Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Check out the new NBA Live 10 blog, going over passing controls.

Quote:
"So for this week, we’re going to take a look at passing. Passing is one of those features that hasn’t seen a ton of new innovation in recent iterations. Everyone just expects to be able to get the ball from one player to another with as little frustration as possible. Sometimes that’s easier said than done. It seems like every year people complain about “directional passing,” saying that their passes are getting thrown to a different player than the guy they’re pointing at. We spent quite a bit of time working on the directional passing logic and re-tuning the system to accommodate the tendencies of different people. You’d be surprised at how different the expected behavior is from one person to the next when trying to throw a simple pass. Some people flick the stick, some swing it, and some people are always just off a little bit because they can’t compensate for the camera angle. Another tool we gave the user this year is the player indicator direction arrow. If you’ve seen videos of gameplay you’ve probably noticed a little arrow protruding from the ball handler’s indicator. That arrow represents exactly what you’re doing on the left analog stick at all times."

Again guys, lower difficulty to showcase a certain feature.

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 XxX syntax XxX @ 08/31/09 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Friday as usual
I got a feeling this blog is going to be super crazy

# 142 mrclutch @ 08/31/09 03:12 AM
The passing controls look great.

Can one of you developers write my a excuse for my boss? I think I'm taking a sick day when the demo comes out.

# 143 ehh @ 08/31/09 10:48 AM
Beluba is the man, this looks like the first time a basketball game will have an off-ball control system that I will use regularly. I am real interested to see how the D defends dribble handoffs and if you can stop and pop right off a hand off or if the D can contest the shot too easily. Also if the guy giving the hand off will set any sort of screen.

# 144 Peninc @ 08/31/09 06:31 PM
This all looks really good. I'm remembering that first Espn article done on Live 10 some months ago and being skeptical that they would really properly change the body models and animations along with the great gameplay enhancements. Fast fwd to today and It would seem as if the devs have actually done all that and more. Gameplay looks phenomenal, and controls sound delicious to say the least. Cant wait for the demo. Thumbs up.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.