Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 BiggD @ 08/31/09 09:56 PM
Great Video! so very very excited

# 102 Marino @ 08/31/09 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
I love how Tyson Chandler gathers his step before he jumps. Finally momentum and gathering instead of teleporting and sliding lol

Also the Tony parker pass is beauty and chest passes!!!

What needs work:

When you press the shoot button it seems if you just caught the ball the player immediately jumps into form which is unrealistic since he has to catch and feel the ball and plant his feet first.

Other than that, I think its almost official, NBA LIVE 10 spoils 2K's anniversary lmao
They had a Bobcats scene in there? I don't think Tyson Chandler was in there.

# 103 blues rocker @ 08/31/09 10:11 PM
Quote:

What needs work:

When you press the shoot button it seems if you just caught the ball the player immediately jumps into form which is unrealistic since he has to catch and feel the ball and plant his feet first.
not true. Most athletic players can shoot while they're moving without planting their feet and "squaring up" (kobe, etc.). you don't have to come to a complete stop and plant both feet before you shoot. players shoot in rythm and shoot while moving all the time. That is what is great about Live's shooting - you can actually pull off these quick "moving jumpers", as opposed to 2k's sluggish shooting where you have to wait an eternity for the player to stop, plant his feet, square up, and shoot a slow jumper. Live's ability to shoot quick, moving jumpers is the way to go - much more responsive, and satisfying -and more realistic.

the idea that every jumper must be a slow, both-feet-planted "square up" jumper is a myth started by the 2k community to justify sluggish animations. Sorry, but real NBA players shoot on the move all the time (fades, moving right, moving left, off balance, off one leg, etc.). In fact, many athetic players (kobe for example) shoot moving shots more often than they shoot stand-still "squared up" jumpers.

# 104 DW3 @ 08/31/09 10:18 PM
I can not wait to play in M.S.G. this year and drop 50 with DWade. Every video i get more and more excited! Bring on the demo guys!

# 105 marquiece @ 08/31/09 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
They had a Bobcats scene in there? I don't think Tyson Chandler was in there.
Yeah he made a mistake there isnt any footage of the Bobcats. I think he is refering to the pass Paul made to Mo Pete.

# 106 Tha_Kid @ 08/31/09 10:46 PM
Everything looked generally nice aside from the Richard Jefferson dunk. There is no sense of weight in terms of catching, planting and going up. He just gets the ball, takes his steps and his body rises. The animation has no sense of momentum - i don't know if thats the right word to describe it, but you can see that its off. It is an issue with the dunks in general in the game, though it seems like they've cleaned it up for the most part it defintely takes away from fun for me when I the dunks are like that. Extra shame since Tony Parker gave him the nicest dish of all time.

# 107 bigsmallwood @ 08/31/09 11:06 PM
I am actually really impressed! The only thing that can impress me more is a video highlighting DEFENSE!!! Dwight Howard is on the box, so I wanna see some vicious blocks! And some great steals by Chris Paul!!!! We all know the offense is usually on point!

# 108 Jano @ 08/31/09 11:09 PM
Unless the demo is a major letdown EA has got my money for this years game.

# 109 crm968 @ 08/31/09 11:14 PM
This game is shaping up to be the real deal. I'm so in love with the gameplay that i forget features exist. Imagine when we do get them?

Come October 6th, it will be pretty damn fun to have a few friends over and play a little playoff. Especially when it's a game no one has played before. There will be many ohhhs and ahhhs. There will be the Damn son did you see that? and the other guy will be like shut up man i'm right here of course i can see it.

Then the classic... aww **** where you at son?!?!?! GET OFF ME!

# 110 krazyboy225 @ 08/31/09 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm968
This game is shaping up to be the real deal. I'm so in love with the gameplay that i forget features exist. Imagine when we do get them?

Come October 6th, it will be pretty damn fun to have a few friends over and play a little playoff. Especially when it's a game no one has played before. There will be many ohhhs and ahhhs. There will be the Damn son did you see that? and the other guy will be like shut up man i'm right here of course i can see it.

Then the classic... aww **** where you at son?!?!?! GET OFF ME!
Yea man that is a classic... and my personal favorite from my brother..... " Get at me Son... Get at me...KOBE!!!! is unstoppable What you saying now boy...whatchu saying now".

# 111 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/31/09 11:23 PM
Lovin' the KG & Dwight's throwdown! That's really nice!

# 112 crm968 @ 08/31/09 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
Yea man that is a classic... and my personal favorite from my brother..... " Get at me Son... Get at me...KOBE!!!! is unstoppable What you saying now boy...whatchu saying now".
LMAO. Definitely. And then if it's the CAVS against LA it becomes a discussion of whether Kobe is better than Lebron or not. Then both people try to prove it through the game, LMAO. One guy will be like see that's what kobe will do to Lebron, the other guy will be like man you know Kobe can't jump like Lebron.

Or you can Just randomly yell out the superstar's name like Barkley does when he says GINOBILI!!

# 113 NyYankees. @ 08/31/09 11:30 PM
Sick! very impressive

# 114 bigeastbumrush @ 08/31/09 11:34 PM
Damn...

# 115 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/31/09 11:36 PM
Looking real good, EA. Looking real good...

# 116 RipCity71252 @ 09/01/09 12:02 AM
That's Ben Gordon shooting the J, not Stuckey.

# 117 blues rocker @ 09/01/09 12:03 AM
Quote:
I should have been more specific. The ANIMATION when Stucky runs to the ball and shoots, the animation between catching and shooting is lacking a point where the player bends his knees to jump into a jumpshot, hes just automatically in the air.

Watch the video again, Stucky, Pistons, jump shot.
eh...maybe a bit...I don't think the animation should be slower, I just thing they needed a better transition between animations...either way, I just want the controls to be responsive - i'd rather the control be resposive and the AI be good, as opposed to a game that looks pretty but lacks responsiveness (2k)

# 118 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/01/09 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Man, did EA put some work in this year or what?
nobody can say the effort isnt there, great improvements....

The game just still looks so jerky to me though.....I wish theyd replace some of those funky animations...
This.

I really don't know what it is....Is it the sudden or quick movements? Animation transitions? Man, if EA figured out how to make SOME of those movements look fluid...

# 119 RayDog253 @ 09/01/09 01:17 AM
LOL, did anybody else see Amare's goggles?

# 120 dirtypuppet @ 09/01/09 01:52 AM
I've mentioned it before, but

The Atlanta Hawks mascot, Harry the Hawk for the second, or maybe 3rd year running, is wearing the OLD HAWKS UNIFORM.

Minor thing, but should be easy to fix. It takes away from the authenticity and experience as a Hawks fan. small gripe.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.