Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

EA has thrown up another NBA Live 10 blog. This one talks about player movement.

Quote:
"It’s time to talk about NBA player movement. No, I’m not talking about this year’s crazy off season of free agency and trades (I still can’t believe how much the top teams improved). When I say player movement, I’m talking about the motion of the individual players on the court. It’s no secret that NBA players are some of the most graceful and fluid athletes in the world with their explosiveness, agility, and co-ordination.

Past versions of NBA LIVE haven’t been known for having the most fluid and authentic player movement. We wanted to change all that for NBA LIVE 10 and it all started with our new approach to MoCap. I’ll blog about that at a later date so I won’t get into details but I will say that we brought in a bunch of NBA talent to make sure we were getting the most authentic motion possible. It was critical that the guys we brought into the studio moved closer to what you’re used to seeing in real life.

So, when we were capturing movement we paid special attention to off ball motion, ball handling, and guarding the basketball. Our focus was on getting the off ball motion to a level where it was more believable and authentic than any basketball game on the market. We wanted to see the players in Live cutting to the basket, curling the baseline, spotting up for scoring chances, and spacing the court.

The videos below give you guys an idea of the type of animations that we put into LIVE 10."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 08/08/09 02:46 AM
Getting this game. In lieu of a complete debacle with the demo, I'm convinced. The Mike Wang video, and now these videos showing how quick and responsive the dribbling is, how players will be moving correctly offball/spotting up, great spacing and help D position principles, and player differentiation so Yao isn't pulling off amazing first steps and KG not dribbling like CP, I'm sold. The demo would have to be a disaster of Live 07 proportions, otherwise I'm getting this. Transferring $120 into savings right now actually, lol (for this and 2K)

# 102 bateman11 @ 08/08/09 10:16 AM
The ball-handling system looks soo sick this year. My favorite thing about the game.

# 103 Blazix @ 08/08/09 10:31 AM
Both the ball handling and off ball movement looks beastly

looking forward to live this year

# 104 NBA Live 10 Fan @ 08/09/09 09:22 AM
The animations in NBA Live 10 this year has gotten me real excited. Can't wait till this game comes out.

# 105 TMagic @ 08/09/09 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA Live 10 Fan
The animations in NBA Live 10 this year has gotten me real excited. Can't wait till this game comes out.
You sure about that. You're not gonna buy 2K instead?

# 106 SageInfinite @ 08/09/09 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
You sure about that. You're not gonna buy 2K instead?

# 107 ZoneBlitz @ 08/10/09 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Nope. You'll see....
I sure hope so. I want to be able to play a game where big men can't run all over the floor, handle the ball really well, and just be used by cheesers to play a zone defense where they can stick anyone with the ball.

# 108 ZoneBlitz @ 08/10/09 06:36 AM
I like the fact that there will be a demo. If it's good, I'll give Live strong consideration for a purchase. The past few years, I wouldn't even give live a second thought. Looking and what they're putting into it, however, I am really considering it.

However, I've also got to see what 2k offers, then I'll make a decision.

I do think Live has so much potential this year. I like the models, and what I've seen thus far. Also, did anyone notice how the crow jumped up. OMG, what does this mean for environments? Could be awesome!

# 109 RayDog253 @ 08/10/09 08:54 AM
I can't wait to try the new movement with the left stick and crossovers with the right stick. To me it's kinda like a simplified version of 2k's handles, but you still got the right stick to do the crossovers and stuff. It's like the best of both worlds, if I'm understanding it right.

# 110 greenegt @ 08/10/09 12:05 PM
Great stuff! The movement looks smooth, yet responsive. Can't wait to try the demo.

# 111 23 @ 08/10/09 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
Great stuff! The movement looks smooth, yet responsive. Can't wait to try the demo.
Whats up man, good to see you around

# 112 Jamin23 @ 08/10/09 12:25 PM
I'm about to watch the video again.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.