Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

The Big 12 has been all about Oklahoma and Texas for the past decade. Since the year 2000, only two teams have won Big 12 Championships outside of Oklahoma and Texas (Colorado, Kansas State). This year figures to be no different with the two titans from the South overshadowing any foes from the North.

Oklahoma State could make a run at the south like Texas Tech did last year, but winning it outright will be nearly impossible without some help. Look for Nebraska to be the odds-on favorite to win the North and possibly be the suprise team nationally of 2009.

Read More - OS NCAA 10 Preview: Big XII

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 buckeyefan78 @ 08/15/09 03:30 PM
Good picks IMO.

K State over Mizzou is a bit much. Even with a Mizzou dropoff (to be expected) the talent level and disarray of KSU's program is too much for Snyder to overcome...in one year.

I like Colorado to win the North. I'm really high on Hawkins - coach and son.

# 2 ontheplains @ 08/17/09 03:28 AM
as someone whose primary professional focus is on Big XII athletics, this is the first time i've heard that Nebraska is the "odds-on favorite" to win the North division. in fact, i'm pretty used to that Kansas is the favorite and is, at worst, likely to tie with Nebraska for the North - with the tie-breaking game between the two teams to be played @ Kansas.

and while just about anyone outside of Manhattan, KS would agree with buckeyefan's take on KSU's woes, unless Colorado is a completely different team from last year (personnel-wise, they're not, at least not in any positive way), then it's a two-horse race for the North, just as it is in the South. CU would be considered the best dark horse out of the rest though, but a longshot no less.

# 3 BigDofBA @ 08/17/09 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan78
Good picks IMO.

K State over Mizzou is a bit much. Even with a Mizzou dropoff (to be expected) the talent level and disarray of KSU's program is too much for Snyder to overcome...in one year.

I like Colorado to win the North. I'm really high on Hawkins - coach and son.
I know Mizzou lost Maclin, Daniel, and Coffman but they should still have a better talent level than K-State.

Wasn't Mizzou's new QB a 4 or 5 star recruit?

# 4 snakipoomon @ 09/20/09 07:45 PM
if kansas can keep winning i think they have a good chance for the north with nebraska. I think baylor could upset oklahoma or any team this year for the south.

# 5 legendkiller5 @ 09/20/09 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I know Mizzou lost Maclin, Daniel, and Coffman but they should still have a better talent level than K-State.

Wasn't Mizzou's new QB a 4 or 5 star recruit?

Yeah, Blaine Gabbert, 5 star recruit. Looked very impressive against Illinois, but then shaky against BG (didn't get a lot of help from his receivers that game), and rebounded nicely the following week, albeit Furman.

# 6 legendkiller5 @ 09/20/09 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheplains
as someone whose primary professional focus is on Big XII athletics, this is the first time i've heard that Nebraska is the "odds-on favorite" to win the North division. in fact, i'm pretty used to that Kansas is the favorite and is, at worst, likely to tie with Nebraska for the North - with the tie-breaking game between the two teams to be played @ Kansas.

and while just about anyone outside of Manhattan, KS would agree with buckeyefan's take on KSU's woes, unless Colorado is a completely different team from last year (personnel-wise, they're not, at least not in any positive way), then it's a two-horse race for the North, just as it is in the South. CU would be considered the best dark horse out of the rest though, but a longshot no less.
I would give that sleeper pick to Baylor after CU's abysmal start.

# 7 superjames1992 @ 09/20/09 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakipoomon
if kansas can keep winning i think they have a good chance for the north with nebraska. I think baylor could upset oklahoma or any team this year for the south.
Oklahoma couldn't stop UConn at home. Unless UConn is a lot better than a mid-to-low-level Big East team, there's no way Baylor's beating Oklahoma or Texas.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.