Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Hey everyone, since NBA Live 10 is now looming, the developers want to answer some questions that you all have about the game. OS will be doing more than one of these Q&A sessions, so we're going to try and concentrate the questions on specific parts of a game, rather than just have each Q&A session be a smorgasbord of topics.

So, this Q&A session will revolve around GAMEPLAY and ANYTHING RELATING TO THE VIDEOS/IMAGES THAT HAVE BEEN RELEASED THUS FAR. So if you have questions about those topics, POST THEM IN HERE, and I will forward quite a few of them to the developers. After that, expect a front-page story that has the answers from the developers.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 YoungG @ 08/11/09 10:37 AM
Just wondering if on the defensive side, out of any of the blocking animations, will there be an animation when you can "pin" the ball to the backboard or even block it off the backboard?

# 42 chrisc50 @ 08/11/09 10:41 AM
Dynamic DNA was good last year in NBA Live 09 and it showed to be good in different ways. Will there be any changes to that system or will it stay the same

# 43 Sovartus @ 08/11/09 11:43 AM
When you release your front page story will you be sure to address post play and the triple threat and what they have done to make it more of a threat in the game?

Insight for asking the question:

2K's post game was awesome until all of the moves became predictable because they were animations. I like to run my offense through the post so if there is no real threat, the defense doesn't collapse. Also aske if they have put an animation in for a big to hold the ball up and away from the smaller guards coming to strip the ball. I would like to see bigs draw the double team to create open shots and clean cuts to the basket.

The triple threat is one of the most important weapons of isolation players. I was under the impression that the 1st step rating was instrumental in how successful the triple threat moves would be. If it isn't, it should be.

Finally, was there a way to incorporate pass fakes out of the triple threat but mainly in the post in back to the basket situations?

# 44 swiftychampleone @ 08/11/09 11:48 AM
I was wondering if every arena will have it's own arena music? Like the music Utah plays when they are on defense?

# 45 jkeyz21 @ 08/11/09 11:56 AM
Will 5 on 5 online team play will get more depth this year like a club or a clan like theme or get rank so those game mean something

also 5 on5 online can be a new trend and I feel you guys are on they right track so please don't forget about that

# 46 l_rob_the_great32 @ 08/11/09 11:59 AM
Can you take a look at these players tats?

Mo Williams
Delonte West
Daniel Gibson
J.J. Hickson
Darnell Jackson
Marvin Williams
Shannon Brown
Wilson Chandler
Trevor Ariza
Jordan Farmar
Michael Beasley
Gerald Wallace
Tyrus Thomas
Al Harrington
Stephen Jackson
Courtney Lee
Jameer Nelson(All Eyes On Me Tat On Back)
Caron Butler
DeShawn Stevenson
DeQuan Cook
O.J. Mayo
Mike Conley
Dahntay Jones
Rashad McCants
Terrence Williams
Earl Clark
Jordan Hill
Matt Barnes
Amare Stoudamire
Ronny Turiaf
Mike Taylor
Donte' Green
Roger Mason
Antawn Jamison
Antonio Daniels
DaQuan Cook
Allen Iverson
James Johnson
Kenyon Martin
Tyson Chandler
Marcus Williams

# 47 BDM313 @ 08/11/09 12:35 PM
Will there be a halftime show? Will the game presentation be ESPN like?

Are "dunked on" animations back?

You guys think you nailed the pistons arena specifics and the mason PA chants?

# 48 Ballatician @ 08/11/09 02:50 PM
Will you be able to edit all the offensive plays not just 4?

Will offensive plays be reassigned according to the players on the floor?

Will you be able to save your player lock preference in your settings so you won't have to do it every game.

Will you be be able to execute a pro hop move?

Will there be more detail in each stadium?

Are the dunk animations more fluid?

Will you be able to set specific defensive assignments?

# 49 josef @ 08/11/09 04:36 PM
o my, you guys are nuts.. lol.. 55 posts of questions with no answers yet.. they're gonna have to write a 20pg dissertation to answer all these.. good questions though.. i just hope we start getting a few answered soon or this thread will be a big laughing-stock..

edit: my bad just re-read the first post.. well, i hope they know what they're in for..

# 50 brs2305 @ 08/11/09 04:48 PM
You guys get me every time!!!

# 51 emelki1968 @ 08/11/09 04:58 PM
Are the block shots the ball going to have realistic physics and behavior? I think that is one of the Live problems. There are too many scripted things in the game.

# 52 emelki1968 @ 08/11/09 05:00 PM
Did the improve the signature shots and moves? Also, please, when are you going to fix the lighting in the Arenas. Is is too dark. That only happens in the Staples Center

# 53 Hova57 @ 08/11/09 05:39 PM
will you have control over bounce pass , chest pass, no look pass and will it slow down gameplay ie fast break or inbounds.

also will there be shots that bounce off the back board or side during short or midrange shot

# 54 inkpimp007 @ 08/12/09 01:22 PM
Is there going to be a delay when triggering Icon passing [like in 2k]. To me this is a must, just a slight delay so the user can make fluid decisions with awkwardly having to hold down the icon button.

# 55 GaryT531 @ 08/12/09 03:55 PM
I noticed that classic uniforms are in this years game, thanks for adding those. Are there classic courts in the game as well? Thanks.

# 56 Ballatician @ 08/12/09 04:10 PM
Will you be able to fire/hire coaches during the season and if so will changing coaches affect a teams playing style? And just my 2 cent but coaches should also have separate ratings that effect teams overall ratngs.

# 57 Melman @ 08/12/09 04:47 PM
Do the coaches ever sit down?? Just wondering

Since the players save the ball from going out, will they interact or make any contact with scorers table, ref, cheerleader, courside fans??

# 58 mrbattles @ 08/12/09 04:49 PM
will you be able to put ncaa march madness players on nba live like u can on ncaa football to madden

# 59 SageInfinite @ 08/12/09 05:21 PM
Will there be any camera cuts to the bench and coaches? Crowd even?

# 60 BZOE @ 08/12/09 07:34 PM
I believe it was discussed about how teamplay would be more in depth or somehow expanded compared to 09's teamplay, can you explain please and also has the automatic inbound button as well as any player calling for the ball, has those problems been fixed?...it really destroyed last years teamplay experience

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.