella83
I'm sorry and i don't care who doesn't like what i'm gonna say, But that looks like trash.....it doesn;t really look any different from last year. They still have ugly animations for dunks and the players dont even look that great. I'm not being a fanboy because i didn't mention anything about 2k, but i dont see Live 10 being better form last year. lol @ the Sizeups because they all look the same.
Oh boy.....Some people just can't appreciate...

Really, it doesn't look any different from last year? Dude, there's a couple of scenes in the video comparing 09 and 10. D. Rose scenes alone shows how much the game improved graphhically/animations from 09. Ugly animations for dunks? How are they suppose to look? Size up looks the same? Watch the video again and compare how Nash and D. Rose's size ups...

# 88 Nephilim @ 08/07/09 07:49 PM
If fanboys would at least admit they like to play just one game (and they should play both, so they can bash based on facts lol)... Stop pretending...

# 89 NELL86 @ 08/07/09 07:49 PM
Did this dude just say he didnt see no improvement really i hope you gettin paid well for your haterade endorsement

# 90 Rob. D @ 08/07/09 08:02 PM
I..................like I like nice job EA!

# 91 navyboy09 @ 08/07/09 08:25 PM
VIDEO IS TOOOOO NIIIICCCCEEEE. Live 10 looks soooooo much smoother and better than 09. Oh and btw did yall see how my boy wade crossed rip, took him to the hole then smashed it with a nice dunk. so far looks like the best live yet. THANK YOU MIKE WANG!!!!

# 92 Marino @ 08/07/09 08:29 PM
The more I see, the more I like. If they keep this up, they will have my money in October.

# 93 statum71 @ 08/07/09 09:58 PM
I'm still 2K...... Live looks very impressive though.

I'm listening.

# 94 XxX syntax XxX @ 08/07/09 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71

I'm listening.
Live all day

# 95 Soda @ 08/08/09 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71

I'm listening.
agreed.

# 96 floridagatorfan @ 08/08/09 12:13 AM
The control in these videos looks very, very good. This was a problem that 2k had last year where players were real herky jerky in their movements at times. This looks very promising and it looks like we will likely have 2 good games to choose from this year.

# 97 marcoyk @ 08/08/09 12:29 AM
Still liking what I'm seeing. Keep it up EA.

# 98 XxX syntax XxX @ 08/08/09 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
The control in these videos looks very, very good. This was a problem that 2k had last year where players were real herky jerky in their movements at times. This looks very promising and it looks like we will likely have 2 good games to choose from this year.
Im going for live due to the fact that the old nba lives on xbox 1 ps2 owned and this it it looks like they went back to the feel of that..Good work ea

# 99 DubTrey1 @ 08/08/09 01:02 AM
Good direction this game is headed in. I suppose it is safe to say that was an early build perhaps shown...so I hope the ball physics as well as polish to the animations are refined before release. The cut to the basket animations looked a bit stiff as well as the dunk... Still, looking good so far though.

# 100 XxX syntax XxX @ 08/08/09 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
Good direction this game is headed in. I suppose it is safe to say that was an early build perhaps shown...so I hope the ball physics as well as polish to the animations are refined before release. The cut to the basket animations looked a bit stiff as well as the dunk... Still, looking good so far though.
In live 09 it looks stiff..In 10 the mo caps look excellent

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.