Member Comments
# 281 TxSxT @ 08/22/09 05:06 PM
yup looks like he is

HELL YA AMARE WIT GOGGLES.

# 282 Da_Czar @ 08/22/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Czar...what's good.
The good far outweighs the bad. Best believe I'm going 82 games sim-style. The moves (Deron Williams in particular) just sucks me in.

But as a critique, certain things like the warping will undoubtedly frustrate the hell out of me.

I can take flaws in a game if it's user controlled (2-on-2 and the other guy doesn't play sim, cheesers, dunkfest, etc.). I just cannot stand when the CPU makes those same flaws.

In Live 09, I got beat for so many rebounds because the CPU just floated to the ball no matter when I hit the rebound button. You touched on this in one of your vids.

Now in Live 10, if I get beat for rebounds because the CPU warps from one end of the basket to the other to snactch a rebound (see Howard and Chandler), it's gonna piss me off and ruin my experience.

Yeah, I'll still finish a game and not shut my PS3 off. But I'll be pissed.

Man, it's the nature of videogames. It's fantasy world.

Mike Wang took Live to another level. But dude, we all know this is not gonna be perfect. It's just a matter of who I give my hard earned $60 to. Which product's flaws frustrate me the least.
Thanks Bigeast. Exactly what I wanted to know man. Hopefully whatever the game does not do well...it doesn't do often... if that makes any sense.

I have said it a couple times but this year I think no matter which way you go. there will be a few minor things to overlook. but nothing that should keep hard core ballers from going 82 games. I missed being able to do that with a game last year so i am definitely looking forward to fighting through the grind of an 82 game season. I can't wait... I can't wait. Also look forward to playing some of my OS brethren online when i can find the time. I only played once last year and that was like 2 weeks ago....LOL..

# 283 marcoyk @ 08/22/09 11:54 PM
Well, Jason Richardson took four steps. Lopez went flying after there was no contact from that side. And Ray Allen doesn't wear black sleeves at home... but the rest was good. I really liked Chris Bosh's and Josh Smith's block. Also Pierce's shot is looking nice.

# 284 Beluba @ 08/23/09 02:07 AM
Quote:
Czar...what's good.
The good far outweighs the bad. Best believe I'm going 82 games sim-style. The moves (Deron Williams in particular) just sucks me in.

But as a critique, certain things like the warping will undoubtedly frustrate the hell out of me.

I can take flaws in a game if it's user controlled (2-on-2 and the other guy doesn't play sim, cheesers, dunkfest, etc.). I just cannot stand when the CPU makes those same flaws.

In Live 09, I got beat for so many rebounds because the CPU just floated to the ball no matter when I hit the rebound button. You touched on this in one of your vids.

Now in Live 10, if I get beat for rebounds because the CPU warps from one end of the basket to the other to snactch a rebound (see Howard and Chandler), it's gonna piss me off and ruin my experience.

Yeah, I'll still finish a game and not shut my PS3 off. But I'll be pissed.

Man, it's the nature of videogames. It's fantasy world.

Mike Wang took Live to another level. But dude, we all know this is not gonna be perfect. It's just a matter of who I give my hard earned $60 to. Which product's flaws frustrate me the least.
yo bigeast. for what it's worth, nobody has complained to me about feeling cheated on rebounds like you're describing. as you can see, rebounding isn't perfect and guys will warp to the ball a bit unrealistically from time to time (something we're still trying to get ironed out for the final product or patch), but it's a cosmetic flaw and not a functional one. That's pretty much true with the other glitches that people are seeing or reporting in previews. Live 10 won't be without its flaws, but once you get past them, it is an incredible hoops sim. I just hope everyone, including all the doubters out there, gives the game the chance to prove it to them.

# 285 bigeastbumrush @ 08/23/09 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
yo bigeast. for what it's worth, nobody has complained to me about feeling cheated on rebounds like you're describing. as you can see, rebounding isn't perfect and guys will warp to the ball a bit unrealistically from time to time (something we're still trying to get ironed out for the final product or patch), but it's a cosmetic flaw and not a functional one. That's pretty much true with the other glitches that people are seeing or reporting in previews. Live 10 won't be without its flaws, but once you get past them, it is an incredible hoops sim. I just hope everyone, including all the doubters out there, gives the game the chance to prove it to them.
I appreciate the feedback.

Some of the vids that were released (not by EA) started to worry me. But I can't really have a knee-jerk, end-all reaction to this.

For what it's worth, the rebounding that I've seen in Live 10 is light years ahead of what it used to be. I like the rebounding battles where on offense, you feel like that rebound is up for grabs and you have the opportunity to get more than one "chance at the ball" for a putback. It's not just missed shot, someone grabs it, end of possession.

I want that, shot missed, I fight for it, pump fake, go up for my shot, it misses and it's anyone's ball after that. Makes me feel like I have a chance.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this year's version. You're good money in my book.

# 286 HeavenlyTouch @ 08/23/09 05:55 PM
Quote:
I appreciate the feedback.

Some of the vids that were released (not by EA) started to worry me. But I can't really have a knee-jerk, end-all reaction to this.

For what it's worth, the rebounding that I've seen in Live 10 is light years ahead of what it used to be. I like the rebounding battles where on offense, you feel like that rebound is up for grabs and you have the opportunity to get more than one "chance at the ball" for a putback. It's not just missed shot, someone grabs it, end of possession.

I want that, shot missed, I fight for it, pump fake, go up for my shot, it misses and it's anyone's ball after that. Makes me feel like I have a chance.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this year's version. You're good money in my book.
I'm an avid 2k fan and I can easily tell you from watching these videos that the rebounding mechanics are light years ahead of where 2k9 was.

2k9 has the '7 footer auto rebound' syndrome, it's pretty much who can out jump the other guy to the ball first, and we all know that's not exactly realistic to how rebounding works in real life. In the majority of these gameplay videos you see the right guys grabbing rebounds (Howard, Chandler, Robin Lopez, Vince) without warping (with a few exceptions). Judging the rebounding sequences, the Lopez bump seems to be an anomaly to say the least.

The boxing out sequences are very solid in this game, there are some cases where the ball drops down for no apparent reason as if the players do not notice it.

I don't think you have to worry too much about rebounding effecting your overall sim experience.

# 287 green94 @ 08/23/09 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
No doubt, there will always be flaws, but to be candid... seeing these videos/previews and knowing that you are working on Live now has all but sealed my gaming fate this year.

By the way, your work on 2k was incredible and I can't wait to see what's in store for Live this year.

# 288 SageInfinite @ 08/24/09 09:33 PM
I just noticed the rim sound was different and more realistic on the Paul Pierce miss. Hopefully those are the type of sounds we'll be hearing.

# 289 Jamin23 @ 08/24/09 09:36 PM
Does anyone know what this weeks is going to about?

# 290 RayDog253 @ 08/24/09 09:45 PM
I think passing, cause some thought we would get that last week.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.