Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Videos
Member Comments
# 101 alexgamez122 @ 08/21/09 08:16 PM
Menu

# 102 Stumbleweed @ 08/21/09 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
I don't understand this at all. 2k introduced new technology by having seamless animations post play. They have far better modeled crowds and stadiums. EA is using pre-rendered cut scenes (technology from what circa 1990) for their presentations.

2k are utilizing new technology and have hardly used outdated graphics. Making cyberfaces on the PC is far harder for nba 2k than it is for any of the previous live games.

EA games focus on different things (how customizable are there player faces in create a player? you choose a pre-rendered face) while 2k focus on different things. It isn't outdated though by any stretch of my imagination.
RE: Cut scenes -- those were removed for Live 10, and they are all seamless now. Also, Live's crowd animates at 60 fps as well as fully-modeled players on the bench, also at 60 fps.

Just in case you missed that.

BShadows, I'm not as extreme as you, but I was thinking the same thing after these first batch of 2K screens. I looked at the full-resolution ones on IGN, and you can see aliasing issues again with the slight blockiness on their close-up models and jerseys. Live has none of that with their models and their lighting looks ridiculous. 2K's smooth, but Live's crispy and just blows me away visually. Might just be a preference of mine, but I don't think the graphics war is even close this year. 2K always looks better right up to release though, so who knows?

# 103 Stumbleweed @ 08/21/09 09:15 PM
Heh, it's funny because I feel the same way about the animations. It's what's under the hood and how it feels that matters the most to me. I'll overlook some random weirdness if it still feels like I'm in control and can do whatever I have in my head without laboring and struggling with the controls or movement. But yeah, I'm not a graphics guy either normally, but Live's stills are turning me into one ha.

# 104 Da_Czar @ 08/21/09 10:58 PM
Loved what I saw man. Game is really looking good from what we have seen. I've heard about all I care too though about the combine. I'm already sold on that. It would be nice to see what else they have.

# 105 Da_Czar @ 08/21/09 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oairtucks
Can we make an unlimited number of players using the combine? If so, Classic NBA Players here we come!
I'm not sure but i heard we can only "import" one player into the game.

# 106 Pared @ 08/22/09 09:00 AM
You can only import one guy into the My Player.

This has nothing to do with Create a Player spots and everything to do with a type of career mode.

# 107 oairtucks @ 08/22/09 09:30 AM
Thanks Da_Czar and Pared. I been making classic rosters on every sports game I have since I can remember (love old school). I have hated that we just don't get full customization over everything in the game. To me full customization of everygame should be a standard of next-gen console, that's what I thought we would be geting by now. I'm 33, and I've been gaming since I can remember. Everything is more intergrated now (w/PC), we should be able scan our own images or use the vision camera (what did they make it for anyway take advantage)and put them in the game as our CAP player (ex. Tiger Wood). I'll just be waiting forever.

# 108 Pared @ 08/22/09 09:55 AM
From everything I've seen, I think you'll be happy with the customization option for create a player this year!

# 109 oairtucks @ 08/22/09 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
From everything I've seen, I think you'll be happy with the customization option for create a player this year!
Good to hear!

# 110 Da_Czar @ 08/22/09 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
If this represents the engine and animations that the full game will have, I'll pass.

Pretty much nothing has changed in terms of the body builder player models and robot animations.

So disappointing.
Admiral50... WHAT ! is this the real Admiral ???? Whats up man. been a minute. If you don't like these animations you must hate live's... anyway good to see you on here again.

# 111 KING2672 @ 08/22/09 12:55 PM
I hope the crossover animations in this game look betta than they do in 2k9 especially after seeing 0:55 in the combine trailer.

# 112 lv2bll @ 08/22/09 01:24 PM
personally i like the trailer. from what is saw the gameplay looks good and the animations looked like they were easy to control(seemed like player knew what he wanted to do and did it) also the 2 dunks the players hands did not go through the rim. Once this comes out 2k will focus on info for 2k10. The midrange pull up was spot on without the gather step and the defense looked okay(not enough for an opinion).\

Also it seems like 2k has done this the past few years where they wait till September to release any gameplay vids while live has their whole game out there to sell their product early. Just wait till 2k starts releasing vids..

Also messenjah matt should do them!!!

# 113 lv2bll @ 08/22/09 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING2672
I hope the crossover animations in this game look betta than they do in 2k9 especially after seeing 0:55 in the combine trailer.
i believe you can choose exactly which animation you want using any control

# 114 Progenitor @ 08/23/09 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
You can only import one guy into the My Player.

This has nothing to do with Create a Player spots and everything to do with a type of career mode.
Another question about that.

Let's say I create a PG. Go through the drills and everything, and get to the point where my created player is ready for importing into 10'. . Now let's say for whatever reason, I wasn't satisfied with how I did with my PG in the drills, or that I just wanted to test out another position..............Can I create another player and try out him out at another position, then decide who to import?
Can I delete my character before I import and start again is what I'm asking......
I don't know what position I want to play, and I dont want to be stuck with one before I test them out.

# 115 eDotd @ 08/23/09 05:49 AM
You can have as many players as you want to, you can only upload/import one. If you don't like the player you uploaded you can forget about him and upload another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSpot
Furthermore, you'll only be able to upload one character at a time to the 2K servers for use in NBA 2K10. So if you decide to try a new character and position, then upload him, you'll erase any previous character you've uploaded.

# 116 Pared @ 08/23/09 11:52 AM
Yeah, even after you've uploaded a guy, it seems like you can always just re-upload another guy anytime you want.

# 117 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/23/09 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I have no idea what you were watching.
I must blind too, I have been gaming with 2k since the dreamcast and this series has been great for me over he years, but I agree, the play models and the game as a whole just hasn't changed much at all. 2K looks the same every year, it's not bad, but to mee there just not upgrading the game much year in and out.

On another note, I can careless about the Combine, I play offline franchise and I don't care about create a player and bringing him up, kinda feels like the Sony's The LIFE in a way, don't care about it.

# 118 jmood88 @ 08/23/09 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I must blind too, I have been gaming with 2k since the dreamcast and this series has been great for me over he years, but I agree, the play models and the game as a whole just hasn't changed much at all. 2K looks the same every year, it's not bad, but to mee there just not upgrading the game much year in and out.

On another note, I can careless about the Combine, I play offline franchise and I don't care about create a player and bringing him up, kinda feels like the Sony's The LIFE in a way, don't care about it.
You played on the ps3 and the ps3 version looks horrible. On 360 it's the best looking basketball game from last year.

# 119 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/23/09 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
You played on the ps3 and the ps3 version looks horrible. On 360 it's the best looking basketball game from last year.
Um ok, I have seen it on the 360 many times, and IMO 2k needs a overhaul, the game is just to repetitive every year.

# 120 tcain80 @ 08/23/09 05:38 PM
The net physics look improved, and the animations seem to be smoother for jump shots, but I wonder how close the gameplay will be to 2k10. I really hope the perimeter game has recieved some attention.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.