Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K10 trailer, featuring Kobe Bryant.

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Muzyk23 @ 08/25/09 05:51 PM
Absolutely Stumble. Both games had a lot of issues last year.

Live is showing us step by step what they did to fix those

2k isn't

teasers show me nothing - I don't know if they fixed 2k9's issues based on some teasers..as a consumer I want to know..I know we are going to see 4 more teasers and some site leaks a gameplay vid meanwhile..why isn't it coming from 2k itself..I'm sincerely confused on this one.

# 122 aholbert32 @ 08/25/09 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
It's not pointless though. You can see clear improvements in the blog videos and pictures that the Live team has posted (especially the ones where they showed Live 09 and then Live 10). That's all I (and plenty of other skeptical buyers) want to see is a concerted effort to improve specific areas of the game... of course I can't judge the game until I get it in my hands, but it sure helps make me more confident about giving them my $60 on release day. Right now Live has that for sure and 2K's gotta show me something... normally that scenario was reversed in the past regardless of 2K's generally late (later than Live anyway) marketing and their penchant for trailers/teasers.

Trailers and screenshots do nothing for that (squashing concerns about gameplay issues). Actually seeing and reading about the actual mechanics that went into revamped player movement for example is meaningful in a way that official teasers and screens aren't though... and that's what we've been getting from EA. It's very appreciated by me because it's making my decision much easier than it would be if we were looking just at apples-to-apples trailers from both companies, as has been the case in the past... the extra window EA has given has made me much more confident in their product.

Okay, no more sidetrack. I just hate the argument jmood made there because it's taken at face value and I really don't think it's true.
I guess I'm different. I give articles written by people not affiliated with the company more weight than anything created or written by the company. Chase's article after seeing the game for 5 hours and Steve's Live demo article gave me more information that I care about than any blog by 2k or Live. Also, who cares about confidence when buying. If I'm not confident about a game...im not buying it. I'll wait to hear impressions or rent it.

# 123 NumberOneRB @ 08/25/09 05:58 PM
Don't really think there was enough in the trailer to get impressed about. The graphics appear to be nearly identical from last year (not necessarily a bad thing), but there are some graphical flaws that I'd hoped would get fixed (more jersey accuracy). The arena (especially court) is innacurate once again (especially the lighting). Way too dark of a court. I don't necessarily believe the court being dark has much to do with the video itself being a little dark and lacking resolution. I think the court is just too dark to begin with and SimBaller may be trying to cover 2K's tracks a little bit.

I'll wait to see some actual gameplay before I make any legitimate concessions on the overal look of the game, but this trailer did nothing to make me believe the developers made any considerable strides visual-wise from 2K9. I understand Chase's recent imformation about the game may suggest otherwise, but I'll just wait for actual gameplay footage to support his opinions.

# 124 Pared @ 08/25/09 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Its just people who are impatient. Before october 6th, they will have all the insights, they wil have the demo, they will have gameplay from various websites. They will have everything they need to know before the game comes out. EVERYTHING they know from Live they will know about 2K.

Maybe 2K does it later and closer to the release date so all this stuff is fresh to them, not from 2-4 months ago.

The thing is what 2K is actually doing it working. Look at how many people moan and groan and in the end, they still end up buying the game. They lose absolutely nothing from forum posters doing it this way.
Don't waste the server space posting this. They know. They all know this is how it goes.

Every year, same song and dance. Nothing new.

You play the game, you make a decision. No marketing from any company should be "hyping" people up, but guys get caught up. Can't blame them. It's a slow news day too.

# 125 Muzyk23 @ 08/25/09 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
ughh, how do you think them videos get out? Cuase 2K puts them out, it is from them, but they just put it on websites that will get more hits. Gamespot, IGN, Gametrailers are the places to go.
''hi guys, I'm Rob Jones, on of the devs working on 2k10, I want to show you what we did to improve spacing nad help d in the game..blah blah blah..''

why not? is it too much to ask? absolutely not

Enough. Back to the topic.

# 126 Goffs @ 08/25/09 06:02 PM
Holy crap muzyk did miss that huge thread with the Q&A where Chase actually played the damn game!?! Wtf? So I guess chase just made the q&a for the lolz..

# 127 spankdatazz22 @ 08/25/09 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Every year. Same story. Same way it happens, too. Same tired argument with no real proof. You guys are just basketball fiends and you try and make it seem like it's something completely different. Y'all don't learn.
Ain't that the truth - like Groundhog's Day around here

# 128 Air_Yeezy @ 08/25/09 06:05 PM
I'm not the brightest man in the world but Stevie Wonder could see that was a travel. Kobe looks like crap but can't really base that off a vid. clip. This trailer didn't tease me at all. We will see what the demo is looking like.

# 129 Muzyk23 @ 08/25/09 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
Holy crap muzyk did miss that huge thread with the Q&A where Chase actually played the damn game!?! Wtf? So I guess chase just made the q&a for the lolz..
Didn't miss it and it was a great read.

I'm just impressed how EA handles it this year. Nevermind.

# 130 Epiffani @ 08/25/09 06:09 PM
The song got me more hyped than the actual trailer, and I don't even like the song (that should tell you something) . Any who, I'll take it this for what its worth; this personifies the word "teaser"; meh. As far as this side conversation is concerned, It's become clear that some people need to be "sold" on the game, as in the developers becoming "Salesmen", and "hype men" for their own game. That O.S preview should've given anyone who were wondering where NBA2K is taking it this year, some great insight.

O.S Q&A>>>>>>This trailer

# 131 Pared @ 08/25/09 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Yeezy
I'm not the brightest man in the world but Stevie Wonder could see that was a travel.
That was the same argument guys had when he pulled it off in the NBA as well. Trust me, I thought so too.... but he does this plenty of times in the NBA and has added it to the repertoire.

The refs aren't calling it there, and it looks like they won't be calling it here.

Here's a shot of the Staples Center in 2k9:

As long as it looks like that I'm ok. Just odd that the teaser changed the court color THAT much. I'm sure the other colors are off too.

Need to have that compressed better.

# 132 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/25/09 06:11 PM
Nice TEASER(keyword here folks)TEASER they showed and like that move Kobe did. Can't wait for the next one.

Anyway, I still see the samethings are occuring in here where people CONTINUE to get their hopes up and continue to expect something different just because someone else does otherwise and for reasons unknown to me, people continue to expect anything different.

"OMG, 2K doesn't post blogs every 5 minutes!!!!111!!!!!"

"OMG. I need a PINK, Not Blue, Green, Orange, Red, a PINK Name to talk to me EVERYDAY on here so I can buy the game because if they don't talk to me then I can't buy the game!!!!!111!!!!"

The FUNNIEST thing throughout all this is where people were complaining about the lighting and how it was too dark, yet SimBaller comes on here and CONFIRMS that it is not an issue in the game ITSELF and that it was the video, but yet people STILL continue to question it AFTER the fact. The double standard on here is ridiculous and if you've been here long enough between here and the "othe" forum, then you'd know what I'm talking about.

You know what the funny thing is? Is that most, if not ALL of us will still be buying this game regardless of all the things being said in here LOL. And guess what? The SAME thing will be happening next year, and the year after that, and the year after that, just like it's happened this year, and last year, and the year before that LOL.

# 133 Stumbleweed @ 08/25/09 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I guess I'm different. I give articles written by people not affiliated with the company more weight than anything created or written by the company. Chase's article after seeing the game for 5 hours and Steve's Live demo article gave me more information that I care about than any blog by 2k or Live. Also, who cares about confidence when buying. If I'm not confident about a game...im not buying it. I'll wait to hear impressions or rent it.
Oh I agree, but that doesn't make stuff coming from the devs 'simply marketing' or otherwise not trustworthy. All the positive previews talking about how Live has evened the playing field this year carry a lot of weight with me as well. But again, getting a window into their improvement process and getting real honest answers (including "we didn't have time to fix that this year" or "some people will be disappointed, but we're confident in the game") is a good way for people like me to gauge and recalibrate their interest so it's not such a letdown a few months after release when the newness wears off.

# 134 Muzyk23 @ 08/25/09 06:15 PM
@ professa

and it's so freaking fantastic because it brings drama in here

# 135 GSW @ 08/25/09 06:17 PM
I really Really wish people would stop using the "Pink name" argument.

It really is ridiculous.

# 136 chance @ 08/25/09 06:20 PM
Got everything I expected nothing more nothing less

# 137 Stumbleweed @ 08/25/09 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
I really Really wish people would stop using the "Pink name" argument.

It really is ridiculous.
Hear hear. It both diminishes the intelligence of the posters while downplaying the time the developers spend here giving us information. Not productive in the least, especially coming from mods. Disappointing.

# 138 jiggamayne03 @ 08/25/09 06:22 PM
nice kobe's sig. move. i hope they changed his jumper tho..oh and thats how staples center is in real life. dark.

# 139 KING2672 @ 08/25/09 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Yeezy
I'm not the brightest man in the world but Stevie Wonder could see that was a travel. Kobe looks like crap but can't really base that off a vid. clip. This trailer didn't tease me at all. We will see what the demo is looking like.
Do u kno basketball how the hell is that a travel he neva gets off his pivot. Thats like saying jab stepping is a travel.

# 140 J-Clutch1 @ 08/25/09 06:34 PM
You could see Blake Griffin at 0:25. He looks pretty good.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.