Home
Rugby League 3 News Post

SYDNEY, Australia – August 14, 2009 – Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) today announced the development of Rugby League 3 for Nintendo Wii™, by leading games developer Sidhe. The game continues the highly successful “Rugby League” franchise, which is amongst the highest selling franchises of all time in Australasia.

“We are extremely pleased to be publishing a new Rugby League title with such fresh features, content, and innovations across the board,” said David Robles, Business Development Manager for HES. “Rugby League 3 is a significant and worthy addition to the franchise”.

The features and content of “Rugby League 3” include:

- Visceral Wii Remote motion controls bring the physicality of Rugby League into your living room

- 80+ licensed teams from competitions such as the NRL, Super League, Toyota Cup, UK Championship, UK Championship 1, State of Origin, City v Country and internationals

- 38 stadia from Australia, New Zealand, UK and France

- Team level gameplay features including defensive line
controls, attacking strategy selection, team confidence, and AI support play

- Build a champion team in the Multi-year Franchise Mode including advanced player management, Dally M Player of the Year and Man of Steel, club records and optional manual rep selection

- Create and customise players, teams, and competitions

- Broadcast style presentation with enhanced replay angles, match highlights, and in-game commentary from Channel Nine’s Andrew Voss

“The production team has been able to leverage significant past experience and extensive feedback from consumers in the development of this title” said Mario Wynands, Managing Director of Sidhe. “As a result, Rugby League 3 takes the series to new heights, delivering a richer, deeper and more immersive experience than ever before.”

Rugby League 3 is expected to be released for Nintendo Wii in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and France in Q4 2009. More information about the game can be found at http://www****gbyleague3.com

Game: Rugby League 3Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: WiiVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 stizz @ 08/14/09 01:39 AM
Man they need to make 360 and PS3 versions.

# 2 Sherman91587 @ 08/14/09 11:26 AM
AMEN stizz
I have been waiting too long for Rugby. Just imagine how sick it could look next gen. I am still playing Rugby 06 for the original XBOX

# 3 Tigerman23 @ 08/14/09 05:13 PM
Why in the world would they make a Rugby League game??? Rugby Union is the superior form.

# 4 stizz @ 08/14/09 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman91587
AMEN stizz
I have been waiting too long for Rugby. Just imagine how sick it could look next gen. I am still playing Rugby 06 for the original XBOX
I play it once and a while as well. I hate the glitch on the 360 were all the player's turn into black silhouettes once they go into the right 22 though. The madden engine with the pro-tak seems perfect for a new rugby game, we could finally have proper rolling mauls.

# 5 Sanchez_Mareno @ 08/17/09 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz
Man they need to make 360 and PS3 versions.
I reckon. The RLWC game they released was just a rehash of the previous version. And it was crap to start with

# 6 derektrainwreck @ 08/18/09 02:17 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!

this is great news!

# 7 Jonesy @ 08/30/09 11:43 PM
Would love a new league game. We still play the very ordinary RL2 for ps2 but it is a pretty crappy game.

From memory the rugby league games did sell very well (albeit in smaller markets like Australia, UK, NZ etc) so i'm surprised they are only making a Wii version. I like both Rugby Union and rugby league but most of the games are pretty crap and I never did understand why EA didn't just steal the tackling animations from madden but i guess it must be more complicated than it sounds.

# 8 Jonesy @ 08/31/09 06:17 PM
Lol yeah i guess your right.

EA make rugby games though, surely they could mooch madden animations for those titles?

# 9 Whitesox @ 08/31/09 10:48 PM
mmm a Rugby game with Pro-Tak....That would be amazing.

# 10 Brian Gee @ 09/01/09 12:11 PM
Rugby 08 for PS2 is still in my top five sports videogames of all time....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.