Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Every year it seems that the NFC South has the potential to be the most competitive division in the NFL. Traditionally, the NFC South has historically been topsy-turvy, and has actually seen the team finishing at the bottom one year, rise to the top the next year.

The 2009 season brings four very exciting teams to the NFC South once again. Every team in the NFC South has to feel like their team can win the division in 2009. With that in mind, here's a breakdown of the division and each team's key players. Teams are listed in predicted order of finish. Also included in parenthesis are the teams 2008 regular season record.

Read More - OS Madden 10 Preview: NFC South

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 murdamann10 @ 08/24/09 01:53 PM
Good article. Panthers are definitely going to stay on top of the NFC south this year.

# 2 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/24/09 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamann10
Good article. Panthers are definitely going to stay on top of the NFC south this year.
Well as much as I want to believe in my panthers this year. So far they are looking poor this year. Plus with the Panthers leading FT out for the year and their MLB hurt right now with a MLC sprain/ slight tear. Carolina might not be having a good year. BTW this should be in the pro football forum and not in madden. Just letting you know bro.

# 3 SeventhWard @ 08/24/09 03:40 PM
All about the SAINTS, suckers!

# 4 murdamann10 @ 08/24/09 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well as much as I want to believe in my panthers this year. So far they are looking poor this year. Plus with the Panthers leading FT out for the year and their MLB hurt right now with a MLC sprain/ slight tear. Carolina might not be having a good year. BTW this should be in the pro football forum and not in madden. Just letting you know bro.
Yea I know we are gettin hit hard at injuries. Our FS (godfrey) is expected back in the early part of the regular season. I dont know what the deal is on Beason, but i'm not really worried. DT is a concern, but it has been ever since we lost Jenkins.

People are going to see our injuries, then assume we wont do anything this year, which is a perfect scenerio in my mind. We thrive as being the underdog, and we are certainly going to be the underdog for a while.

Lol at the saints. You guys have had a good pre-season, but im interested to see how long the saints last as the season goes on.

# 5 Vaporub83 @ 08/24/09 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhWard
All about the SAINTS, suckers!
The Saints will be bad like they are every year. They had one good season lets not make it seem like they have EVER been good. The Bucs will be better than most people believe.

# 6 SuperKyle @ 08/24/09 04:34 PM
WTF with the Sharper/Harper stuff? Neither one is on the Bucs! I don't know if you just copy/pasted that from somewhere else, but the Bucs' safeties are Sabby Piscatelli, Will Allen, Tanard Jackson (Susp) and possibly Jermaine Phillips. What were you smoking, buddy?
Otherwise, fine breakdown.

# 7 TheSaint92 @ 08/24/09 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
The Saints will be bad like they are every year. They had one good season lets not make it seem like they have EVER been good. The Bucs will be better than most people believe.
Yea but the Bucs won't be better than the Saints.

# 8 SeventhWard @ 08/24/09 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
Boy...you TRIPPIN!

The Bucs don't stand a chance.

Who's your starting QB? Do you even know? You cannot be serious thinking these boys are contenders this year.

Meanwhile - Payton & Brees are trying to get that Lombardi.

We've got room on the bandwagon, friend. Come on aboard.

-SeventhWard

# 9 spottieottiedop @ 08/24/09 07:30 PM
You guys are trippin'. It's the year of my Falcons. Besides there hasn't been a repeat NFC South champ ever. And it won't start this season.

# 10 murdamann10 @ 08/24/09 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottieottiedop
You guys are trippin'. It's the year of my Falcons. Besides there hasn't been a repeat NFC South champ ever. And it won't start this season.
yea falcons look good. but keep in mind who they were playing this preseason, two teams that combined for 3 wins in 08. Yea they look sharp, but who wouldnt lol. I'm interested in how matt ryan does with his sophmore slump. Then the defense is always suspect.

# 11 wolverine2481 @ 08/24/09 08:54 PM
All I got to say is they have to get past THE DALLAS COWBOYS!!

# 12 Vaporub83 @ 08/24/09 09:01 PM
How old is Sharper? Since when do Safeties make the entire defense?

# 13 Vaporub83 @ 08/24/09 09:04 PM
I don't know if you paid attention last season but Brees almost broke the Passing yards in a season record and the Saints still only finished 8-8. So obviously you need more than a QB. Not to mention their non existent running game. Bush is not a RB in the NFL he is an athlete that's it.

# 14 marcoyk @ 08/24/09 09:08 PM
Good predictions, completely agree.

# 15 JohnDoe8865 @ 08/25/09 12:14 PM
The safeties comment was supposed to be for New Orleans, my bad on that. Not sure how it got put in with Tampa Bay. I revised it many times, I must have fouled it up in there somehow.

# 16 Frank784 @ 08/25/09 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKyle
WTF with the Sharper/Harper stuff? Neither one is on the Bucs! I don't know if you just copy/pasted that from somewhere else, but the Bucs' safeties are Sabby Piscatelli, Will Allen, Tanard Jackson (Susp) and possibly Jermaine Phillips. What were you smoking, buddy?
Otherwise, fine breakdown.
Lol, so true. Sharper is on the Saints, I believe Harper is as well. The Bucs starting safeties will be Sabby Piscitelli and Tanard Jackson. Jackson has been suspended 4 games and will likely be replaced by Will Allen, possibly Philips in spot duty.

# 17 tbbucsfan001 @ 08/27/09 10:11 PM
How is Clifton Smith only an 88 return? He was the kick returner for the NFC in the Pro Bowl!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.