Home
NHL 10 News Post

The NHL 10 demo is available for the Xbox 360. Post your impressions here. The PS3 demo will be available next week.

NHL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 VeryEvilAsh @ 08/20/09 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai123
Thanks, can the face washing be done before the whistle, I mean while in normal gameplay?
Yes, facewashing can be done when ever you want it to be. If you tap Y it's a facewash. And if you hold Y against the boards you protect the puck or shove a player against them. I must have gotten in 7 fights in the last period of the Det Pit game!

# 82 Pared @ 08/20/09 01:25 PM
Can those who are looking for the PS3 demo NOT post here? It's an impressions thread, and I've had to go through about 2 pages of guys asking when the PS3 demo is going to be up.

It will be up when Sony updates the PSN store.

Thanks.

# 83 sroz39 @ 08/20/09 01:25 PM
For those of you wondering (not sure anyone on this forum would) almost ALL of the glitch shots from 09 are totally useless. Having played on a div. 1 team almost exclusively in last year's EASHL, I can tell you that alot of the glitches I saw my teammates do are next to gone. The only one I could actually use with any effectiveness during a game was the curve shot and that one is almost completely gone too. I was able to do alot of the glitches in 09 during the practice mode where you take your BAP one on one against the goalie.

There is one that still remains somewhat effective but nowhere near the extent as last year. I'm hoping it's not because it was one of the most overused ones. Having said all this, I'm sure the glitch artists of last year will find some new cheap ways to score in 10. At the very least, I'd say 95% of last year's glitches are gone.

As for the demo itself, I think it's a fantastic step up for a game that didn't have all that much room to grow, imo. Great job guys. Should be fun. I do worry about certain new additions being exploited in this year's game but I'll reserve judgement until I play some OTP.

# 84 Nyramonte10 @ 08/20/09 01:37 PM
I just played 5 games battle the cup against a friend on harcore mode, the game is awesome. We scored 4 goals the whole time between the both of us. It really takes skill to carry the puck down the ice with one player, because the puck is more easily knocked away this year.

The passing is awesome, all i ever wanted in this game, a type of game where the really skilled have an opportunity to show what they can do and it's all up to them. I had one really sweet play against my friend that i did by accident.
I was going full speed towards him, and he tried to angle me off, and i pressed RB which i thought was still speed boost but is actually just saucer. my player flicked the puck and it banked right between the D-man's legs, then i avoided teh check and went down on a breakaway and scored.

The game's goals (at least for now) have a real organic feel to them. And connecting two or three passes in a row on hardcore mode is really satisfying. I jsut can't wait to get good enough to actually put together a highlight reel, beautiful goal.

Playing just solid D by itself is fun. I enjoyed playing good D last year in 09, but this year so far the tremendous and the ridiculous plays that even average players could make last year will be shut down.

We went into OT one game and it lasted for two extra periods, both of us freaking out after each shot hoping it wouldn't be the last one each of our goalies faced.

# 85 imdahman @ 08/20/09 01:44 PM
Hahahaha... you want puck physics! I'LL SHOW YOU PUCK PHYSICS!

So... shot on Fleury, rebound is up in the air, so he does one of the new saves wherein he torques his body to swipe at the puck. Solid save right?

WRONG.

See, he didn't get all of it, so it dribbles out to a Detroit player crashing the net and he tucks it in for an easy goal.

Yeah. This game is going to own.

# 86 Redshirt_EA @ 08/20/09 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeberg
Oh and Redshirt, while I have your attention...

Do you know if the Tampa Lightning home jersey is accurate? They have their numbers on the front (like the away jersey and like Buffalo and Dallas). I don't think it's been right in either 08 or 09. I've tweeted this to Rammer a couple of times but he did not respond.
I don't honestly know (don't see the Lightning very much). I'll post some screenshots later today and you can tell me.

# 87 Qb @ 08/20/09 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdahman
Oh, and if anyone wants more playtime in the demo - have the game tied at the end of the 3rd period to go into a full 20min period. I just did it and then the CPU scored on me with about 7seconds left in the first OT.
Do you mean a full 20 minute real-time period? That would be an awesome little easter egg, intentional or not...

# 88 plaidchuck @ 08/20/09 01:55 PM
Well, PS3 Demo the 27th as per the easports website. GAY. But at least everyone with a PS3 can get on with their lives until next thursday.

# 89 Ridgeberg @ 08/20/09 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
I don't honestly know (don't see the Lightning very much). I'll post some screenshots later today and you can tell me.
Wow. Very cool. Thanks a lot for that. Let me play devil's advocate...If, for some reason, the jersey is not correct, is there still time to fix it or am I SOL?

And also, I wanted to congratulate you and the team on the demo release. I am sure I cannot comprehend how much time and effort went into this years iteration. It must feel great to see the overwhelmingly positive feedback in this forum. Job well done!

# 90 imdahman @ 08/20/09 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Do you mean a full 20 minute real-time period? That would be an awesome little easter egg, intentional or not...
Oh no, sorry... it's an accelerated 20min period, so another 5mins.

# 91 matt8204 @ 08/20/09 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Well, PS3 Demo the 27th as per the easports website. GAY. But at least everyone with a PS3 can get on with their lives until next thursday.
Not exactly. This just means that we'll be counting the hours until next week. Oh, well. Back to Madden for now.

# 92 Redshirt_EA @ 08/20/09 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeberg
Wow. Very cool. Thanks a lot for that. Let me play devil's advocate...If, for some reason, the jersey is not correct, is there still time to fix it or am I SOL?

And also, I wanted to congratulate you and the team on the demo release. I am sure I cannot comprehend how much time and effort went into this years iteration. It must feel great to see the overwhelmingly positive feedback in this forum. Job well done!
SOL. You still want the screen shots?

# 93 Ridgeberg @ 08/20/09 02:09 PM
Quote:
Sure, I'll take what I can get.

# 94 davep @ 08/20/09 02:11 PM
Is there a discernible difference between stars and average players?

# 95 imdahman @ 08/20/09 02:12 PM
Please tell me that Hardcore Passing is in OTP... PLEASE!!

As in... everyone is required to use it...

# 96 Ridgeberg @ 08/20/09 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdahman
Please tell me that Hardcore Passing is in OTP... PLEASE!!

As in... everyone is required to use it...
It's not. Litty (and others) have said that it will be 'Normal' passing. Which means that power is taken care of and the player is in charge of direction.

# 97 onlybygrace @ 08/20/09 02:21 PM
Quote:
Hehe...Redshirt, you rock.

# 98 blinkfan77 @ 08/20/09 02:33 PM
Before I read through 13 pages (and I will soon, but I'm just curious about this right now) has anybody noticed that the "one-handed deke" from last year is gone? AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!!! Seriously. I couldn't stand that last year. The only time you see those is when someone rarely does them in shootouts. Soooo many times the one-handed animation screwed up my backhand shots etc...

So far, from what I've seen, the animation is gone. Anybody else notice or see otherwise? Thoughts?

# 99 jonydmx @ 08/20/09 02:34 PM
Quote:
I think this will work (never tried it though), you would need to move his XBox profile to your 360, download the game and then move the profile back.

I would not recommend using xbox profile recovery to move the account, a memory card would be safer if you have one available. Otherwise make sure you know what the consequences of doing the recovery would be for your friend.

I'm not sure that it would cause your friend problems, but I have a suspicion that he might loose information when he re-recovers it on his xbox.
Microsoft says:

(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907333)
the game will be downloaded under your profile so even if its on your hard drive it wont work if he loads HIS profile, your profile needs to be on the HD with the demo and you load it at his house but cant give it to him

# 100 MizzouRah @ 08/20/09 02:46 PM
Work is dragging on.... must get home..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.