Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Always home to a smash-mouth, hard-fought brand of football, the AFC North is never a fun division for opposing teams to play against. Barring a surprising turn of events, the division should once again belong to the defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers, but there are still no shortage of interesting teams and players throughout -- particularly for Madden players. Here's a look at the division, and some of each team's noteworthy players (teams presented in predicted order of finish).

Read More - OS Madden 10 Preview: AFC North

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 gomuherdclassof2k10 @ 08/15/09 11:18 AM
This was good. ravens all the way in 09 see you in miami!

# 2 CreatineKasey @ 08/15/09 01:56 PM
Here we go Steelers here we go!

# 3 jmood88 @ 08/15/09 03:18 PM
It's very fun playing against the Browns and Bengals.

# 4 jmood88 @ 08/15/09 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stain
Here's hopy Brady Quinn becomes more than a 71 QB in real life.

We're so bummed in Cleveland about the Browns. Everybody just gets depressed. I mean, it is truly tangible. People live and die in this town with football. We were a proud franchise before Modell's move. Since then, we're so very embarrassed. Here's hoping someone, somewhere could provide some small bit of optimism that we had something, anything to look forward to in the Browns' future.

I do fear, though, there is no light at the end of this endless tunnel. It just makes an entire city sad. It's cool that we have LeBron but people's excitement over the Cavs compared with the Browns is like 1/10th. There is a reason the Pro Football Hallf of Fame is here. We don't have much in Cleveland and it's depressing to live here. We know people make fun of us but, hey, it's our home. We're praying that Brady Quinn is more than a 71 QB but something nagging tells me that the Madden Devs got it about right with that rating. Is there any reason to keep hope alive, do you think?
Quinn is lucky to have a 71, he's shown absolutely nothing in the NFL or in college, other than showing that he can get wins against bad college teams.

# 5 KaptnKirk12 @ 08/15/09 04:43 PM
Joe Flacco's rating is well deserved, can't wait to see what he can do this season to up it even more.

# 6 Aimbrogn @ 08/16/09 11:29 AM
The Browns are fielding pretty much the same squad that almost made the playoffs in 2007 and I believe that the problem can be attributed to the mismanagement of former head coach Romeo Crennel and general manager Phil Savage. With the exception of drafting Joe Thomas the Browns have drafted poorly and I still think Brady Quinn has something to prove. The Browns were such a painful disapointment last season due to the instability at quarterback, injuries, and the fact that Braylon Edwards could not catch a beach ball if it was tossed to him. I expect the Browns to be a suprise team that could reverse some negative sentiments in Cleveland if they find stability at QB, Jamal Lewis gets more then .5 yards per carry, and if Eric Mangini can do a good job of motivating the team. I think Cleveland is capable of finishing in 3rd place because the Bengals have no offensive line, running game, defense is unproven, and Carson Palmer is coming back from another major injury, and Ocho Cinco is past his prime. The only offensive player I think could stand out is Chris Henry.

# 7 jmood88 @ 08/16/09 12:03 PM
That's a lot of if's.

# 8 wwharton @ 08/17/09 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimbrogn
The Browns are fielding pretty much the same squad that almost made the playoffs in 2007 and I believe that the problem can be attributed to the mismanagement of former head coach Romeo Crennel and general manager Phil Savage. With the exception of drafting Joe Thomas the Browns have drafted poorly and I still think Brady Quinn has something to prove. The Browns were such a painful disapointment last season due to the instability at quarterback, injuries, and the fact that Braylon Edwards could not catch a beach ball if it was tossed to him. I expect the Browns to be a suprise team that could reverse some negative sentiments in Cleveland if they find stability at QB, Jamal Lewis gets more then .5 yards per carry, and if Eric Mangini can do a good job of motivating the team. I think Cleveland is capable of finishing in 3rd place because the Bengals have no offensive line, running game, defense is unproven, and Carson Palmer is coming back from another major injury, and Ocho Cinco is past his prime. The only offensive player I think could stand out is Chris Henry.
Browns have almost the same team as 2007 while other teams have drastically improved. Take away one of the many lucky wins they got back then and consider the Ravens and Steelers are much better teams (and that's talking about in the division only) and you can see why expecting the same results is a bit of a stretch.

# 9 mmorg @ 08/18/09 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Quinn is lucky to have a 71, he's shown absolutely nothing in the NFL or in college, other than showing that he can get wins against bad college teams.
Well, it did take USC an illegal push into the end zone to beat Notre Dame that year.

# 10 jmood88 @ 08/18/09 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Well, it did take USC an illegal push into the end zone to beat Notre Dame that year.
That's the closest he got to a marquee win and it was a loss.

# 11 MattieShoes @ 08/18/09 01:00 PM
Four games against the two best defenses in the NFL, year in and year out... Browns and Bengals are just plain unlucky.

# 12 SoxFan01605 @ 08/18/09 01:37 PM
This list seems good to me. I will say that I think the Bengals could surprise a lot of people this year, even without TJ. Still, barring key injuries, it comes down to a 2 team race yet again. And, if Flacco doesn't have a sophomore slump, the Ravens are very close IMO.

# 13 Aggies7 @ 08/19/09 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
Four games against the two best defenses in the NFL, year in and year out... Browns and Bengals are just plain unlucky.
Agreed kinda feel bad for them.

# 14 Computalover @ 08/19/09 10:16 AM
WHAT TIME IS IT??
ARE MY DAWGS IN THE HOUSE?!?

LOL!

OH YEAH.. WHATS OUR NAME?? (from last season btw)

GO RAVENS!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.