Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 riDIRKulous41 @ 08/21/09 09:09 AM
Videos definitely caught my eye....but those rim sounds are horrible. I know it was said that thats how its sounds in NBA games but I have to disagree. I live in Dallas and go to Mavs games and they have the rims mic'd and turned up loud and I know they dont sound anything like that

# 262 Da_Czar @ 08/21/09 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riDIRKulous41
Videos definitely caught my eye....but those rim sounds are horrible. I know it was said that thats how its sounds in NBA games but I have to disagree. I live in Dallas and go to Mavs games and they have the rims mic'd and turned up loud and I know they dont sound anything like that
All rims may not sound the same ? Although I don't like them either. need to be turned down at least.

# 263 cjamestx @ 08/21/09 09:39 AM
Are you guys serious or what? That looked terrible. First, can anyone please tell me how Lopez on the Suns fell when he had that putback? Nobody even touched him......unless that have a clumsy rating on the game and he is a 95 in that category

# 264 Da_Czar @ 08/21/09 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjamestx
Are you guys serious or what? That looked terrible. First, can anyone please tell me how Lopez on the Suns fell when he had that putback? Nobody even touched him......unless that have a clumsy rating on the game and he is a 95 in that category
that has been acknowledged many times throughout the thread. It was a glitch and we would like to see that fixed. Was that all you disliked ? was there anything good in there to you ?

# 265 Pared @ 08/21/09 09:57 AM
This is probably, of all the media released, the best video IMO.

Looking good!

# 266 SageInfinite @ 08/21/09 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
that has been acknowledged many times throughout the thread. It was a glitch and we would like to see that fixed. Was that all you disliked ? was there anything good in there to you ?
I thought even that sequence there was some good. Lopez tried to flop and it was not called, then you can see how he reacted the non call throwing his arm in disgust. I thought it was great. The only awkward part was how much ground he covered on the flop.

# 267 Quicksilver @ 08/21/09 10:03 AM
I downloaded the video and played it in super slow motion with VLC player.

1.Birdman did NOT block Al Harrington with his forearm. He used his palm to do that.

2. as for the Robin Lopez fall/ flop: after looking at it several times in slow motion, it is I assume a result of the block and not because of body contact.

usually you get of balance if you were blocked hard while either trying to dunk or shoot. and whenever the ball gets between two hands with one applying more force than the other.

But in that instance it is a weak block and the AI triggered the animation. a little tweaking should fix it.

3. Chris Bosh's block i feel should have shot the ball straight to mid court instead of kinda floating down. wrong animation between bosh and the ball.

Good Video btw. I can see no force field glaring even in slow motion. Good job EA.

# 268 -DaVe- @ 08/21/09 10:10 AM
I'm a 2k guy and man, I have to admit Live is looking GOOD...
I'm loving how it's looking more fluid this year

# 269 RayDog253 @ 08/21/09 11:31 AM
If you look at Robin Lopez' right leg it looks like he trips over Beidris. His foot comes in contact with Beidris' right leg causing him to fall to his right. That's what I see anyways...

# 270 Quicksilver @ 08/21/09 11:47 AM
I think the collision detection might be more sensitive than it should be that's why AI triggered an animation with no relation to what was going on.

# 271 HeavenlyTouch @ 08/21/09 11:51 AM
I don't know why some of you are trying to dismiss the Lopez fall as a trip or contact. There was initial contact with Biedrins, but Biedrins was infront of him, not behind him. Logically, why would Lopez fly forwards if Biedrins contact/impact hit him from the front?It was a small glitch, that's all.

Great rebound by Lopez though, the rebounding animations in this game are simply amazing (and boxouts, extremely superior rebounding to 2k where any 7 footer can grab the ball in stratosphere), court spacing, AI (watch how Jefferson/ Ginobili slide over, how TP is ready to cut down the lane for a dump off pass from TD until TD is blocked and he cuts back). There are some AMAZING sequences here that are extremely lifelike to NBA tendencies. I've HATED Live for the past 4 years and I'm actually convinced I will play AND enjoy this game thoroughlly.

# 272 RayDog253 @ 08/21/09 11:57 AM
I still have no problem with how he fell.
The rebound he got was impressive looking.
I agree with the shot blocking, all though good animations the ball should of got sent on the Bosh and Anderson blocks.

# 273 Pared @ 08/21/09 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
This is probably, of all the media released, the best video IMO.

Looking good!
Just need to clarify:

I loved the way the offensive player seemingly combo'd dribbling moves. That's what was so great about 2k7.

The actual purpose of the video, blocks and rebounds, still had that awkward look to it.

Seems like that suction of two players that people have complained about with 2k for a while is starting to crop up here as well. Players jumping up and then being moved back a few feet magically...

The dribbling by Deron was very nice though.

# 274 koolaszkidd @ 08/21/09 03:36 PM
demo coming out september 10 !!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1016761p2.html

# 275 bigeastbumrush @ 08/22/09 09:48 AM
As impressed as I was with the video, there were MANY flaws in it.

THE BAD:
-Paul Pierce is facing the wrong way before he catches the pass from Rondo. This forces me to believe his sig shot is rather canned because it was the sequence of a catch and shoot.

He's facing the crowd and puts his hands out to catch the ball while also facing the crowd.

-Calderon has a block attempt in the wrong direction.

-Pietrus is just in a daze and he SLIDES!!

-Howard WARPS for the rebound.

-Chandler WARPS for the rebound.

-Lopez WARPS out of bounds. No one touched him.

-Gerald Wallace's close-out is not towards the ball.

The sliding and warping are disturbing. Pierce's sig jumper is beautiful but the animation (wrong direction) is horrible.

THE GOOD:
-I love Deron's spin moves.
-Love Mayo's drive to the basket.
-Love Perkin's tip in.
-Love Lopez's fight for the boards.
-Love Bosh's Block.
-I the collision animation on Josh Smith's block.
-Couldn't tell who the Jazz player was but he's wiping sweat off his forehead in the corner.
-Richardson's hop-back animation to clear space.

# 276 Eddie1967 @ 08/22/09 10:38 AM
This game is looking very good. Is it possible to buy and play 2 NBA games? I'm leaning towards getting both after watching these vids.

# 277 Da_Czar @ 08/22/09 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
As impressed as I was with the video, there were MANY flaws in it.

THE BAD:
-Paul Pierce is facing the wrong way before he catches the pass from Rondo. This forces me to believe his sig shot is rather canned because it was the sequence of a catch and shoot.

He's facing the crowd and puts his hands out to catch the ball while also facing the crowd.

-Calderon has a block attempt in the wrong direction.

-Pietrus is just in a daze and he SLIDES!!

-Howard WARPS for the rebound.

-Chandler WARPS for the rebound.

-Lopez WARPS out of bounds. No one touched him.

-Gerald Wallace's close-out is not towards the ball.

The sliding and warping are disturbing. Pierce's sig jumper is beautiful but the animation (wrong direction) is horrible.

THE GOOD:
-I love Deron's spin moves.
-Love Mayo's drive to the basket.
-Love Perkin's tip in.
-Love Lopez's fight for the boards.
-Love Bosh's Block.
-I the collision animation on Josh Smith's block.
-Couldn't tell who the Jazz player was but he's wiping sweat off his forehead in the corner.
-Richardson's hop-back animation to clear space.
Big east one question for you. If that all stays in the game. is it still good enough to enjoy if you had it ? May not be enough information for you yet to make that call but just wondering if a fellow baller like yourself thinks the good outweighs the bad so far ???

# 278 bigeastbumrush @ 08/22/09 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Big east one question for you. If that all stays in the game. is it still good enough to enjoy if you had it ? May not be enough information for you yet to make that call but just wondering if a fellow baller like yourself thinks the good outweighs the bad so far ???
Czar...what's good.
The good far outweighs the bad. Best believe I'm going 82 games sim-style. The moves (Deron Williams in particular) just sucks me in.

But as a critique, certain things like the warping will undoubtedly frustrate the hell out of me.

I can take flaws in a game if it's user controlled (2-on-2 and the other guy doesn't play sim, cheesers, dunkfest, etc.). I just cannot stand when the CPU makes those same flaws.

In Live 09, I got beat for so many rebounds because the CPU just floated to the ball no matter when I hit the rebound button. You touched on this in one of your vids.

Now in Live 10, if I get beat for rebounds because the CPU warps from one end of the basket to the other to snactch a rebound (see Howard and Chandler), it's gonna piss me off and ruin my experience.

Yeah, I'll still finish a game and not shut my PS3 off. But I'll be pissed.

Man, it's the nature of videogames. It's fantasy world.

Mike Wang took Live to another level. But dude, we all know this is not gonna be perfect. It's just a matter of who I give my hard earned $60 to. Which product's flaws frustrate me the least.

# 279 TxSxT @ 08/22/09 04:04 PM
is amare wearing his goggles??

# 280 23 @ 08/22/09 04:29 PM
yup looks like he is

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.