Home
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine News Post

2K Sports Signs Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose as Spokesman
for the NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Downloadable Game

Chicago’s finest brings his award-winning Rookie
experience to NBA 2K10: Draft Combine

New York, NY – August 11, 2009 – 2K Sports announced today that rising NBA star, Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls, will be featured as the spokesman for NBA® 2K10: Draft Combine, a download-only title that will provide fans with an immersive pre-season basketball experience leading up to the fall launch of NBA 2K10. Rose, the 2009 T-Mobile NBA Rookie of the Year, has quickly become one of the most electrifying playmakers in the league, and this season NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will tap into Rose’s personal knowledge and experience training for the NBA Draft.

“It’s a great feeling to partner with 2K Sports and represent the greatest basketball franchise on the planet,” said Rose, point guard for the Chicago Bulls. “I look forward to providing my insights of what that first year in the league is really like, and what it takes to stay on top of your game. This season, NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will be a place where fans can experience the life of a player trying to make it to the NBA. The drills are challenging, and the group scrimmages are always extremely competitive with everyone looking to improve their draft stock as well. It’s as real as it gets.”

Rose, who led the University of Memphis to the NCAA Championship game in his freshman year, was selected the top overall pick by his hometown Chicago Bulls in the 2008 NBA Draft after only one college season. This past year, he averaged 16.8 points, 6.3 assists, and 3.9 rebounds per game and was selected to the NBA All-Rookie First Team. Additionally, Rose led the Chicago Bulls back to the NBA playoffs, and his 36 points tied Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s NBA record for the most points scored by a rookie in his playoff debut.

“Derrick is the perfect fit to be our spokesman for NBA 2K10: Draft Combine,” said Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development for 2K. “Not only is he one of the most dynamic young playmakers in the NBA today, he’s the pride of Chicago, where the real NBA Draft Combine is located. We look forward to working closely with Derrick this season, and are thrilled to offer our fans a brand new pre-season basketball experience with NBA 2K10: Draft Combine.”

In NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, fans will begin their career at the ATTACK Athletics gym in Chicago by building their own custom player and working with a mentor, the 2K Insider, to step up their game through a variety of challenging basketball drills and 5-on-5 games to increase their NBA draft stock. The greater a player excels at a particular drill, or in completing specific game objectives, the more valuable skill points they will receive which can be used to improve one of over 30 key player attributes. Fans can then take their custom built players in NBA 2K10: Draft Combine and use them in the all-new My Player career mode in NBA 2K10 launching this fall, allowing them to continue their journey toward becoming an NBA legend.

NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, developed by Visual Concepts, is planned for release in North America, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and India on August 26 for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft (400 Microsoft Points), and North America and Korea on September 3 for the PlayStation®Network for PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system ($4.99). For more information about NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, please visit http://www.2ksports.com/games/nba2k10dc.

Game: NBA 2K10: Draft CombineReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jmood88 @ 08/11/09 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shindiana
Live 10 stole the show?
By showing another video of things that were in 2k9?

# 22 DW3 @ 08/11/09 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
This **** is ********.

Yep. I just recently soldmy ps3 and bought a 360 from bestbuy with an instore warranty. I just got sick of getting hosed on stuff like this, demos not releasing the same as the 360, every sport game besides the show and nba 2k8 not being in 1080p etc.. sorry to get off topic. cant wait till the 26!!

# 23 luv_mist @ 08/11/09 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyo06
Yep. I just recently soldmy ps3 and bought a 360 from bestbuy with an instore warranty. I just got sick of getting hosed on stuff like this, demos not releasing the same as the 360, every sport game besides the show and nba 2k8 not being in 1080p etc.. sorry to get off topic. cant wait till the 26!!
WAIT!! Not every sport game is in 1080p?? Wasn't it their idea to step up the game and show the super visuals?? Wow, that's dropping the ball. Definitely undersand more of the benefits of paying for online with XBL. Might scoop up a card just to show my love for M$.

# 24 KaptnKirk12 @ 08/11/09 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehova
Spokesman

Im gone leave that alone
What? Uhmm, are you saying he is uhmm, not a good uhmm speaker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBnII...eature=related

(this is definitely a step up from some of his earlier interviews and Playoff interviews)

# 25 bigballa21 @ 08/12/09 12:00 AM
I wonder if he did some mo-cap work

# 26 Fabric @ 08/12/09 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shindiana
If you have a PS3 I'm sure you'll be able to download it on the us store.
Are you absolutely sure that you can pay with a European credit card on a US PSN account?

# 27 shindiana @ 08/12/09 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabric
Are you absolutely sure that you can pay with a European credit card on a US PSN account?
If it's visa, I don't see why we can't.
I know french people who buy Final Fantasy VII on the us store because the didn't want the PAL version.

# 28 t216 @ 08/12/09 08:25 AM
Nice cover..

# 29 ScottyKCMO @ 08/12/09 10:42 AM
Sorry if this has already been covered, but I'm not sure I understand how the draft in this draft combine add-on works. First off, does it include the rest of the actual 2009 draft class (at the combine)? Secondly, if you create a player, and he ends up getting drafted, say, in the 1st round, does that change the pick results of the 2009 draft? I.E...when you continue your career mode in the real version of 2K10, will some of the rookies be on different teams and whatnot?

# 30 Pared @ 08/12/09 12:57 PM
This mode is about YOU. Y-O-U.

You are the one trying to get drafted. You create multiple players but can pick ONE, whichever one you want, to "go into the draft" and hopefully get picked.

The whole purpose is to take Superstar-style modes to a completely new level. You are competing against hundreds of others online to get picked.

Think the 5 on 5 team play but with a purely unique superstar to call your own. It's an extension (and evolution) of that.

# 31 dlane0087 @ 08/12/09 01:11 PM
Hopefully the 5 on 5 online actually works first and foremost, but I also hope that only Centers can play Center, Forwards can only be Forwards, etc. It is like I said in another thread I don't want to see 5 point guards playing 5 centers. Also it would be pretty cool if it was like true pick up basketball and the computer assigns two random team captains and they each pick the guys they want on their team.

# 32 Pared @ 08/12/09 01:20 PM
I like that last idea dlane. Would make for some funny online experiences, just like when you're at the courts.

"I got the dude in the red shorts."
"Damn I guess I'll take him."
"Aww no I'm not picking this guy."

# 33 DC @ 08/12/09 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
This mode is about YOU. Y-O-U.

You are the one trying to get drafted. You create multiple players but can pick ONE, whichever one you want, to "go into the draft" and hopefully get picked.

The whole purpose is to take Superstar-style modes to a completely new level. You are competing against hundreds of others online to get picked.

Think the 5 on 5 team play but with a purely unique superstar to call your own. It's an extension (and evolution) of that.
So when is this "draft" going to take place

I was always under the impression that you are only trying to get drafted on YOUR game.

# 34 Pared @ 08/12/09 01:29 PM
No clue. Considering you're uploading it to the 2k Servers, I don't think you're only trying to get drafted on your game.

Maybe thursday will reveal some more info...

# 35 dlane0087 @ 08/12/09 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I like that last idea dlane. Would make for some funny online experiences, just like when you're at the courts.

"I got the dude in the red shorts."
"Damn I guess I'll take him."
"Aww no I'm not picking this guy."

As I was typing that I was having some bad gym class memories. hahaha

# 36 DC @ 08/12/09 01:31 PM
OK well since it is a COMPETITION, that changes my opinion about it completely.

So will I be competing in drills against OTHERS?

I wonder how anyone will stand a chance of getting drafting when you have folks in online land that always know how to max out their characters is little to no time. (See COD4)

# 37 Pared @ 08/12/09 01:36 PM
I think the drills are against the computer but there was something announced somewhere that said you can take your guy online to compete against others.

Looks like a complete online D-League made up of us. It's not just about the NBA Players anymore... take your created guy and go up against other created guys.

I truly hope I am not wrong. Of course this is all speculation... but that's the impression I'm getting by the keywords being used in the articles and press releases. Would love this if it were true.

# 38 The 24th Letter @ 08/12/09 01:39 PM
they should have the pennies remix as the menu music for this game...
especially w\ the first line about Rose in it...

# 39 dlane0087 @ 08/12/09 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
OK well since it is a COMPETITION, that changes my opinion about it completely.

So will I be competing in drills against OTHERS?

I wonder how anyone will stand a chance of getting drafting when you have folks in online land that always know how to max out their characters is little to no time. (See COD4)

You don't compete in drills against anyone except yourself, but maybe you can submit your scores to see where you rank just speculating though. The only time you will play a human is in pick up games. Your right I hope that I don't spend most of my time against guys who have maxed their guys by doing cheap things. What would be cool is if you played with guys at your overall and than as you progress you play against the better guys. For example if I have a 75 overall guy I will be matched up against guys who 70-75 overall only. That way you have something to work for, because it would really tick me off if I have to go up against a Lebron clone and I am only a slow 72 rated bum.

# 40 Onpoint17 @ 08/12/09 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
What? Uhmm, are you saying he is uhmm, not a good uhmm speaker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBnII...eature=related

(this is definitely a step up from some of his earlier interviews and Playoff interviews)
I'm sure D-Rose is doing the best he can. Let show him some love. And getting a speech coach might be something he considers down the road.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.