Home
News Post

OSCAR DE LA HOYA HEADLINES DOWNLOADABLE
BOXER PACK FOR EA’s FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4

August 12, 2009 – Electronic Arts revealed that its first downloadable boxer pack for Fight Night Round 4 will be available in late August on XBOX LIVE and the Playstation Network for 800 Microsoft points and $9.99, respectively. The downloadable boxer pack will include Oscar De La Hoya, Vitali Klitschko, Wladimir Klitschko, and alternate versions of George Foreman and James Toney. Named the Game Critic Awards “Best Sports Game of E3 2009”, Fight Night Round 4 has been winning over reviewers and fans since its release on June 23rd.

In addition to the boxer pack, EA SPORTS™ will also be releasing a free downloadable game update at the end of August. The free update will include additional trunks, gloves and shorts, as well as a free button control scheme that will allow gamers to use face buttons on the Xbox 360 and PS3 game controllers to throw punches, hooks, uppercuts and haymakers. A new demo featuring the button controls will also be available on XBOX LIVE and the Playstation Network by early September. The 12 round demo will feature Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali as playable boxers.

“We are extremely excited to be able to add Oscar and the Klitschko brothers as part of our roster,” said executive producer, Dean Richards. “As three of the most globally recognized names in the sport, they are an important addition to the Fight Night Round 4 lineup.

Fight Night Round 4 is currently available for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game system from Microsoft. This game has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB, and 16+ by PEGI. For more information, log onto http://fightnight.easports.com.

Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 phant030 @ 08/12/09 02:23 PM
Happy to receive more boxers. But, for 5 for $10? Being that I know this is pre-planned...cant help but fell ripped off a little. need to wait to see if a bundle is offered later or something. 10 bucks! SMH

# 2 Sundropjunkie @ 08/12/09 02:26 PM
aint no way imma pay for boxers when there are boxers that i can DL and look damn good imo for free

# 3 aholbert32 @ 08/12/09 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phant030
Happy to receive more boxers. But, for 5 for $10? Being that I know this is pre-planned...cant help but fell ripped off a little. need to wait to see if a bundle is offered later or something. 10 bucks! SMH
10 bucks is way to high but for the Klitcs and Oscar, I will pay it.

# 4 parker002 @ 08/12/09 02:28 PM
Two of the additional boxers are ALREADY IN THE GAME.

So basically we're paying 800 MS points (or $10) for the Klitschko brothers and DLH. I can buy 3 new songs for Rock Band for HALF that.

Ridiculous.

# 5 Stormyhog @ 08/12/09 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
Two of the additional boxers are ALREADY IN THE GAME.

So basically we're paying 800 MS points (or $10) for the Klitschko brothers and DLH. I can buy 3 new songs for Rock Band for HALF that.

Ridiculous.
I agree and with the boxer share people can make really good boxers to begin with and be satisfied with that for nothing.

# 6 phant030 @ 08/12/09 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
10 bucks is way to high but for the Klitcs and Oscar, I will pay it.
I cant do it bro. Becuz, if anything, they supposed to be there and they should be selling me other boxers. Like Coach Singletary, "cant do it''. Good DLC...price point ridic..

# 7 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/12/09 03:02 PM
Alternate versions should be free. I would be much happier about this if it was 5 individual boxers.

# 8 acarrero @ 08/12/09 03:05 PM
When is this coming out? Give me Tito Trinidad!

# 9 parker002 @ 08/12/09 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Alternate versions should be free. I would be much happier about this if it was 5 individual boxers.
Yep, my thoughts exactly.

# 10 jb12780 @ 08/12/09 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I agree and with the boxer share people can make really good boxers to begin with and be satisfied with that for nothing.
Agreed. 100%.

# 11 acts238shaun @ 08/12/09 04:50 PM
The only reason I would get this is if the ratings were 90+ overall. Otherwise I can recreate them. I will say that none of the five are 90+.

# 12 BOSsTOwN @ 08/12/09 09:35 PM
Trying to nickle and dime for extras characters is rediculous to me. Good thing I get a 12 round demo to test the buttons out and see if I think the game is worth the purchase.

# 13 Jet Sufferer @ 08/12/09 09:50 PM
Well, that makes it a 70 dollar game. I'll take the 60 dollar version of the game. The 70 dollar version gives me 3 new guys (who I can create) and 2 new versions of boxers in the game. No sale. I had asked for different versions of boxers in the game, e.g. young Tyson, washed up dirty Tyson, etc. young Foreman, old Foreman. They might make more money selling them for less. 10 bucks is steep, for 10 bucks it should be 5 Superstars. There's plenty of great boxers not in the game. Wait, let me stop giving them ideas. I don't like where this whole DLC thing is going.

# 14 ZB9 @ 08/12/09 09:59 PM
do y'all realize how much it costs to sign these boxers? They cant just put any boxer they want in the game. They have to negotiate and sign these boxers that overvalue themselves.

I cant believe people are complaining about 10 bucks for cripes sake. At least FN is adding quality DLC. That is 2 bucks a boxer for one of the best DLC packs you will see. A couple of maps for Halo will cost more than 10 bucks.

anyway, im stoked about all of the boxers in the pack, but especially the K bros. They will round out FN's heavyweight roster very nicely.

# 15 Sausage @ 08/12/09 10:55 PM
Excited for this. Wish it was cheaper, but will be great to Michael Moorer fools with "old" Foreman. Also can't wait to jab and grab with W. Klits, lol. Hopefully every few months we get more packs. I expected the price point so no surprise to me.

# 16 parker002 @ 08/12/09 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
do y'all realize how much it costs to sign these boxers? They cant just put any boxer they want in the game. They have to negotiate and sign these boxers that overvalue themselves.

I cant believe people are complaining about 10 bucks for cripes sake. At least FN is adding quality DLC. That is 2 bucks a boxer for one of the best DLC packs you will see. A couple of maps for Halo will cost more than 10 bucks.

anyway, im stoked about all of the boxers in the pack, but especially the K bros. They will round out FN's heavyweight roster very nicely.
If it was 10 bucks for 5 NEW fighters, it MIGHT be worth it. As it is, it's 3 new fighters and 2 guys we already have in the game.

As for comparing it to other games, I can buy 3 new Rock Band songs for 440 MS points. Heck, for the same 800 MS Points they want for 5 boxers, I bought Fable 2 Knothole Island, which provided almost 20 hours of brand new content.

It's way too expensive, that's all there is to it.

# 17 ZB9 @ 08/12/09 11:32 PM
complaining over 10 bucks? 10 would be well worth it for DLH and the K bros alone...and we dont "already have" middleweight James Toney or old George Foreman in the retail game.

I am notoriously hesitant to give EA props, but they did a great job with the boxers they chose for this DLC pack and with the price. You can best believe that it wasnt easy or cheap to sign the K bros considering they hold 3 out of 4 of the current HW belts, and especially considering that the K's have their own licensed game.

Some of you dont understand how difficult and expensive it is to sign and license some of these boxers. I guarantee you that signing the K bros was expensive. They are a couple of the most popular athletes in Europe, and EA wants to market to Europe as well.

# 18 parker002 @ 08/12/09 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
complaining over 10 bucks? 10 would be well worth it for DLH and the K bros alone...and we dont "already have" middleweight James Toney or old George Foreman in the retail game.

I am notoriously hesitant to give EA props, but they did a great job with the boxers they chose for this DLC pack and with the price. You can best believe that it wasnt easy or cheap to sign the K bros considering they hold 3 out of 4 of the current HW belts, and especially considering that the K's have their own licensed game.

Some of you dont understand how difficult and expensive it is to sign and license some of these boxers. I guarantee you that signing the K bros was expensive. They are a couple of the most popular athletes in Europe, and EA wants to market to Europe as well.
I FULLY understand how difficult it is to sign and license some of these boxers. I also understand that licensing them at all is irrelevant if it causes the price to be prohibitive.

I'm not complaining at all. I won't be downloading it, nor do I care if I'm missing out on anything. I'm merely suggesting that I've downloaded additional content for a great many games and it wasn't this expensive. $10 for 5 boxers is out of line for the current DLC market.

# 19 ZB9 @ 08/13/09 12:03 AM
if a mere 10 bucks for this excellent DLC is too expensive for someone, then maybe they should get a job instead of playing FN....no offense

# 20 Stormyhog @ 08/13/09 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
if a mere 10 bucks for this excellent DLC is too expensive for someone, then maybe they should get a job instead of playing FN....no offense
It's not whether we can afford it or not it has to do with what your getting in return compared to other games and their dlc. I find EA's dlc is a bit to high especially for Tiger Woods which is almost $8 for one course. I'd rather spend it on other games dlc which has more offer. I get a fair amount of games so I am careful where I spend my money and dlc can add up to alot if you try to upgrade most of your games.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.