NBA Live 10 News Post

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 navyboy09 @ 09/01/09 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Everything looked generally nice aside from the Richard Jefferson dunk. There is no sense of weight in terms of catching, planting and going up. He just gets the ball, takes his steps and his body rises. The animation has no sense of momentum - i don't know if thats the right word to describe it, but you can see that its off. It is an issue with the dunks in general in the game, though it seems like they've cleaned it up for the most part it defintely takes away from fun for me when I the dunks are like that. Extra shame since Tony Parker gave him the nicest dish of all time.

NOT TRYING TO ARGUE but i don't understand what u are trying to say about the rj dunk...when lebron is on a fastbreak irl mo will give him a pass and soon as he touches the ball he jumps over any defender in the hole and dunks the ball...so im a little confused about that complaint but thats your opinion and everybody has one.

Now what i like about the video is everything but really like the tony parker and chris paul pass. That was STUPID NICE!!

That euro step my boy wade did was perfect.Thats him all the way.

I just hope when i check the hot spots on the game he has a red spot at the top of the key cause he can shoot from there and it was a cold spot in 09.(which i don't understand.)

I think I will finally finish a dynasty this year cause it looks like playing the cup will finally be fun and challenging.

# 142 GSW @ 09/01/09 03:10 PM
the only thing i dont like is that damn windmill is still in the game.

it just looks odd to me...

# 143 23 @ 09/01/09 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
the only thing i dont like is that damn windmill is still in the game.

it just looks odd to me...
Yeah I was going to ask Mike if he can remove that in the patch

# 144 TMagic @ 09/01/09 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Haha, I'll seriously lose it when some cheeser tries to dunk from too far away with LeBron and hangs it on the rim. That'll be epic.
How can you be so sure that that will happen?

# 145 Tommyklaid @ 09/01/09 03:18 PM
WoW!

**EA has really done it this year. The transition from '09 to '10 this year looks unbelievable!!!!

Coming from a '2K Fanboy' for the past few years after LIVE's efforts weren't catching my interest....wow!!

This may be enough to make me switch back! This is gonna be tough this year!

# 146 23 @ 09/01/09 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
How can you be so sure that that will happen?

Beluba said in the video that guys would get hung trying to dunk in traffic, but nothing about jumping from too far....lol

Is that even possible?

I think its a nice solution to dudes who try to dunk all game no matter what....

# 147 TMagic @ 09/01/09 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Beluba said in the video that guys would get hung trying to dunk in traffic, but nothing about jumping from too far....lol

Is that even possible?

I think its a nice solution to dudes who try to dunk all game no matter what....
Yeah. That's what I was getting at. I don't remember reading or hearing anything about players getting hung from jumping too far.

We don't really have any idea what situations would cause a player to get hung at all.

# 148 SageInfinite @ 09/01/09 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yeah I was going to ask Mike if he can remove that in the patch
What's wrong with the windmill? If anything I'd rather it be replaced rather than removed. I think the more animation variety that Live has the better.

# 149 23 @ 09/01/09 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Yeah. That's what I was getting at. I don't remember reading or hearing anything about players getting hung from jumping too far.

We don't really have any idea what situations would cause a player to get hung at all.
Trying to dunk in traffic when either the player is not that kind of athlete or he's defying odds like a Kevin Martin dunking in the lane over KG, Sheed and Perk...you get what im saying

We've seen Dwight dunk with 2 Lakers around him but thats not unrealistic as he's large with insane boosters and powerful. Can't do that with a guy like Dampier.... I hope

# 150 krazyboy225 @ 09/01/09 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
What's wrong with the windmill? If anything I'd rather it be replaced rather than removed. I think the more animation variety that Live has the better.
I think that was what he meant... replacing that windmill with something better.

# 151 23 @ 09/01/09 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
I think that was what he meant... replacing that windmill with something better.
I dont know if they can do that or not but it would be nice...

The windmill is just too out of context with the entire liftoff and speed of the dunk

Thats an old Live 09 dunk that should've been replaced anyhow.

# 152 SageInfinite @ 09/01/09 03:38 PM
Maybe it's the angle that didn't make it look too bad to me.

# 153 23 @ 09/01/09 03:40 PM
Nah its not, I know that dunk very well...

It doesn't feel or look right in context to the rest of the movement.

# 154 krazyboy225 @ 09/01/09 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Nah its not, I know that dunk very well...

It doesn't feel or look right in context to the rest of the movement.
I dont really like that windmill dunk either

its eww

my embeded videos never work....aghhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BTBU_3HXcA

http://www.youtube.com/v/4BTBU_3HXcA...</param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">http://www.youtube.com/v/4BTBU_3HXcA...d311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360">

# 155 SageInfinite @ 09/01/09 04:00 PM

# 156 23 @ 09/01/09 04:02 PM
I've never liked that dunk.. something just aint right about it

Maybe its too much upper body and little lower body involvement in it, but it looks off at the pinnacle of the move

# 157 TMagic @ 09/01/09 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Trying to dunk in traffic when either the player is not that kind of athlete or he's defying odds like a Kevin Martin dunking in the lane over KG, Sheed and Perk...you get what im saying

We've seen Dwight dunk with 2 Lakers around him but thats not unrealistic as he's large with insane boosters and powerful. Can't do that with a guy like Dampier.... I hope
I got you. I just hope that it's implemented well and I don't get frustrated with it over time.

It's not like we see guys getting hung in the league too often.

...But we also don't see guys banging on people constantly either. I guess we'll have to see how this plays out.

# 158 SageInfinite @ 09/01/09 04:08 PM
I think its the way he rises then plateaus, dunks then comes down. It's like gravity doesn't exist in the middle of the dunk. That dunk is very "video gamey". That's the best way I can describe it. Guess it looks better in 10 to me because the graphics and player models are so much better.

# 159 Beluba @ 09/01/09 04:34 PM
Next week when the demo drops, we'll create a patch request thread. We should be able to address most of your guys' issues via patch. It's easy to remove this dunk if you guys want to see it gone. There are only like 4 or 5 dunks from previous Lives still in the game anyway.

# 160 XxX syntax XxX @ 09/01/09 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Next week when the demo drops, we'll create a patch request thread. We should be able to address most of your guys' issues via patch. It's easy to remove this dunk if you guys want to see it gone. There are only like 4 or 5 dunks from previous Lives still in the game anyway.
Tight

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.