Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Recently Operation Sports got a chance to talk with NBA Live 10 developers Mike Wang and Ryan Santos -- Mike Wang is the lead gameplay designer for NBA Live 10, and Ryan Santos is the lead visual designer on Live 10. We asked them about some of the recent media that has been released to the public, and we also asked them some general gameplay questions.

Read More - NBA Live 10 Gameplay and Visuals Q&A

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jamin23 @ 08/19/09 10:51 AM
Thank you!!

# 2 RayDog253 @ 08/19/09 11:02 AM
Cool, off to read now.

# 3 Stumbleweed @ 08/19/09 11:04 AM
"And no, we don’t suck on offense. The game just allows defensive-minded players to really dig in, get into guys and force tough shots. In the past, I had to tune games to have an overabundant number of missed layups or blocked shots to balance out the numbers… but that’s not the case with Live 10. And for me, that’s one of the most rewarding accomplishments in this year’s game."

Sweet.

# 4 RayAllen20 @ 08/19/09 11:12 AM
cant wait to play D, control my 'wow' moments, and choose how to pass. Hopefully choosing how to pass is easier than CH 2k8. It was a great feature in 2k8 but it was almost impossible to use. Hopefully Live does this good this year. Cant wait for the demo to drop.

# 5 navyboy09 @ 08/19/09 11:13 AM
very nice...i feel like this game is gonna be leaps and bounds above the competition....from all the blogs i read and vids i have seen this game is shaping up to be something epic.

# 6 RayDog253 @ 08/19/09 11:18 AM
Love everything I'm hearing, especially this "always create a game within the game… every offensive tool needs a defensive counterpart." Can't wait for the demo.

# 7 navyboy09 @ 08/19/09 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
"And no, we don’t suck on offense. The game just allows defensive-minded players to really dig in, get into guys and force tough shots. In the past, I had to tune games to have an overabundant number of missed layups or blocked shots to balance out the numbers… but that’s not the case with Live 10. And for me, that’s one of the most rewarding accomplishments in this year’s game."

Sweet.
I love that too...FINALLY defense will be just as fun as offense.

# 8 Melman @ 08/19/09 11:20 AM
Im really hoping that their is a full array of post moves. Thats the one area I make my bread and butter in 2k9, is learning how to do all of the moves. I hope in Live 10 the post moves are a game within the game. I cant wait for this demo, I really hope Live does good things this year

# 9 KChow21 @ 08/19/09 11:23 AM
Thank you Chase B and Mike... many of my questions were answered!

# 10 SageInfinite @ 08/19/09 11:30 AM
Thanx alot. Everything sounds great.

# 11 l_rob_the_great32 @ 08/19/09 11:39 AM
WOW!!!!!

# 12 Jano @ 08/19/09 11:43 AM
Great interview especially the part about defense now that got me real excited. I can't wait to play this years demo.

# 13 krazyboy225 @ 08/19/09 11:49 AM
Great Read!

# 14 BDM313 @ 08/19/09 12:23 PM
nice read...both games shaping up to be really good this year

# 15 PuntNL @ 08/19/09 12:31 PM
Nice read! Some good questions and promising answers!

This quote is making me very happy:

Quote:
And I can honestly say, Live 10 is the first game in which I feel like, if I concentrate, I can really lock down a team while on defense and change the outcome of the game. Mr. Jeff Antwi and I battle regularly throughout the year, and I can probably count on one hand the number of times either of us have shot above 60 percent. In almost all of our games, we end up shooting in the 40-percent range, and it never feels unwarranted.

And no, we don’t suck on offense.
No adjusting sliders this year?! Just a great realistic NBA game out of the box with realistic percentages when playing good D...

# 16 TreyIM2 @ 08/19/09 12:53 PM
I like this man! Lol. This is what's really good. I originally thought I wanted to be able to buy 2 great b-ball games but I dunno bout dat no-mo. Live 10 is sounding like the truth and a COMPLETE package of a b-ball game but of course, much of this is just lip service until we get our hands on the demo, at the very least however all the vids of the game look oh so scrumptious so far. I am a Mike Wang believer, fo' sho. 2K9, aside from the issues, is a great game and Mike did a pretty good job with what was there so I expect even more greatness, now, with Live 10 since I have a feeling he wants to prove himself to EA and the consumer that he can come to EA and knock the ball out of the park with them, as well. This dude is about to become legendary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
I've made the mistake of being too quick to judge this game previously. (I've made that mistake twice actually, lol). I guess it boils down to be being burned in the past, but the more videos I see and blogs I read the more I'm impressed. The still shots of the players look very good and I've noticed some nice animations. My only real concern is the net, rim and ball physics. I need to see more jumpshots and dunks to get a better idea of this.
Also, I like what I'm hearing from the guys working on the game. The attention to detail is encouraging.

2K's and EA's game are different, and I've become accustomed to 2K's game which is why I was critical earlier. I need to give EA some credit here, they really do sound like they're trying to improve so I shouldn't be so quick to judge. I look forward to seeing more of this game. Count me in.

Hey, it doesn't hurt to get 2 basketball games I guess.

PS Those Derrick Rose dribbling moves looked nice!

Cheers
Way to man up. I've never read your previous posts but I like when someone can admit when they are wrong and give credit where credit is due. I absolutely DEPLORE when people take such biased bents on things. I'm more of a down the middle man and don't take sides because there are always going to be flaws to some degree on whichever side you choose.

I rocked with Live 08 AND 2K8 after taking a long hiatus from Live, preferring 2K for years but never gave up hope that Live would get it together sooner or later. Last year, I just went with 2K9 but I really enjoyed the Live 09 demo aside from the stiffness and lack of control response. Live 10 looks like it will best Live 09, and, maybe, 2K10, by leaps and bounds but we shall see.

Now, how long to that Live 10 demo???? Ha

# 17 NELL86 @ 08/19/09 01:12 PM
After reading that all I can say is o my god i will be playing live non stop

# 18 NoTiCe_O @ 08/19/09 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
based on what mike said the only things left in making live perfect are:

Timing jumps in the air by building power before a jump and controlling the ball seemlessly midair while dodging the defender.

Michael Jordan and his unstoppable fadeaway

Naturalmotion physics engine
Don't get too carried away, the game will never be perfect, they've made alot of strides this year, and i can't wait to play, but they are far from perfect.

# 19 teebee @ 08/19/09 01:22 PM
He would have been better off not naming any players than just naming 7 scrubs that look better

# 20 ai2k2 @ 08/19/09 01:31 PM
2k better not slip up. They better keep info to mum and work in them labs. Mike Wang is a beast!... with EA's financial backing and state of the art facilities, if they slip its a wrap. Live has the foot on the gas right now.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.