Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Da_Czar @ 08/20/09 06:30 PM
The best thing about this thread TO ME is the fact that I haven't read. (Could have missed it) one complaint about "force fields" and contact around the rim....

# 142 23 @ 08/20/09 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESB32CrowBonez
Since no one mention this, did yall see amare goggles. haha sweet!

I didnt see it but awesome if its in there and it does wonders for the CAPS if they have goggles in this year!

# 143 23 @ 08/20/09 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
The best thing about this thread TO ME is the fact that I haven't read. (Could have missed it) one complaint about "force fields" and contact around the rim....
Wow, that is another eliminated argument isnt it...

Good eye Czar

# 144 BiggD @ 08/20/09 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyo06
wow i am so hyped for this release. cant wait till the demo drops! again kudos to the whole development team man! some of our fellow OS members are really childish man. If you dont like a game dont post in the forums. Smh at guys arguing polygons! thats how you know the Live team made a huge jump from 09 to 10 when guys start trying to "find" problems with the game.

You guys have my money again this year. "EA Sports, Let the haters hate!"

PS, ***** Posters marry ***** Women, and have ***** Kids!

LMAO!.... dammn Haters! ;-)

# 145 iamthemaster121 @ 08/20/09 06:41 PM
My impressions

The Good
  • Chris Bosh swatting the crap out of D-Will's layup was probably one of the best blocking animations I've ever seen
  • Lopez going after the rebound in traffic and using the tip the ball to yourself mechanic look pretty fluid. His reaction after he fell was nice as well.
  • Josh Smith's rejection...need I say more?

The BAD
For all the good the video has shown, the bad things easily outweighed the good.
  • Chris Anderson slid into his animation when trying to defend TD in the post
  • Dwight Howard seemed to go through the backboard for the rebound
  • Yes, J-Rich DID travel. Anybody with eyes should be able to notice that.
  • What's with Lopez falling all awkwardly? He seemed to land on the wrong foot then magically get "pushed" in the total opposite direction. This was the worst thing I noticed in the video.
  • Anderson blocking Al with his forearm was whack. WTF, this never happens in real life.
  • Pierce was looking at the crowd when he received the ball.

Despite the bad outweighing the good, I would rate the video a 7/10. Live has definitely made an improvement. However, this video has yet to switch my favor from 2K to Live. I'm waiting patiently for 2K's videos now.

# 146 LEGENDoflegends @ 08/20/09 06:45 PM
I think I am the only one who actually think live looks like garbage in-motion.

For a moment I was leaning towards live when I heard Mike Wang was on board, but I'm sorry, after seeing this game in motion from several clips, I don't see how people is actually excited for this game. Looks like more of the same garbage to me.

# 147 BiggD @ 08/20/09 06:48 PM
ok can someone help me out i can't see it clearly enough

Q/Are the Bobcats wearing there new "pinstripe" away jerseys? it looks like there alt. from last year hopefully the new ones made the cut

# 148 thmst30 @ 08/20/09 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
ok can someone help me out i can't see it clearly enough

Q/Are the Bobcats wearing there new "pinstripe" away jerseys? it looks like there alt. from last year hopefully the new ones made the cut
I was trying to figure that out as well. If could have been the new ones, because they are supposed to look very similar to what we saw there. Unfortunately the video isn't close enough to see pinstripes or not.

# 149 Tha_Kid @ 08/20/09 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yeah PP's sig shot looks like 1000X better... Nice job guys
Pretty much my overall takeaway lol

Initially I noticed that the physics, as far as some of the takeoffs, can look a bit dodgy. Namely the Chandler rebound, the Robin Lopez fall, and the 2nd Andersen block and the way he runs afterwards. Also, Pierce having his back to rondo when he gets that pass, and KG camping at the 3 when in that scenario he wouldve stepped in to 19-20 foot range for a catch and shoot bothered me.

There are some things that have me saying "ehh" but overall i'm impressed enough to make it a day one purchase.

# 150 Jamin23 @ 08/20/09 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
I was trying to figure that out as well. If could have been the new ones, because they are supposed to look very similar to what we saw there. Unfortunately the video isn't close enough to see pinstripes or not.
Those are the old alternates.

# 151 magicman32 @ 08/20/09 07:05 PM
Live 10 has improved overall as a basketball game, however this video wasn't very impressive at all. The sizeup dribbles and hustle play videos were more impressive. The rebounds and blocks still need work in my opinion. The tip to yourself animation looks really good and probably the most note worthy improvement.

But a lot of player movements still look a bit robotic and herky jerky still. IMHO the guys at EA need another year to touch up the blocking and rebounding to make it look more like real basketball. 2 examples, the bosh block. The animation after the block was overexagerrated and really didn't look smooth or realistic. And lastly the Robin Lopez tip to himself was cool, but the put back was really bad. Once again the fall to the floor looked overexaggerated and unrealistic.

There were other rebounds in the video also that looked like the players were sucked into a forcefield. Very jerky animations. Hopefully they smooth this stuff out next year. I also don't like the overall colors in the game. This wasn't a very impressive video. But overall live has improved.

# 152 Jano @ 08/20/09 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Yes those are the pinstripe jerseys you can see it more clearly in the HD version. PM if you want a link to the HD version so you can see it yourself.

# 153 LEGENDoflegends @ 08/20/09 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz3v3ry504
i really don't understand how you can call this garbage compared to 2k's creamy graphics i mean get real ppl it's amazing how people nitpick about Live's features and act like 2k is flawless which it's not kuz after a while the gameplay got extra boring not to say that live was perfect but still if u dnt like the game then that's fine but u don't have to call it garbage let's see you create a video game ya'll don't realize how hard game designers actually work to make these games and anyway this is just trailer wait til the demo or actual game comes out to judge...nd stop hatin so damn much its not good for ya health
Who said anything about 2k? I didn't like 2k9 so let me put that out there. I'm not a pro-live or pro-2k. I have no bias view towards any game. I am known for calling a spade a spade. I am skeptical about 2k10 as well since 2k9 was a let down IMO. Live looks great with their initial screen shots. But seeing the game in-motion it just doesn't look like anything I was hoping for. The #1 problem still remains and that's their ridiculous player models.

Now u can make excuses about developers all u want, which is dumb being that u are the consumer(u should always want for the best/most for ur money). And with that being a fact, there is no way I will make excuses for EA when they are the one's getting rich and making a profit. I am the consumer, and I have an opinion. And IMO, lives look like garbage again. U don't have to agree with me. If u think the game looks great then feel free to go wait in line when its release and waste ur money.

# 154 brs2305 @ 08/20/09 07:20 PM
And here we go...another vid that gets me pumped. Very smooth animations. Lov it. Duncan as already pointed out by many is absolutely great. I also loved the Mayos drive just because it looked so natural. Moreover I am very satisfied by the huge amout of statisitic overlays I've seen by now (something I loved about 2k8). Also, despite the travel incident, I really loved how Richardson created space for an open shot. I guess these issues are the sacrifices you need to give for having absolute control in a video game. But I prefer control by a lightyear margin. Also as a victim of 2k9 I am relieved to see a heavily contested short ranged shot actually being to long instead of basically falling of the hand and barely touching the front of the rim. On PP's jumper I think the ball/rim in and out interaction was really nice.

Can't wait to play the game tomorrow at gamescom!!! Maybe I can get a vid for you guys...

# 155 Jamin23 @ 08/20/09 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs2305
And here we go...another vid that gets me pumped. Very smooth animations. Lov it. Duncan as already pointed out by many is absolutely great. I also loved the Mayos drive just because it looked so natural. Moreover I am very satisfied by the huge amout of statisitic overlays I've seen by now (something I loved about 2k8). Also, despite the travel incident, I really loved how Richardson created space for an open shot. I guess these issues are the sacrifices you need to give for having absolute control in a video game. But I prefer control by a lightyear margin. Also as a victim of 2k9 I am relieved to see a heavily contested short ranged shot actually being to long instead of basically falling of the hand and barely touching the front of the rim. On PP's jumper I think the ball/rim in and out interaction was really nice.

Can't wait to play the game tomorrow at gamescom!!! Maybe I can get a vid for you guys...
Just wait until tomorrow until the previews start rolling out. Oh and while you're playing the game try to get some video of it if you can. You are lucky to be able to play it tomorrow.

# 156 Jamin23 @ 08/20/09 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz3v3ry504
how do u get to play the game??!!??
Gamescom convention. I know not fair.

# 157 LEGENDoflegends @ 08/20/09 07:28 PM
now he wants to act like he's a video game developer with some inside knowledge about developing.

I hate guys like this. Whatever dude.

# 158 ai2k2 @ 08/20/09 07:31 PM
What percentage of completion is the game. I want his playing experience to be fair from a near complete game, other wise its useless if the game is going to be better ten fold by the time it hits retail.

# 159 brs2305 @ 08/20/09 07:34 PM
Well I am driving through the half the county for that. That's how much the game got me. I hope there is a chance to tape some, but I 'll definitely share my impressions. Besides I think Steve_OS will post a review about the Demo tomorrow as far as I know...

# 160 green94 @ 08/20/09 07:37 PM
Sickest lighting in a sports video game EVER.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.