Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K10 trailer, featuring Kobe Bryant.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 elev8rmuzik @ 08/25/09 09:44 PM
On topic -

I liked the move Kobe did. He did flick his wrist, but it was one of those quick flicks (where you feel like you're putting more touch on the ball). The ball doesn't fly out of his hand, like some of you are trying to make it seem (just to have something to complain about).

It's a trailer, get over yourselves.

Off topic -

Too much access to superficial information is making some of you armchair developers. Again, get over yourselves.

# 182 eDotd @ 08/25/09 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elev8rmuzik
Too much access to superficial information is making some of you armchair developers.

# 183 ai2k2 @ 08/25/09 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
What route is that? the same one they been on? Why go another route?

It makes absolutely 0 business sense to scrap what they been doing for so long and starting over completely. Games like NHL and MLB had to be done. Just like Madden (needs to) and NBA Live had to start over.

When your game is the highest rated and best selling all while having competition, you dont rebuild. Its like Peyton Manning saying, ya know what, i been on the Colts for to long. ITs time to play for the Detroit Lions and see if we can turn this around. Makes 0 sense.
Your looking at it differently. 2k is in niceee position, Yes, but they arent showing hunger. Competition wise Number 1 rated Bball game and Number 1 selling looks nice until you see the numbers for yourself. Live 09 sold 1.7 Million Copies. 2k pushed 2.0 Million Copies. Plus without Live doing number 1 ratings and sales there still a monster. Its EA!!!... Im not sure you know what type of beast 2k is playing with. Really when compition is that close you have to reinvent Bro. Not reinvent the wheel but make an existing thing more appealing by showing expansion. i.e Gatorade. Number 1 sports drink but with Vitamin Water right behind. They reinvent themselves, run the G campaign and voula!!. Same drink, but better look. Same game but upgrade the graphics and certain mechanics that dont work. 2k is great but lord knows it can be better. If this trailer doesnt look like 2k9 to you then hey, idk what to tell you. As i said, im not here to bash it or anything, nor sway anyone about anything. Just calling it spade of spade. Imma hold judgement but based on movement 2k might feel the same gameplay wise. Im going to be patient and wait for the more INDEPTH talk on gameplay instead of the "The controls have been simplified and low post is now automatic in the right situation" type fluff... You work for them, your kind of bias. I am a consumer with no strings attached. I speak as i see.

One!

# 184 ekferio @ 08/25/09 10:24 PM
Something doesn't look right with Kobe's head shape. Looks a little out of proportion imo. But i like the facial expression he makes during the shot.

# 185 SageInfinite @ 08/25/09 10:48 PM
Where's my man Bshadows at? He aint checked in yet. I already know what he's gonna say.

# 186 Behindshadows @ 08/25/09 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Where's my man Bshadows at? He aint checked in yet. I already know what he's gonna say.
Nope I'm okay! I have nothing good to say about this trailer, so I'll keep quiet...For everyone enjoying good for you. Take care and peace!

# 187 tanner99 @ 08/25/09 11:13 PM
yeah this trailer didn't impress me at all

# 188 SageInfinite @ 08/25/09 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Nope I'm okay! I have nothing good to say about this trailer, so I'll keep quiet...For everyone enjoying good for you. Take care and peace!

# 189 jmood88 @ 08/25/09 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailtothethief
damn man I agree with you one hundred percent. Why should we, as consumers dial back out expectation for a product that we pay 60 dollars annually? The fact of the matter is for the past 3 years, 2k basketball added mostly fluff every year to make it more pleasing to those who dont really play the game extensively. The game has had so many core problems in relation to animation, collision and control that they never bother to fix. In terms of control, they had it perfect in 2k6-2k7 yet they decide to completely **** it up in 2k8-2k9 and now its an added feature for the back of the box to say that the controls are more intuitive? Give me a ****ing break. Trailer looked like garbage, same crap dribbling animation, no sense of real speed/momentum when kobe takes the first step. Again 2k neglecting the gameplay and adding or in some cases back tracking and then adding it back just so they could add something new on the back of the box. I am done .
Peace out homie.

# 190 Pared @ 08/25/09 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
The route IS the same as EA's Live for 2 reasons...

1. They reached a high level and got either complacent or lazy and greedy. Adding polish to a game is fine but charging full price for something that is 90% the same as what loyal customers paid full price a year earlier is wrong.

I think sports games should take a similar approach to the Apple OSX Snow Leopard route... make a full game every 2 years and only charge 1/3 to 1/2 for every in between year.

2. Ironically, when Live was also the best selling and highest rated, it actually wasn't the best version of Live, but 'won' those years because it's competitor was struggling, rather than their own game stepping up a few levels.

And to answer the question of why would you rebuild a game that is already rated the best and selling the most?

Well, because you will turn into EA and become hated amongst gamers and lose fans for a year or two. 2K went from a really grateful company in terms of appreciating their customers and listening to them to a company (much like EA) where the 'minimum effort, maximum profit' slogan meant more to them than their customers.
Nothing at all to do with the trailer.

Let's get back to the topic. Thanks.

# 191 Pared @ 08/25/09 11:59 PM
Again, NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRAILER.

Quit the off-topic posting fellas.

# 192 magicman32 @ 08/26/09 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
The route IS the same as EA's Live for 2 reasons...

1. They reached a high level and got either complacent or lazy and greedy. Adding polish to a game is fine but charging full price for something that is 90% the same as what loyal customers paid full price a year earlier is wrong.

I think sports games should take a similar approach to the Apple OSX Snow Leopard route... make a full game every 2 years and only charge 1/3 to 1/2 for every in between year.

2. Ironically, when Live was also the best selling and highest rated, it actually wasn't the best version of Live, but 'won' those years because it's competitor was struggling, rather than their own game stepping up a few levels.

And to answer the question of why would you rebuild a game that is already rated the best and selling the most?

Well, because you will turn into EA and become hated amongst gamers and lose fans for a year or two. 2K went from a really grateful company in terms of appreciating their customers and listening to them to a company (much like EA) where the 'minimum effort, maximum profit' slogan meant more to them than their customers.
What? Wow. LOL...anyway the trailer was great for marketing the game. Kobe is hot right now and showing a teaser of his sig shot was smart. That shot is a cool addition to the game.

# 193 syk_skillz @ 08/26/09 12:25 AM
Not really into Kanye's newer stuff myself but this teaser was pretty decent overall.

# 194 Peninc @ 08/26/09 12:42 AM
That trailer looked like a duller 2k9 with a new move...- wasn't impressed. Also andrew bynum still looks tragic from the glimpse I saw

# 195 bigballa21 @ 08/26/09 12:51 AM
bynum looks tragic irl

# 196 runNgun27 @ 08/26/09 12:55 AM
its either kobey jersey is up 2 high or he got dwight howards shoulders haha please fix

# 197 The 24th Letter @ 08/26/09 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
this is 2k. we all know what hes gonna say lol
trailor was aiight, about what i expected for a teaser

# 198 KaptnKirk12 @ 08/26/09 02:05 AM
Beautiful.

# 199 pnutz313 @ 08/26/09 05:14 AM
It looked okay but it sucks that the teaser was about Kobe I was hoping for some pre-game rituals. BTW did anyone notice Derek Fisher's jersey number up-side down in 0:23!! I mean wth is up with that. I am sure they will fix this but still that's not a mistake developers are supposed to make

# 200 thunder008 @ 08/26/09 06:00 AM
http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikebasketball/en_US/signature/moves?player=kobe_bryant&move=4

don't know if anyone posted this link yet but it shows video of the actual Kobe sig move that 2k got down pretty good.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.