Home
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine News Post

Game: NBA 2K10: Draft CombineReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Videos
Member Comments
# 61 CaTtViN @ 08/15/09 09:32 PM
i know it's not final product, but............
i just finish playing 2k9 with my friend and 85% of his shot is close shot but he wins me 5 games in a row.(im not that bad and he's not that good).
sometime i notice when my friend take close shot( or like fake or layup), their hands just go through my defender.

pass system,"ice-skating" dribble, close shot,stupid AI(no allen iverson).i was so frustrated every time played a new 2k basketball game because the problems still there(since 2k6)....

and i watched tat 2k10 video,sigh............

excuse my english

# 62 Goffs @ 08/15/09 09:43 PM
we finally hear the voice of 2k insider!!

# 63 Sovartus @ 08/15/09 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
I think you guys are astute enough to know that this is not final 2K10 gameplay code, it physically can't be. This game needed to be done in early July while we have until mid-late September for the full version of the game. That being said, you'll see the core changes to the game (spacing (which makes a big difference), mechanics, etc.).

It's a very fun experience that brings new gameplay to the table (the game plays totally different than what you are used to as you are player locked to your player). If you take it for what it is (it is NOT final 2K10 gameplay), then I honestly think you guys will really enjoy it. More than anything we've put out, this game rewards fundamental basketball and punishes me-first cheeser basketball. There is a learning curve for people who play a certain way, they are going to struggle at first.

Only 11 more days...
Ok SimBaller, you got my attention. I will be a big supporter of your franchise again if it is as you say. IF, real basketball punishes cheese ball, you have earned my $65. As a matter of fact, just you coming out and saying that, you earned my $65 out of respect for your franchise. The draft combine didn't impress me but your comment just now did.

I'm officially in "wait and see mode".

You guys do a lot of things right but as much as I liked the graphical overhaul, I was frustrated by the lack of control and predictable watered down post game. You just gave me hope so I'm looking forward to what you have done.

# 64 KingLBJ @ 08/15/09 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I don't remember, did 2K9 have finger tapes? Because it seems like it's on 2K10. And by the way, it looks like the player's fingers touch the ball now when he spins it.
no finger tapes in 2k9

# 65 akiracy @ 08/15/09 11:58 PM
gameplay aside, the only thing that worries me in that video is that there were 2 guys with bleach blonde hair

the created players look great this year though

# 66 youvalss @ 08/16/09 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLBJ
no finger tapes in 2k9
I just realized why there are finger tapes in 2K10. It's so obvious!

# 67 Aces15 @ 08/16/09 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I just realized why there are finger tapes in 2K10. It's so obvious!
.....Because of Kobe? I don't know, fill me in

# 68 luv_mist @ 08/16/09 03:51 AM
Some of the post in here aren't really needed if you guys have been keeping up with how the two systems have been doing their business. M$ always receives the submissions for those dlc WAAAAAYYYY in advance. Obviously were are seeing 2K9 as the core graphical foundation for the combine. It's freaking August. How old is that YouTube video anyhow? You must also ask yourself if any real tangible visual information has hit the net besides a few screns of the combine and a couple of dated screenshots? Be serious and separate the immaturity from the discernment about the game. Wait until you get a solid preview instead of wasting Internet space and time.......

On another note, the ball touches the hand. HOT DAM (in the river)

# 69 slliMMills @ 08/16/09 03:58 AM
so far not impressed...looks the same from last year. Even more upsetting is we havent seen an official video yet...but Jermaine Dupri is playing the game! Wheres the love for the people who are actually gonna spend the money for it...once again it seem 2K chooses to reward the cheesiers!!!

# 70 HeavenlyTouch @ 08/16/09 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Some of the post in here aren't really needed if you guys have been keeping up with how the two systems have been doing their business. M$ always receives the submissions for those dlc WAAAAAYYYY in advance. Obviously were are seeing 2K9 as the core graphical foundation for the combine. It's freaking August. How old is that YouTube video anyhow? You must also ask yourself if any real tangible visual information has hit the net besides a few screns of the combine and a couple of dated screenshots? Be serious and separate the immaturity from the discernment about the game. Wait until you get a solid preview instead of wasting Internet space and time.......

On another note, the ball touches the hand. HOT DAM (in the river)
It's easy for you to come out and say those things after Simballer came here and told everyone it was an early build.

Clearly, no one here knew that.

We're all a bunch of hyenas starving for information, since we've been given so little to look at.

# 71 SimBaller @ 08/16/09 12:09 PM
People react because they care. I love it!

# 72 ctu130 @ 08/16/09 12:15 PM
Quote:
hey simballer do you know when that video that was meant to be released with your insight is coming ?

# 73 ifriedrice @ 08/16/09 12:26 PM
Quote:
People are reacting negatively and this is how address it? How cocky. Ha. Most marketing departments would have gone all out to get something out there fast to show the real thing and not that dumb video that leaked. However, 2K must have an ACE up their sleeve.

# 74 Vaiasucks @ 08/16/09 12:30 PM
Is it me or could you just tell that JD was gonna be a scrub? The way he was talking before he started playing footage just gave me that vibe...

Lol

# 75 jmood88 @ 08/16/09 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice
People are reacting negatively and this is how address it? How cocky. Ha. Most marketing departments would have gone all out to get something out there fast to show the real thing and not that dumb video that leaked. However, 2K must have an ACE up their sleeve.
It's like this every year and every year the same people buy the game once they get real information.

# 76 SageInfinite @ 08/16/09 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It's like this every year and every year the same people buy the game once they get real information.
Exactly.

# 77 noshun @ 08/16/09 12:54 PM
Quote:

Hey Erick, is this game(2k10) near or currently in it's OTO stage yet? Im thinking it would be, since most OTO is about 6 weeks long?

Quote:
More than anything we've put out, this game rewards fundamental basketball and punishes me-first cheeser basketball.
Glad to see this.

# 78 blacboy @ 08/16/09 12:58 PM
Is it me or are cankles finally gone in the draft combine pics

# 79 TreyIM2 @ 08/16/09 01:03 PM
Now, I don't know how old that build is nor was it enough to really judge but my first impression of what's there is "Eh". I need more to go on so I won't really get into the specifics of what I thought cuz I don't think it would be fair but the overall impression for me was just "Eh". I was a 2K9 lover but Live 10 is really getting me hyped for it more so yet 2K hasn't given us anything really to wow over. I will see what the future brings and I put my 5 on the combine DLC.

# 80 Da_Czar @ 08/16/09 01:47 PM
Saw some good stuff in there man !!! Can't wait to see more. I hope they bring the rain this year !

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.