Home
NHL 10 News Post

Hey guys,

I will be playing the NHL 10 beta this weekend. What I want to know - do you have any questions you want answered? Let me know now, and I will take the list with me. We have an embargo that will be lifted on Monday, so I will come back with as much information as I can and answer as much as I can handle.

Shoot.

NHL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ThePebble19 @ 08/22/09 01:53 PM
Any chance they used the gameface feature for Be A pro or create a player?

# 22 ch46647 @ 08/22/09 04:42 PM
I think the crowd in the NHL demo is amazing. However, there is a slight delay betweem when a goal is scored and when the crowd starts cheering. (Im not talking about when they all stand up, but the the actual cheers when the player scores)

Just wanted to know if the flow between crowd reaction and what is happening on the ice is more smooth in the beta?

Thanks!

# 23 Cotton500 @ 08/22/09 05:21 PM
can you do a two player BE A Gm Mode?

# 24 Lordofthething @ 08/22/09 06:17 PM
There any more classic teams besides Montreal?

# 25 plaidchuck @ 08/22/09 06:24 PM
If you have time to play Be A Pro: Do the coaches give better feedback than before? Can you be drafted outside the first round? Do they have a combine or other ways to change your draft positition?

If Not: More overall info on the game AI would be nice, any new create a play stuff?

# 26 plaidchuck @ 08/22/09 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofthething
There any more classic teams besides Montreal?
Yeah this too, it will be pretty lame if they're the only team there still. It would be awesome if they had classic dynasty teams (Oilers, Islanders, 91-92 Pens, 97-98 Detroit for starters) or at the least a "HOF" Team with Gretzky, Lemieux, etc. Although this would be a little tricky since I imagine you need each former player's consent to be in the game.

# 27 sraczk2011 @ 08/22/09 07:49 PM
What additions and improvements have been made to Be A Pro Mode?

# 28 gator3guy @ 08/22/09 08:16 PM
Are there...

-Correct International jerseys, or the same old flags?

-Any type of Olympic game mode or same old torunament? Is there a playable olympics in Be a GM? or is their an all star game?

-Any new teams besides the Swiss League? i.e. the missing teams of the KHL: Dinamo Minsk, Dynamo Riga, Barys Astana?

- How is the [defensemen] point play in the offensive zone (I havent played the demo yet)? Last year it seemed too 'stiff' for lack of a better term.

# 29 themaizeandblue @ 08/22/09 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Any chance you can have more than one user in franchise modes?
EA has said that there can be more than one user and also do a fantasy draft.

Also, can you explain the effect the new controls have when playing as a goalie? Is it more intuitive or is the best method still just trying to position the goalie in the right spot so the computer can make the play on the puck?

Edit: Can you also find out what how the player type "Tough Guy" differs from the other base player choices and how you earn the different cards to get more attribute points in the EASHL? Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions!

# 30 Spanky @ 08/23/09 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Are there...

-Correct International jerseys, or the same old flags?

-Any type of Olympic game mode or same old torunament? Is there a playable olympics in Be a GM? or is their an all star game?

Unfortunately, still not real international jerseys, just the flags, according to an interview with one of the devs, who said it was too difficult getting the license for those jerseys. Why, I have no idea, since they have all those leagues.

Also, no Olympics mode.

# 31 Spanky @ 08/23/09 12:42 AM
Another question: What season lengths are there in season mode and GM mode? Hopefully you can play shorter seasons (20, 40 games) and not just 82.

# 32 ether @ 08/23/09 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Unfortunately, still not real international jerseys, just the flags, according to an interview with one of the devs, who said it was too difficult getting the license for those jerseys. Why, I have no idea, since they have all those leagues.
The international jerseys used are controlled by the governing body of each country's hockey program, Hockey Canada, USA Hockey, etc. They would have to work out a deal with every countries governing body in order to use them. Considering how many countries they put in the game, that could be a pretty significant amount of work.

# 33 Tedward @ 08/23/09 03:29 AM
Has anyone found any supposed "glitch goals"?

# 34 ps3veron @ 08/23/09 10:06 AM
Have they completely removed that bug that kept PS3s resetting when trying to quite the game? Are they aware of this?

# 35 goblades26 @ 08/23/09 12:03 PM
What AHL team is Anaheim affiliated with and who shares ti with them? Hopefully Florida has their own AHL team now.

# 36 gator3guy @ 08/23/09 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ether
The international jerseys used are controlled by the governing body of each country's hockey program, Hockey Canada, USA Hockey, etc. They would have to work out a deal with every countries governing body in order to use them. Considering how many countries they put in the game, that could be a pretty significant amount of work.
I think EA has to get the IIHF license. In NHL 2004 they had authentic jerseys for the world cup. I wish they would at least make the jersey look half way decent.

# 37 bigmoe @ 08/23/09 04:32 PM
Still trying to find out if we have an alternating view while playing with the action cam? Not just skating "up" ice for the entire game.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.